collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Finding clothes for a tall girl  (Read 568 times)

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Finding clothes for a tall girl
« on: April 07, 2013, 11:01:57 AM »
My poor niece. She wants to wear the clothes her friends wear, but they don't come in her size. She's not overweight, she's tall. Tall, as in she's just 11, but she's 5'5. The clothes at her favorite store, Justice, don't come in her size. Where can we find clothes like the ones at Justice that come in her size? She shouldn't have to dress like an adult just yet.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Finding clothes for a tall girl
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 02:51:58 PM »
Well, I don't really know but she should be able to wear the shirts from justice in the larger sizes for the length. Pants for her could be found at Khols, Old Navy and places like that...or The Gap.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 05:30:12 PM »
Hmm, I think Rue 21 (not Forever 21) has some cute things aimed for around the preteen age that might come in taller/larger sizes. I can't quite remember since it's been ages since I shopped there but it might be worth checking out. Let's see...I suppose you could try Forever 21 also since some of their stores are HUGE and have a humongous variety so if you look carefully you may be able to find things age appropriate for her as well.  Oh, and Target! Outside of the young girls' section she can still maybe try looking in the missy section since they have some very adorable thing and lots of cute printed tops in very forgiving sizes.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 07:37:12 AM »
Ugh. I always had the reverse problem, being too small for my age and not being able to wear things my friends were wearing because they didn't come small enough. I feel her pain. I have no suggestions though, just sympathy.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 09:32:07 AM »
Any way to take some things in?

Hopefully theres a compromise for her somewhere <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 10:34:15 AM »
I'm a bit of a cheapskate with clothes, 5'6" and fairly thin. I go to "tween" type places at the mall with inexpensive clothes, sometimes you have to hunt for things that won't make me feel ridiculous (bratz doll type clothes- no thank you) but many of those places do have plain jeans and shirts. At least stores here are better about leg length vs. when I was 15 or so- then if I found a pant that fit me around the waist, the legs were stumpy giving me the "Milhouse" look from the simpsons, If it had a long enough leg it was sliding off my butt. annoying.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 11:00:38 AM »
H&M are good :)

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 11:05:15 AM »
I second Forever 21.  She should find some really cute stuff there - it's more teenager-centric.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 11:07:23 AM »
Ugh. I always had the reverse problem, being too small for my age and not being able to wear things my friends were wearing because they didn't come small enough. I feel her pain. I have no suggestions though, just sympathy.

Yes this was my problem as a child. I had a tiny waist and very short. We couldn't fit me in a pair of "in" jeans no matter what we tried.  So, I had no choice but to wear some less that desirable jeans in middle school.  I was very small. When I was 12 years old I was still wearing a child size 10 and even some kid 8's. My mom just tried very hard to get me not to go with fads as she always felt I needed to be an individual.  I, like all kids those ages wanted the fads.  Boy its hard growing up when you are a girl.  Clothes really are everything at that age.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 12:26:29 PM »
American Eagle has jeans and pants in long and extra long. Old Navy too. This site looks nice as well.

I feel her pain, though--I grew out of my clothes so fast it wasn't even funny. I was into a size 10 shoe by 5th grade. :lol:

I laugh now but it was rough finding clothes at all. Hell, it still is. :P

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

spookysage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 01:34:04 PM »
Definitely seek out the youth/misses/whatever section at stores, I see some pretty youthful stuff there at Target and so on.

I didn't care too much about my size or clothes growing up, but I'm still short enough that now I can occasionally grab something in the largest size from the kid's department. Less expensive that way, too. I'm pretty jealous of kids these days, though - their clothes are pretty stylish, compared to my childhood. I grew up during that terrible cusp of fashion that was the early/mid 90s - why yes, in the third grade I did have four or five matching brightly colored Pocahontas sweater/sweatpant sets! White turtlenecks! Light or stonewashed denim, everywhere! :yikes:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal