collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Thrift store find!!  (Read 940 times)

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Thrift store find!!
« on: April 11, 2013, 10:30:53 AM »
I found Frankie and Clawdeen Dawn of The Dance on card at the thrift today for 14.00!! Cleo wasn't on there, but I was SO excited to see these two in a baggy. They have their shoes and everything. It really looks like someone bought the set cut Cleo off and just donated the rest. Clawdeen has her I-Coffin in her hand. I also found a bag of ponies, most were fakies but there was a G1 SHS with her earring and a G2 pony in the bag as well. I am gonna give my daughter the fakies and dunno about the others.

Shahaila

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Thrift store find!!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 10:33:39 AM »
Very cool find! If you are not personally interested in the dolls you can make some money off them!

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 10:56:46 AM »
So should I leave them on card just in case?

Shahaila

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 11:04:14 AM »
So should I leave them on card just in case?
If you think you are going to sell them you might, but frankly since they are not in box I see no reason to.  It really comes down your personal preference.  Just know those dolls are now hard to find so you did find something special at your thrift store  :biggrin:

snowblossum

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 05:08:22 PM »
I go frequently to thrift stores and not once have I found a MH I dont think they will be flooding the second hand stores like barbie and bratz do.

jeapos88

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 06:16:33 PM »
that's an awesome find, Iv'e only found a loose gb clawdeen, and a scaris frankie in the box, but missing an arm :lol:

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 06:29:01 PM »
I have to ask, WHAT thrift store was this at? Because I will need to start shopping there too!

Melissa

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 07:05:52 PM »
I go frequently to thrift stores and not once have I found a MH I dont think they will be flooding the second hand stores like barbie and bratz do.
This exactly. I'm praying to even just find MH clothes in a thrift store one day.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 07:32:26 PM »
What a great find! I'm so jealous! I'm even more jealous that you found a G2! I love them so much! :heart:
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 09:17:37 PM »
I once found MIB signature Lagoona at a thrift store. One of the Arena mods was with me, too!!
It was back when MH was first coming out - I never thought she'd be worth so much now, so I deboxed her, of course. *sigh*

StormyRavenNeko

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 10:19:35 PM »
I've found a few boxed dolls back when Monster High was first released to stores - salvaged boxes from Target were sent to one of the Goodwills in my area. I picked up a wave 1 Clawdeen that suffered from busted elastic/bum hip joint. fixed her up good as new and my husband had told me that at that point I could on'l have one of each character and I threw her into a nude lot with a couple other dolls on listia. I regret it still after seeing her value skyrocket like it did since she had the human hands and she was actually one of my favorites but it only took me after getting rid of her to figure that out. >.< Seen a broken boxed wave 1 Frankie that was missing her hands and some accessories, and a broken nude wave 1 Ghoulia.  Psivampyr- sounds like you found an awesome deal seeing as finding Monster High dolls is still an oddity at resale shops. :)

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 10:25:48 PM »
What thrift shops are ya'll going to???? I havent seen a single one in ANY of mine O.O

StormyRavenNeko

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 10:34:07 PM »
What thrift shops are ya'll going to???? I havent seen a single one in ANY of mine O.O

I found them at the Goodwill on the nicer/rich side of town here. :3 Each city is different on what's stocked/donated though.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 10:51:59 PM »
I never see things like this! A firend of mine found a GR Frankie for 7 € complete, shoes and all at a flea market, but I'm never ever that lucky. This is a fantastic find! Good on you!

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 04:27:08 AM »
You're all so lucky! I hardly ever find ponies any more in British charity shops! ('Charity shop' sounds so quaint compared to 'thrift store'!)
:heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal