collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions, anyone?  (Read 5245 times)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Opinions, anyone?
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2013, 04:44:25 PM »
I haven't read every single page of this topic, but I really like how calm and mature everyone is being about other people's opinions. It really makes me happy and not so scared to haven an opinion about something. :D Hugs for everyone! <3

1. I feel that G2's gets a lot of unnecessary hate.
2. Totally in agreement about Tara Strong. I get that she's really fond of her Brony fans, but I feel like [at times] she's letting the "Queen of Bronies" title get to her head. I don't hate her or anything (and some of my favorite characters were voiced by her), but I am just tired of the Tara Strong-worshipping. Like her word is law/offical/"god". At least it made sense to me why Lauren Faust would get a lot of attention, but even that is pushing it.
3. I don't care too much for Mimic.
4. As much I like her as a character, I feel Princess Luna is overrated. I like Cadance more than her.
5. Not sure if it's unpopular or anything, but I wish that FiM was more like the first two episodes (Nitemare Moon episodes - where it was like a semi-adventure or storyline/plot) or the two-parter episodes compared to it being a 80% slice-of-life series. I feel it would it made FiM a better show.  If that made sense.
6. It makes me sad that, as a pony/character, Ditzy Doo is considered offensive. I feel like I can relate to her to an extent, because I was born with a lazy eye.  ^^;
7. I don't really see what's so horrible about Equestria Girls. I get it's not everyone's cup of tea and I see why people don't like the idea, but I feel some people are taking their hatred towards it way too far.
8. A sister-point to #7: I feel it's a double standard that it's OK if fans humanize the FiM cast/ponies (via stories and artwork), but when Hasbro does it, it's totally wrong/evil/horrible/ect. It really bugs me.
9. A lot of the current FiM merch is just so "obnoxious/loud" about being a pony fan/brony. Nothing wrong with being proud to be a brony or a mega fan, but goodness, some of the shirts are really "loud" about it.
10. At the end of the day, MLP is generally geared towards kids/ young girls. I feel some people/fans are forgetting this, and need to realize it's not just/only for older people. I remember a situation on the MLP Facebook page back when the Canterlot Wedding aired, and a parent was saying how their daughter got scared during the Changeling take-over and [as a parent] wasn't pleased about that scene in the episode. Some older fans jumped on the parent and were rude, saying how FiM wasn't a show for children and it's for "them"/older people (among other things). That really bothered me to see that. :(

Vic anyone? If you know what I'm talking about I feel for you.
I think I know exactly what you mean by Vic (as nice of a guy he is when it comes to his fans, especially the FullMetal Alchemist ones).
In a way, I sorta feel Tara Strong is the Vic of the FiM [Brony] Fandom, as far as being everywhere and the amount of fans worshiping her.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

CarnationTwirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2013, 09:14:40 PM »
Horned pegasus.

Hornypeg.

Pegasus Unicornus.

Oh man! I am not worthy! *bows down before you*

From now on they are all called "Hornypegs" XD Bwahah! Just don't google that!

ROFL...I totally vote for renaming to Hornypegs....Princess Twilight Sparkle the Hornypeg
Actually this kind of bugs me a little.

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2013, 09:25:20 PM »
Horned pegasus.

Hornypeg.

Pegasus Unicornus.
\

ROFL...I totally vote for renaming to Hornypegs....Princess Twilight Sparkle the Hornypeg

It's for the lulz..... ;D funny funny stuff.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

DappleCafe

« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2013, 09:52:36 PM »
I don't even think it's an unpopular opinion at this point but I love love LOVE to see restorations.

I remember seeing the old one (thread) when I was just lurking around as a guest years ago. It actually popped up in google.  :blink:

Some of them had my jaw on the floor.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 11:25:12 PM by DappleCafe »

CarnationTwirl

« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2013, 10:21:27 PM »
Horned pegasus.

Hornypeg.

Pegasus Unicornus.
\

It's for the lulz..... ;D funny funny stuff.

Eh, when a general group of people in a forum make a big stink about the sexualization of ponies...  then others start using the word horny as a descriptor.  Can you see what I'm bothered by?

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2013, 11:42:56 PM »
It probably makes most MIB collectors cringe in absolute horror at the thought, but I totally want MIB Ponies so I can be the one to break them out of their prisons. :biggrin: And I don't understand the POV that buying MIB Ponies means they have to stay in their box/on their card.

I just think it's kinda lame to think of someone buying MOC ponies (well, mostly G1s, maybe G2s) and opening them, because there are so few of them in comparison to loose ponies. It just means one less MOC for a MIB collector, and the community, to appreciate. I think that's why most people are against it.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #156 on: April 11, 2013, 12:49:22 AM »
Eh, when a general group of people in a forum make a big stink about the sexualization of ponies...  then others start using the word horny as a descriptor.  Can you see what I'm bothered by?

horn·y  [hawr-nee]
adjective, horn·i·er, horn·i·est.

1. consisting of a horn or a hornlike substance; corneous.

2. having a horn or horns or hornlike projections; horned.

3. hornlike as a result of hardening; callous: horny hands.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 11, 2013, 01:25:10 AM »

horn·y  [hawr-nee]

In my case, I was thinking of horny toads.

EDIT: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This handsome little fella! See the horns? He's a multicorn.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 01:44:11 AM by Rosencrantz »
 (backcard by Ivy!)

spookysage

« Reply #158 on: April 11, 2013, 07:39:30 AM »
Hmm, where were we before we started conjuring up images of unicorns being able to shoot blood from one eye? (One because they're not a multicorn, of course!) :lol:

I think Baby Minty is a better name for that G4 baby prototype than Baby Molasses.  :blush: Though if she is released who knows what her name will be; just our luck it'd be none of the above.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:42:07 AM by spookysage »

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 11, 2013, 07:51:40 AM »
I think if someone pays a huge amount of money for a MIB pony and opens it so what. They'd paid the money, it belongs to them so they can do what they want with it. If I got a MIB pony I'd open because I like to open my ponies. I've never had a MIB G1 since I began collecting as an adult I did see a MOC Fizzy but it sold before I could get it. If I'd managed to get her I'd have opened her.
Though that is just my opinion and I do understand that some collectors like to keep their ponies in boxes and some like to have a MIB and an open pony.

This isn't exactly an opinion and shows my lack of watching most of FiM but I have no idea who Tara Strong is :(

I agree with a comment about the FiM being better if the episodes were more like the first few like Nightmare Moon's episodes, the time when Applejack loses a competition so kinda runs away to work for enough money to fix a roof.
Chrysalis's episodes weren't good enough for me they needed more Chrysalis and more Cadence in them seeing her capture Cadence and integrate into her role would have been better.

This thread is pretty good :) shows how different we all are

my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 11, 2013, 08:06:43 AM »
Huh? Unicorns have horns don't they? I feel as though I missed a whole section of posts or something...you could call them a wingcorn perhaps if you prefer?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2013, 08:17:59 AM »
Tara Strong, "Queen Brony". Her troll-ish/attention hungry antics aren't cute.

- I just found out Lauren Faust is married to Craig McCracken. Strong PPG influence? Maybe one of the reasons Tara Strong was casted as Twilight Sparkle?  >_<

- I don't like Twilight Sparkle. :/  She comes off as a socially awkward character and this is by her choice. Sure she made friends with the other ponies, but she still comes off as only hanging out with her click. So, how can she say she's learned the magic of friendship when she's only befriended a handful of ponies? Animation short sight, but it seems to me that the others made a lot more friends than Twilight ever did in three seasons worth of episodes.  :huh:

- I absolutely adore Fluttershy X Big Mac. FlutterMac? lol Rainbow Dash seems like she would better fit paired up with Spit Fire than Soarin. Soarin just seems like he's a simple pony, happy with apple pies. Rarity and Spike <3

- While I dislike the EqG/ Equestria Girls, I do like pony to human fanart. I don't like boobs on ponies.  >_<
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #162 on: April 11, 2013, 08:25:14 AM »

- I don't like Twilight Sparkle. :/  She comes off as a socially awkward character and this is by her choice. Sure she made friends with the other ponies, but she still comes off as only hanging out with her click. So, how can she say she's learned the magic of friendship when she's only befriended a handful of ponies? Animation short sight, but it seems to me that the others made a lot more friends than Twilight ever did in three seasons worth of episodes.  :huh:

- I absolutely adore Fluttershy X Big Mac. FlutterMac? lol Rainbow Dash seems like she would better fit paired up with Spit Fire than Soarin. Soarin just seems like he's a simple pony, happy with apple pies. Rarity and Spike <3
I think that Spitfire and Fluttershy have a lot in common, but they'd be unhappy with one another because they're both too bullheaded They'd both be fighting for the steering wheel.
I think Soarin's sweet personality would go along good with Dash, Dash of course wearing the pants in that relationship!
I also don't like Twilight Sparkle, even less now that she is a Unipeg. She is a know-it-all and a snob and often is condescending to her friends (not just Pinkie, but all of them!) Definitely my least favorite character!
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

CarnationTwirl

« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2013, 08:47:28 AM »

horn·y  [hawr-nee]

4. Slang: Vulgar.
a. lustful.
b. sexually excited.

Come on, I know you're not dumb.  Even elementary school kids know this definition of the word.

So many people here are on the brony hate bandwagon, getting mad about rule 34 and sexualizing ponies.  Calling them horny, here, seems like an immature joke approaching hypocrisy.

I believe horned is a better adjective than horny in this instance.  For one it paints a better visual, as horny calls to mind the lizard up there all covered in spikes and unicorns (winged and otherwise) are generally not.

Also
5. Archaic. semiopaque or somewhat translucent, like horn.
Only included because I don't like incomplete dictionary quotations.

So do I win the thread yet? My opinion is the most unpopular of all!

spookysage

« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2013, 08:58:48 AM »
- I just found out Lauren Faust is married to Craig McCracken. Strong PPG influence? Maybe one of the reasons Tara Strong was casted as Twilight Sparkle?  >_<

- I don't like Twilight Sparkle. :/  She comes off as a socially awkward character and this is by her choice. Sure she made friends with the other ponies, but she still comes off as only hanging out with her click. So, how can she say she's learned the magic of friendship when she's only befriended a handful of ponies? Animation short sight, but it seems to me that the others made a lot more friends than Twilight ever did in three seasons worth of episodes. :huh:

As far as I know they both worked on Powerpuff Girls. I miss a lot of voice actor drama (although I do know who the Vic referenced further back in the thread is), but Tara Strong is just one of those voice actors who crop up in everything. Does she cause a lot of trouble or something?

I don't dislike Twilight Sparkle because she's socially awkward (and really, I'm not sure anyone could make an argument that she isn't XD). Just because people have a small number of friends doesn't mean they're a snob or have a clique or mean - maybe they're just shy and awkward and terrible at making friends and can only talk to people without getting all tonguetied on the internet and spent lunch in the library because they didn't make any friends until senior year and :cloud: Maybe I am too invested in a bunch of silly cartoon pony toys! :lol:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 09:03:39 AM by spookysage »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal