collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MH Confessions Thread - Reloaded!  (Read 3910 times)

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
Re: MH Confessions Thread - Reloaded!
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2013, 09:38:52 AM »
…..
-I started collecting in October- I have 30+ dolls I think
-I have bought dolls with bill money. but never so much to where it was a real problem just got put off a couple days.
-I have calculated how much my hubby has spent so I can justify my spending habits.
-I have hidden dolls away in my trunk for a few weeks so it looks like I spaced out my purchases, when in fact I just found a doll that I had to have (and never saw again)
-Everyday my husband asks me “so what’d ya buy?” he doesn’t even look at the bank account any more he just traps me into telling him. Lol
-I feel the need to buy every boy doll I see, even though I know others are looking for them (kids)
-I got my step-daughter into MH just so I could justify buying more, and the DVD’s.
-I look at dolls while at work, and I go on the arena, when I have work or school work to do…
-I had special shelves built by my hubby just for my dolls…hehe..
-I will just stand and look at my dolls and kinda space out… and fix positioning/ hair as needed.
-I play with my dolls more than my daughters do.
-I go doll hunting even if I have NO money at all. I mostly go at lunch when no one can stop me 
-My parents know about my dolls and listen to my rambleings (its normal to them) but my mother in law is really bad at white lies and says oh that’s nice while giving me this look like I collect devil figures lol. She collects antiques I collect toys that in 20 years will be antiques I really don’t see the problem. LMAO.
-Guilty as charged! LOL

JustHereForPictures

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2013, 10:18:24 AM »
- I want to customise my werewolf but I'm terrified that she'll look horrible and that I will have ruined her.

Do it! You can always decide you hate it later and redo the face or sneak to the sales thread and offer her as a bait for trade. Lots of people like her for customs.
And if end comes to end she was a $10 doll.

I've gathered my courage and I'm going to. I bought a cheap Barbie to practice on and I don't have any sealant but I have acrylics and a teeny brush.

At least the MH dolls don't have teeth like Barbie.

And a confession

- I passed up a Sig. Operetta but I'm probably going to go and get her tomorrow.

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2013, 11:03:30 AM »
* I don't buy myself new clothes anymore... that money goes to dolls instead!!
Haha! *Guilty* I really need some new work pants. I went to the store and spent the money on a LaDeeDa dress for a MH doll instead. :lookround:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2013, 11:21:25 AM »
Woo customs! Also, I remembered another confession too.

~My first reaction to Alice in Virtue's Last Reward was I need to dress Nefera as her. And I have searched for reference pictures to help me do this.

~I own 3 Scaris Deuces, because I have seen three, and still want to try customizing one of them even though I know I can wait and sell him for double what I paid ($10) later.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2013, 11:24:39 AM »
Woo customs! Also, I remembered another confession too.

~I own 3 Scaris Deuces, because I have seen three, and still want to try customizing one of them even though I know I can wait and sell him for double what I paid ($10) later.

I have a werewolf character already so she's going to be her. I just need a blonde wig and/or blonde rehairing.

Don't encourage me. I've seen a second Scaris Deuce and I'm really tempted to buy him and hide him and sell him in a year.

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2013, 11:56:16 AM »
- I have only been collecting MH for a year (though I've been ogling them ever since they first came out), but I have lost track of how many dolls are in my collection, as I have no place to display them.

- My husband does not know about some of the dolls I've bought, and I've also told him that some of them were cheaper than they really were, because I'm afraid he'll stop being supportive of my collecting.

- I feel quite guilty about how much money I've spent on dolls this past year, because I am unemployed and we are definitely on the poor side; I keep buying them though, because they make me happy and not much does these days.

- I have not told my mother that I collect MH dolls, even though she has boxes of MH stuff that's been delivered to her house for me (she's in the States, I'm in Canada) - I've led her to believe my interest in the dolls is purely artistic and/or that I'm hoping to make money with them. 

- I have plans for at least 10 different custom dolls and have 5 different customizing projects that I've started, but I spend more time looking at MH stuff online than I do actually working on my own customs.  This makes me feel especially guilty as I am a professional artist and am supposed to be working on stuff for my portfolio while I am unemployed.

- I am 33 years old and married, but sometimes I play with my MH dolls like I'm a little kid.  I don't feel guilty about that part at all.

SajiNoKami

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2013, 12:11:16 PM »
- Have about 30 regulars, 5 completed CAMs, and a pile of parts to make 6 more
- Try to hold out to buy the cheapest versions: thin box, on sale, etc.
- Now a good pair of shoes will make or break if I buy a doll
- I wish more of the dolls were softer on the make-up
- Love the concept of Spectra, still have not found one to spend money on.
- I am older than I should be.
- Have doubles of Catrine and Deuce, in case I ruin the first ones.
- bought Scaris Abbey only to complete the set
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:37:59 PM by SajiNoKami »

Poney M

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2013, 06:42:57 PM »
- Like others have said, I have lied about who I'm giving the doll to. I know it shouldn't matter, but sometimes I feel the cashier's judgy eyes and I have to throw a "this is for my sister" line in there. This is the same with ponies as well.

Haha, the cashiers always ask me if I want the dolls in gift wrap. I just chuckle to myself and reply with a very awkward "ehm, no thanks"  >_< I don't actually lie, but it's not like I want to say it's for me, either  :lol:

My confession is that I buy dolls and don't tell my fiance about it. I go shopping for them when he's not at home, or order them online so he's at work when they arrive. I'm a bad person   :blush: (It's my own money, but I'm not working at the moment so I should be using it to food and bills and stuff.)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 06:48:16 PM by Poney M »

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2013, 08:05:23 PM »
I confess:

* I recently spent about 5 solid hours sprucing up and photographing my entire collection. That's five hours I'll never get back, when I should have been working... but oh, it was SO fun!!!

* I just bought another doggone skeleton CAM which I don't need.. just because I like her whiteness, compared to Skelita's cream-colored bones.

* And I just bought yet another (this makes #3) Spectra fashion pack... because that gorgeous purple one-sleeved dress is just amazing, and it looks good on ALL the ghouls!!

See??

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 08:07:28 PM by Kalavista »

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2013, 08:40:57 PM »
Oh confessions? Hmm.. well
-I have become addicted to rehairing. I've done 6 dolls in less then 1 month and now everytime I look at my other dolls in my collection I secretly ask myself what other colors they would look good in. I also have debated removing different dolls from my collection just to rehair them..

-I have so many dolls that come in (and out.. sometimes) of my collection that I don't even have a count anymore.

-My 3 year old daughter is obsessed with MH now thanks to me. She wants MH everything. She also knows the name to every doll, which shoes each doll wears, who's dating who and so on..

-I got the phrase "freaky fabulous" and MH skulls tattooed on my knuckles. Yes, I love monster high a lot, and I love the phrase. I'm also debating getting a MH leg sleeve done too.

-I have gone through numerous phases where I try to sell whatever I can quickly to buy more dolls then get mad at myself when I'm not saving the money for specific dolls coming out.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Shahaila

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2013, 09:38:43 AM »
SweetScoops, I spoil some of my dolls too! My first doll was Lagoona and I think she has the most outfits out of anyone. But she's really good about sharing her clothes. Abbey and Draculaura have a lot of clothes too but they also have sisters (rehaired in different colors) who share their wardrobes.
ROFLMAO I am guilty of this too.  Skelita is spoiled rotten and 95% of clothes I buy are for/or end up being hers LOL.  She will share some things, but others she will not share.  Funny enough though she gave her signature outfit to Venus, and her signature shoes to SS Ghoulia.  Guess she was tired of wearing it LOL.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2013, 09:48:18 AM »

-My 3 year old daughter is obsessed with MH now thanks to me. She wants MH everything. She also knows the name to every doll, which shoes each doll wears, who's dating who and so on..

-I have gone through numerous phases where I try to sell whatever I can quickly to buy more dolls then get mad at myself when I'm not saving the money for specific dolls coming out.

^^ These  :lol:

My 2 year old knows most of the names... although she is smitten with the boys... "Mama.. Clawd? Deucy!! Holt? Gil (pronounced Gi-wl, ya know like a 2 year old who cant pronounce L's)

operaghost

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2013, 09:59:38 AM »
I've got another one... I know the "Fright Song" by heart, and sometimes I sing it in the shower  ;).

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2013, 12:36:24 PM »
Every time I say "no more dolls until summer (when new collections and characters will be released)" I end up getting something anyway.

Also, I got the 4 deluxe pack recently out of pure excitement, and then one of the kids make me realized that 3 of the outfits were for her some of her dolls characters and one for one of mines. And none for my other kid. We have a shared collection so that we have no duplicated characters (except for my Ghoulias which are the only dolls that are really mine, and Cleo and Draculaura that came with the boys) and I should've noted that, but I just thought MH Clothes! yeeeeey!!

So i quickly ordered the fashion packs from scaris that after reviewing and confirming, I know will be mostly for the one that got none.

I mean, all the dolls can share clothes, but they do look more accordingly in the fashion thought especially for them.

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2013, 09:40:29 PM »
I ship Deuce and Rochelle. And even though I have a Cleo I don't care.  :P

I would wear half the shoes and outfits they have come out with. I'd love to have the tombstone dress that comes with Ghoulia's fashion pack.

Cleo is my least favorite doll. She just isn't monsterish enough for me and the diamond beauty mark drives me bonkers for no explicable reason. 

If you told me 2 years ago that I would have over 30 dolls in my room and planing on getting many more I wouldn't have believed you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal