collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions, anyone?  (Read 5249 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Opinions, anyone?
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2013, 08:59:53 AM »
Please lets not call one another names or make judgements about people's personal opinions. This thread has reached 11 pages discussing subjects which normally involve people getting angry and antsy. Everyone has been light hearted and its been fascinating learning all the different opinions people have on all gens and all aspects of pony collecting.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2013, 09:01:17 AM »
Eh, when a general group of people in a forum make a big stink about the sexualization of ponies...  then others start using the word horny as a descriptor.  Can you see what I'm bothered by?
Come on, I know you're not dumb.  Even elementary school kids know this definition of the word.

Unipegs being renamed Horneycorns-This is a joke. It's not meant to be taken literally. Of course nobody means we should literally change all of our E-bay listings to "Twilight Sparkler the Horneycorn" or refer to Unipegs in that term FOR SERIOUS.
It was just a joke. No rule 34, no sexualizing, No tainting the precious ponies.
just joke. Jokey Joke.
For lulz.... and I thought it was funny.  :silly: Calm thyself and lighten up. *gives you a cookie*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

spookysage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2013, 09:07:43 AM »
Don't mind me, I'm sure no one noticed my nervous prattling in between all the innuendo. :blush: So how 'bout them neck seals, huh? Crazy!

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 11, 2013, 09:09:59 AM »
I suppose it depends if you automatically assume that the word horny is going to be attributed to sex. I just thought hornypeg was yet another word someone had made up for the whole pegasus unicorn thing. Someone mentioned horny lizards so they thought of an animal not sex. I admit I chuckled I suppose that means most of us including those apposed to the term all have naughty minds. I use Unipeg or pegasus unicorn. The only time before the FiM series that I'd heard of the term alicorn was in a book with a woman that had a horn on her forehead. It was some sci-fi story can't think of the name that's how interesting it was to me.

So this Tara Strong is head Brony? I must confess I know next to nothing about Bronies other than the fact that it relates to the fans of FiM (teen/adult hardcore fans). I'm in the dark on this point. I don't suppose she's part of all the 'Celestia is rubbish Luna rules' crap that I keep coming across? I myself like both of them but I'm not hugely interested in FiM. When I watch it I mostly like Pinkie Pie's crazyness.

And I agree with the fellow boardie who said Twilight Sparkle comes across as condescending as I think she does.

my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 11, 2013, 09:13:44 AM »
Don't mind me, I'm sure no one noticed my nervous prattling in between all the innuendo. :blush: So how 'bout them neck seals, huh? Crazy!

Lol...I noticed...I read.

I normally try and refrain from comment on Tara Strong however hence the lack of comment...but if you insist :P I dont like to be mean but she seems to take the worship she is shown by fans to a whole self adoration level which makes her really dislikeable a lot of the time. [/mean hat off]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2013, 09:26:51 AM »
As far as I know they both worked on Powerpuff Girls. I miss a lot of voice actor drama (although I do know who the Vic referenced further back in the thread is), but Tara Strong is just one of those voice actors who crop up in everything. Does she cause a lot of trouble or something?
I wouldn't say trouble, but at times she can be a bit... not so humble(to put semi-lightly). ^^; Especially when it comes to Twilight Sparkle or "Twilighticious" ( or however that one Twilight Sparkle fandom word goes).
Are other FiM VAs really lacking the humble department as well? I thought it was only Tara that was like that, although I haven't heard too much about the other VAs.

And I can get the point about Twilight Sparkle being condescending. I sorta noticed it in the first episode, even thought she was "naive about friends/other ponies at that point.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

CarnationTwirl

« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2013, 09:38:48 AM »
Tara Strong bugs me too.  Not in personality or action, but because she does voice acting for EVERYTHING.
I'm not begrudging success, I just would like to maybe possibly watch some cartoons or play some games and hear someone else for a change.

Offline ravengusty

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 11, 2013, 09:47:35 AM »
Tara Strong bugs me too.  Not in personality or action, but because she does voice acting for EVERYTHING.
I'm not begrudging success, I just would like to maybe possibly watch some cartoons or play some games and hear someone else for a change.

I noticed she's in everything too, I looked her up to find out who she was and thought wow has she killed off all the competition in the VA industry.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 11, 2013, 09:50:04 AM »
I love all the princesses equally :) I do not think Luna is overrated, though. Her story was really cool and I don't think it's fair to say she's not as good as the other princesses because she doesn't truly get a lot of screentime.

But come on, she walks in dreams, it's awesome!

Cadance takes the badass award, though.

But Celestia...I absolutely hate all the meme stuff surrounding her like 'Celestia does things that begins with an M' etc. That's awful. She's a maternal figure and purposefully stays hooves off so that the other ponies can learn. Just because she failed against Chrysalis doesn't make her less cool or less powerful (she had to have done SOMETHING amazing to be the sun princess), it means she's flawed. And I think it's wonderful that even the highest of princesses can have weaknesses.

Someone a few pages back mentioned that one of their unpopular opinions is those of the people who hate on the FiM series just because of an unsavory group of people. I agree that ignoring a whole generation just because of some bad folks and bad press is quite childish and provincial. If you're going to dislike a whole generation of adorable ponies, dislike it for the art, the merchandise, or the show itself, not because of SOME of its fans.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 11, 2013, 09:54:33 AM »

I noticed she's in everything too, I looked her up to find out who she was and thought wow has she killed off all the competition in the VA industry.
Haha,  I remember when Cree Summer (well known for voicing Suzie from Rugrats) was everywhere, and now you dont hear her too much. But yeah, Tara has a LOT of roles. But at least Tara can generally sound different for some of her roles. There are VAs that only seem to have one voice, no matter what character they play. xD
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

CarnationTwirl

« Reply #175 on: April 11, 2013, 10:03:31 AM »
Haha,  I remember when Cree Summer (well known for voicing Suzie from Rugrats) was everywhere, and now you dont hear her too much. But yeah, Tara has a LOT of roles. But at least Tara can generally sound different for some of her roles. There are VAs that only seem to have one voice, no matter what character they play. xD
I disagree, I think she only has the one voice.
Or rather all her voices are extremely similar.  I always know when it's her voice acting, and it does take away from my enjoyment just a little bit.

edit:: I take it back, she does have some different sounding voices.  I'm just so used to hearing her in everything that even her different sounding voices all end up being the same to me.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 10:21:16 AM by CarnationTwirl »

spookysage

« Reply #176 on: April 11, 2013, 10:22:17 AM »

Nah, that happens a lot with voice actors. The only ones I've ever really gotten burnt out on were Cree Summer back when she had to be the voice of every single black girl and her sister (fortunately things have improved) and Patrick Warburton, who seems to always crop up as the same character type.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 11, 2013, 01:42:42 PM »
Hmm, where were we before we started conjuring up images of unicorns being able to shoot blood from one eye? (One because they're not a multicorn, of course!) :lol:

That would be the most horrifying/hilarious solution to a problem in an episode yet.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 11, 2013, 03:46:24 PM »
- Painting over regrind. I'm not a big fan of painting over a pony completely.
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 11, 2013, 04:07:13 PM »
Here's my unpopular opinion. The Sunbeam/Moondancer G1 pose is teh awesome.  *grabs everyone's Sunbeams*
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal