collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: alt alt birthflower ponies?  (Read 632 times)

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
alt alt birthflower ponies?
« on: April 10, 2013, 03:52:10 PM »
Is there more than one?

I only knew of the december one, with symbol colors reversed (pink leaves and green berries --> green leaves and pink berries)
But recently there was a june pony sold on tradera which had a red rose in her symbol. I don't think I have seen that before, the rose is usually pink, isn't it? (This was not a custom and it was sold by a non collector.)

So, is this an official alt alt version? And if so are there even more alt alts I don't know of?

I want to find out what is out there so I can go for the better version in the cases where there is more than one option...  :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

-

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: alt alt birthflower ponies?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 05:31:31 PM »
I believe there is also a variation of Cosmos - some of her flowers are orange and others are yellow.  I think for a while it was believed to be fading, but I have had both versions and the yellow-flowered one was unfaded everywhere else.

I don't think any others had actual color reversals aside from December Holly.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 05:51:49 PM »
Hmm, I haven't seen a red Rose, but it is possible there could be variants of any or all of them since they were likely made in 2 separate batches for the Scandinavian & Australian markets.

My Cosmos' flowers are half orange & half yellow on the same side, so they definitely can fade.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 05:58:24 PM »

My Cosmos' flowers are half orange & half yellow on the same side, so they definitely can fade.

I have a july waterlily one like that so totally agree with the fading

Offline tootie_tails

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 03:51:43 AM »
Hmm, I haven't seen a red Rose, but it is possible there could be variants of any or all of them since they were likely made in 2 separate batches for the Scandinavian & Australian markets.

Yes, this is what I was thinking - are there any known differences between Australia vs Scandinavia?
Has anyone ever attempted to find out? I don't really remember seeing any discussions like that on here, other than that we know they were on different cards (horisontal in scandinavia).

What is the concensus about the December ones, are they just two versions from the same area? Or could they be Au vs Scand versions?
I always thought the alt alt one were just a later version, with the colors corrected from the initial mistake. As in, the first version symbol was mistaken for pointsettia and colored accordingly, then they realized it was holly and reversed the colors for the next batch. But that was just me assuming, I guess.

By the way, red rose winner, are you out there? :) I have been waiting to see if anyone was going to post a brag but nothing so far i think.

I am aware of the usual fading, orange to yellow, and if it's half the flower being yellow it is probably safe to assume it's fading, yes. But it's interesting they can be completely yellow too, i wouldn't rule out the possibility of a variant just yet.

Has anyone noticed any other possible differences, in hair or body color, eye paint...?
-

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 05:06:10 AM »
I have all 12. Most came from Europe, & a few came from Australia. I'll look them over tonight & see if there are any difference I can find.

I do think the December with green leaves comes from Australia, based on where I've seen each version being sold.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 11:57:17 AM »
it does look more red than pink and also the leaves seem a darker green.

the rose in the nirvana gallery is a dark pink
http://mlparena.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=384500

the rose on this website is a lighter pink
http://www.angelfire.com/alt2/altbirthflowers/altbirthflowers.html

it could be due to fading :huh: or dodgy photograpghy (but there would be other colour distortions if it were that)

i don't doubt there there will be some sort of variation due to the two different releases.

we need more pictures!

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline tootie_tails

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 08:29:08 AM »
Hey! I think I found something :) I looked at the mlp wiki now and there is a moc picture of a scandinavian june/rose. And judging from the picture it does indeed look like her rose symbol is red.

It says the picture is courtesy of Stormy31685, so, Stormy, do you still own this pony?

I'm so excited, I can't believe no one else has asked about this before! The possibility of a difference in au vs scandinavia release.. :)
Not even that otherwise great angelfire page dedicated to the alt birthflowers has anything about this.

Please people, the lucky few of you who own moc alt birthflowers, can you check them for me and see if there is anything notable..?
Even if you have a loose one it might help of course, particularly if you know its origin.

I wish I had more of them myself, they are usually a bit out of my price range, even the loose ones, so I rarely splurge.
I only have two, both loose. A Lily of the valley (definitely scandinavian), and a Morning Glory (uncertain origin, uk seller).

-

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal