collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Running out of space?  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Running out of space?
« on: April 12, 2013, 06:52:08 PM »
What do you do if you start running out of space for ponies?
I am slightly obsessed with my collection looking neat and organized :nerdy: so I worry about what I will do when things start getting too crowded. Right now I have three bookcases and a cabinet dedicated to my pony collection and I've made a decision that I do not want to expand beyond this space. I already use risers and have sorted out some ponies I'm planning on re-homing (mainly doubles, variants, etc.) and can fit more ponies on my shelves at the moment, but by the end of this year if I get everything on my wishlist I feel like I'm going to start running out of room.  :freak:
Anyone else have a dilemma where they don't want to stop buying ponies but don't want them to take up any more room either? How do you deal?

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: Running out of space?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 07:02:08 PM »
I get this way. I just buy ponies and worry about it when they get here! But I've got some of my ponies in storage and I rotate them. If I had them all out, god only knows how much space they'd take up!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 07:05:52 PM »
Most ponies you can easily collect again later, so purge those and have fun re-collecting them over again!  I save my childhood herd, my favorite gifts and anything with sentimental meaning but everything else eventually goes back out to the community. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 07:09:00 PM »
I live in an apartment that is loft style and has NO closets! Everything I own is out for everyone to see. The front of my apartment is a solarium, so I can't put my ponies in there, my kitchen is a good size, but I really don't want to put them there either. Upstairs is my bedroom and bathroom. My bedroom is about 10 feet by 10 feet with a little area that leads to an octagonal window...the only one in my bedroom! On either side I have my clothes hanging, and all around the window I hang my MIB  ponies! Lol! They really brighten up the area!
I purchased some nice shelves from Ikea that attach straight to the wall, so they don't have a footprint and I can have my bird cage beneath (which is covered by ponies on top!) That's where I have my loose G4's. My other ponies (G1's) are in an old sterio cabinet beside the cage and on top of a small book case are my G2's. I store all the accessories in a perfume box which is rather large and shaped like an apple...I think it's Ricci or something...it reminded me of Applejack!
I guess when I run out of room I'll start putting shelves on the walls heading downstars! Lol! There are always options for storage...I took some of my ideas from how people set up children's playrooms to accommodate all their toys...seemed the logical thing to do! :lol:

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 09:06:53 PM »
I don't have much room either.  I have a pony "bin" and one shelf + a little space in front of the books on one of the bookshelves.

However, I consider myself more of a Pony Curator, rather than a collector.  There's a handful I never will sell, but many I like to "keep moving" out in the wild so they can be enjoyed by everyone else too.  Thankfully I have you all the arena to share them with! :D 

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 09:21:44 PM »
I have an old bookcase that my parents bought me when I lived at home still. It has doors on it with glass. They open up and then you push them back. I all have all of my loose ponies in it.
I also have another bookcase that is just open. Its the cheap ones that you buy at wal mart. Its a light brown. I have it all filled up with NIB ponies. And the big G3 style ponies. 
And that last thing that I have is some home made thing. It was originally made for my NIB Breyer horses. I no longer have it. But it works great for the rest of the NIB ponies that I have. I also put nails in it on the side to hang the NIB G4 ponies. Its not anything pretty to look at. But it all works for me. I do at times feel overwhelmed when my collection. That is why I sell a few times to time. Then buy some more later on.

I wish that I have more room to show them all. Someday I hope to have all white to show them all off :)

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 02:36:37 AM »
I am trying to move all of my ponies to dedicated shelves upstairs, but I need wayyy more shelves to accommodate everyone. I need to get up off my tush and go to ikea again.

All of my ponies are out and on top of desks and stuff though. I like to see them all.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 09:27:59 AM »
Man I wish that I lived next to an Ikea!!!!!!! There are so many things that I want there. But I can not afford to pay the same price as the item to have it shipped. There shipping is high!!!

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 10:02:40 AM »
I know how you feel! I like the ponies to look at neat as possible, but the more that arrive here the harder that becomes.

I sold a set of shelves in order to buy a better set for them, so that was a start. But now I think I'm at the point where I need to take my g2s off display.

I only have a a dozen or so of them, but I can use the space for the g3s. I just feel sad putting them away as I've always said I want to see my collection, not just hide it away. But I can't see any other options  :yikes:

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 10:03:34 AM »
I have a bedside table which my fave ponies mooch about on. The others kind of sit in a bag in my cupboard waiting for me to sort out the top of my chest of drawers or buy a bookcase. This month it'll have to be sort out the drawers because of all the new ponies on the way. I really should get a bookcase next month when we buy a dvd tower. As I've said in a similar thread all my MH dolls are in the kitchen :) it feels like space is running out for those ladies.

I don't really have enough ponies yet to be scared about space but my man said we can always get some shelves to stick them on :)
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 10:04:51 AM »
i tned to   tack all  my g4s keep them in bxes and tack them  on my walls. the  others i have ltitle rises and such  to   put mroe on my sehlves.. and i have floor to ceiling helves!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 10:25:46 AM »
I still have plenty of room for brushables on my shelves, but what I keep running out of space for is blind bags. I have a white shadow box I keep all my glittery blind bags in and all the others are on a large clear acrylic wall-mounted nail polish rack. It can hold around 100 blind bags and since there keeps being more and more of them (including the mini 3 packs) I have to keep picking a few to sell to make room for new ones I want. I also have very limited space for plush and other random figures like Funko, McDonald's, etc. Of course, early on, I was just buying pretty much anything with ponies on it because my collection wasn't too big. Now that I have a larger collection, I'm able to get rid of stuff that I don't really want and keep my collection to only my favorite items.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Running out of space?
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 12:22:23 PM »
I'm lucky to have a room for my collection but I have to work hard to get everything in there. We just moved a month ago actually so the work of setting up that room is just beginning. I have to curate pretty strongly to make sure I'm not overrun so I only keep what I really love (but yikes there's more than enough of that). It means I'll be trying to sell off most of my G3 Ponyville and lots of plush at this years Fair. My main focus is on brushables and play sets so anything that doesn't fall under that category gets a hard scrutiny before it ends up in my collection.

Elf

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2013, 01:20:58 PM »
My solution for this was to get a new house. One with a pony room.
 Even then (like Elf) it's a struggle to keep it all in just one room. The art is all hanging in the hallway upstairs, and the plushies are in a pet net in the next room over. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage when we have a roommate and I need to clear out some space! But I'll panic about that when the time comes.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2013, 01:34:45 PM »
Sadly mine are residing in totes right now.  I had a pony room but had to give it up when we discovered baby #3 (surprise!) was on his way.  My husband is hoping to build me another room later the year.  My collection is huge (about 25 totes) so it takes up a lot of our free storage space.  I have a shelf in my bedroom with ponies on it that I rotate constantly.  I hope to be able to display them all again very soon!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal