collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Thrift store find!!  (Read 972 times)

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Thrift store find!!
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 07:53:14 AM »
I see ponies in thrift stores quite often but have no idea what ones are worth picking up and what isn't.   :huh:   What I don't see is any Monster high dolls.  Dang it!!   :P

Shahaila

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 12:38:23 PM »
So this thread inspired me to go check out my local Goodwill.  Gues what I found?????? zero, zilcho, nada! not even a remnant broken piece of a MH doll LOL.  Well that is pretty much what I excpected, but still I was most hopeful that I could walk out of there with a Signature Ghoulia no one valued LOL.

Melissa

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 12:41:40 PM »
The Goodwill stores near me rarely have toys. Do you have any Savers/Unique or Arc thrift stores?

Shahaila

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 12:44:08 PM »
Not that I am aware of  :(

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 12:52:13 PM »
I found a nude Cleo yesterday at a goodwill but didn't pick her up and now wonder if that was a mistake..

Shahaila

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 01:06:18 PM »
I found a nude Cleo yesterday at a goodwill but didn't pick her up and now wonder if that was a mistake..
Perhaps you should go rescue her ... lol

jeapos88

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 06:39:00 PM »
I found mine at Goodwill, we have 3 here and both were found at the same one.

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2013, 08:30:01 AM »
I have to ask, WHAT thrift store was this at? Because I will need to start shopping there too!
It's the Family Thrift on Wishheart off of Independence blvd in VB. They usually have some really good things in the store, some are pricy and some are inexpensive. If you take the time to dig around you can find some really good things, I like going into the mens shirts because they have lots of screen prints for a dollar. I've gotten a few Thundercat, xmen and other prints there. If you ever come to VB, pm me and we can go thrifting together.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 08:36:35 AM by Psivampyr »

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2013, 10:11:18 AM »
I found GR cleo at a thrift yesterday  sooo exciting these girls are finally starting to show up!    looking for some of her acesories though  and need pics of her hair style mint  so i can see if i can recreate it. ( see my thread)

WildLace

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2013, 11:24:47 AM »
I wish we had a thrift stores. it would be so cool to find MH dolls for so cheap.

Poney M

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2013, 04:59:40 PM »
I once found Frankie's fearleading uniform and Deuce plushie, both MIB, at a flea market. My friends have found loads of MH dolls, all loose, but still wearing their clothes.

One of my friends has crazy luck. She's found at least two DT Draculauras, sig Spectra, sig Lagoona, sig Clawdeen and sig/DT Ghoulia, all with complete stock.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 09:50:44 PM by Poney M »

Melissa

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 11:00:49 AM »
I had a bit of luck come my way yesterday at the flea market. I found a Sig Frankie for $1. Her hair is a rats' nest, her knee seems are splitting a bit and her right hand and forearm are missing... but she's got her dress, belt, bracelet, earrings, and those MAGNIFICENT shoes. I figured that I'd pay more than just $1 for the shoes so I went for it.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 12:44:20 PM »
Granted I don't go to flea markets much, you have to get up really early to see any of the good stuff, but the few times I do go, I never fund anything good.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 02:17:33 PM »
None of the thrift stores near me carry toys and the closet flea market is over an hour away. Maybe I should start checking yard & garage sales.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 02:57:44 PM »
yeah, you have to keep trying. check them out EVERY time you can ... for the couple of times i've hit it lucky there are a lot of failed hunts lol but it all just depends on what people get rid of and when ...

keep looking and keep your chins up :)
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal