collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: St Louis Area Pony Meet! (list of guests and food added)  (Read 11679 times)

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
Re: St Louis Area Pony Meet!
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2013, 10:13:54 AM »
I'm new to Pony Meets, in general, so I was curious how sales work?  Do people bring their own folding tables and set up?  Or is it more casual like in conversation, "Oh, you're looking for flat feet collectors' pose ponies?  I have some in my car/backpack.  I'll go get them!"  :D

I've only been to Pony Fairs, so I don't have anything local to compare it to.  I'm still not sure if I'll be able to attend, but I'm trying to decide, if I can, what I should be packed and prepared for.  :)
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Offline whiskerz85

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
  • MLP 4 LIFE
    • View Profile
Re: St Louis Area Pony Meet! (list of guests and food added)
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2013, 10:28:43 AM »
People are welcome to bring there own tables if they would like. Not sure if we have enough. Since this is our first time putting on a meet we are still working out all the kinks. Next year it should be even better since we will know what to do and what not to do.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2013, 10:37:12 AM »
Since this is just a meetup for a few of us, I think tables would probably be overkill. Im just bringing my big bin of extras and people can dig through it if they want  ^.^

Im gonna bring a Strawberry Cream-cheese pie and some chips for my pot luck contribution, possibly some other stuff.

Also for the gift exchange, let's say at least one pony, anything pony related extras are obviously okay, and any fun innocuous extras should be fine as well.

Offline whiskerz85

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
  • MLP 4 LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2013, 10:46:47 AM »
Sounds good. ^.^

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2013, 08:18:59 PM »
Andrew and I are going to attempt to make baked mac & cheese!  Dun dun DUN!!!!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2013, 09:37:40 PM »
I am assuming most of us are in our 20s are 30s, right? I hope it doesn't bother you that my mom is coming. She 60 but I exaggerate not....she still likes to party. Not that she'll be trying to party with you all, but she likes to have fun. I just don't want you guys to think it's like I'm trying to bring grandma to a party. XD LOL   
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2013, 10:46:06 PM »
Hey all, I'm suffering bad on my trip out of the country with dental pain...

so right now it's super hard for me to think about food, lol

I *think* I might aztec salad (made with quinoa) but don't hold me to that, I'll get a definite answer for what I'm bringing once I get home and can get this pain under control...

Also, I have an idea for my gift, is something... "custom" pony okay? Like... an alternate rehair or... deflock? :)

I also am just bringing bins of ponies, I'll probably have about 4-5 bins, but, each pony is individually bagged within them, so people can just look through them at their leisure :biggrin:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2013, 05:58:50 AM »
Can I make a request of what not to bring for the gift exchange?  I'm allergic/highly sensitive to perfumes, chemicals, and a lot of scented items (even hand sanitizer).  Can I please ask if everybody please not bring any perfumes, scented lotions, scented candles, or anything like that please?  If any of these items were to be brought on accident I please ask that you do not open them and keep them contained in one or more plastic bags.

Also if you wear perfume can you please not wear it on that day?  Please and thank you. :)    <3

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2013, 08:11:27 PM »
Fairy,

How much does like... scented shower gel bother you? Like, showering in the morning, and then I'd be traveling. That's the only thing I usually wear that's scented...

Man scent as well? I can make sure my fiance and friend don't spritz up with any man scent...
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2013, 05:55:12 AM »
Sunshine- I think your showering gel should be fine as long as you don't bring it with you and open it up. It would be helpful if they doesn't use their cologne for the day. :)  Deodarant stick is fine (always a good thing to wear when going to see people LOL) but anything sprayed might be problematic for me.

Thank you for helping me!

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2013, 06:56:37 AM »
Does smells off of laundry bother you too? Mines really strong so I may have to keep my distance from you. I cant really change it because my daughter does not do well with any other detergent Ive used. 
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2013, 07:21:03 AM »
tiffymh1fan- The laundry soap should be fine.  Even if I am sensitive to it it wouldn't be as bad as a perfume or hand sanitizer would be.  Hand sanitizer is okay after a few minutes after you use it but is a pain for me for a few minutes until it dissipates.  So if you use hand sanitize please use it a little bit before you come or be outside with it for a few minutes during.

Sorry, I'm not trying to make this difficult or anything lol.
I do appreciate you all asking me what is okay and what isn't.  At least my allergies haven't been as bad lately as it was about a year/ year and a half ago.  It was a lot worse then.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2013, 07:38:58 AM »
No perfume it is! We want this to be fun for everyone FairyDust and certainly wouldn't want something like perfume to ruin your good time!  ;)

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2013, 11:12:14 AM »
No biggie here either, we care about you being safe as well as comfy. I wouldn't want to deal with a reaction while out of town either. Glad its getting better for you to deal with, Ive gotten over allergies before.

I used to be really allergic to refried beans (go figure) I never had them before I had a reaction to them. I ate a double decker taco from taco bell while sitting in a parking lot to go inside a movie theater. While in there my lips started tingling and When we left I went to the bathroom to look at them. My lips looked like the Worst Botox Job on the face of this earth! Joan Rivers had nothing on me lol. They were a few inches big. I was rushed to the hospital. Since I was so young probley 8ish at the time I was extremely shy, embarrassed beyond words. The nurse (Ill never forget was so kind she gave me some goofy looking  glasses to wear and told me it was a disguise so no one would notice. Years later Im good with beans now.. Weird.
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2013, 06:19:23 PM »
 :iconclap: Getting closer!!   :yippee:

:dance2:  :dance2:  :dance2:  :dance2: :dance2:  :dance2:  :dance2:

:frolic:  :frolic:  :frolic:  :frolic:  :frolic:  :frolic:  :frolic:  :frolic:  :frolic:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal