collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Howleen hands problem  (Read 1148 times)

aroa678

• Trade Count: (0)
Howleen hands problem
« on: April 04, 2013, 05:17:01 AM »
Hi! yesterday I bought a dance class Howleen and when I saw her hands...  :cry:
Look at them:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

They were wrapped too tight with the transparent band at factory and they look awful now...
I want to ask if is a fixable problem? Or it´s better to return the doll to change it?

Shahaila

Re: Howleen hands problem
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 06:02:28 AM »
I am so sorry, how dissapointing for you!!!  If the Store had other Howleen's that looked good to you, then I would exchange her.  If you want to keep the doll you picked out, you might try contacting Matel and see if you can send them some pictures and see if they send you some hands to replace those.  Good luck!

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 06:28:27 AM »
Before returning her, try sticking her hands in almost boiling water and letting them sit for a little while.  Sometimes hot water can work wonders!

Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

aroa678

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 08:46:09 AM »
Thank you Shahalia and Airiel
I´m not sure if they will have Howleen in shelves for a log time, I remember just 2 more of her and maybe when I can go back to store they will be sold.

I´ll try what Airiel says, I was thinking of that too, but I just want to ask before doing something and maybe ruin the hands >_<

I´m curious how soft are they compared with Howleen´s signature. It is normal? Dance class Howleen have soft plastic hands?

« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 08:49:23 AM by aroa678 »

Dorriebelle

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 11:07:56 AM »
Thank you Shahalia and Airiel
I´m not sure if they will have Howleen in shelves for a log time, I remember just 2 more of her and maybe when I can go back to store they will be sold.

I´ll try what Airiel says, I was thinking of that too, but I just want to ask before doing something and maybe ruin the hands >_<

I´m curious how soft are they compared with Howleen´s signature. It is normal? Dance class Howleen have soft plastic hands?

My DC Howleen has *very* soft hands, I was surprised they weren't damaged by the packaging. Not sure if Sister-pack Howleen's are the same, I don't have her.

Seconding on the boiling water - I've reshaped Ken hands that way, maybe these will reform better after a brief dip and an overnight. If that doesn't work, then a call to Mattel. I actually winced, seeing how Aroa678's poor Howleen looked. Good luck, hon !

Shahaila

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 11:15:29 AM »
My DC Howleen has *very* soft hands, I was surprised they weren't damaged by the packaging. Not sure if Sister-pack Howleen's are the same, I don't have her.

Seconding on the boiling water - I've reshaped Ken hands that way, maybe these will reform better after a brief dip and an overnight. If that doesn't work, then a call to Mattel. I actually winced, seeing how Aroa678's poor Howleen looked. Good luck, hon !
Same here about both my Howleen having very soft hands and winicing when I saw the hands of Aroa's poor doll.  Aroa, I really really hope the hot water works for you!

aroa678

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 02:43:08 PM »
Dorriebelle and Shahaila, thank you for the sympathy. I still have to try boiling her hands, but I´m scared that it may melt or ruin, they are sooo soft...  :(
I will try when I feel brave enough, I think...

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 03:27:10 PM »
use the hot water!! It will work! One of my other dolls had their hand looking like a tootsie roll from the rubber band, after putting it in boiling hot water, it formed back to it's original shape!!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 12:40:30 PM »
I had the same problem with DT Ghoula and Sig Robecca. Boiled a kettle of water and ran the water over their hands.... Good as new :)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 12:48:40 PM »
what a shame!
as otehrs have said, try the hot water, but honestly, Mattel is so good about replacing dolls, I would go ahead and email them with your pictures and I'd bet dollars to donuts that they'd replace her for you free of charge

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 01:19:40 PM »
what a shame!
as otehrs have said, try the hot water, but honestly, Mattel is so good about replacing dolls, I would go ahead and email them with your pictures and I'd bet dollars to donuts that they'd replace her for you free of charge

I would just fix her if you can. There is no sense in having them send out another doll if a minor issue like this can be fixed. If we keep abusing the system, then it won't be there for us when we seriously need it.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 01:32:05 PM »
Actually, if it's just a problem with the hands, they may just send out a new pair. I had a Clawdeen that was missing the waist clip from her stand and they sent a new stand right out when I contacted them about it. If the parts are available on their own, they usually opt to just go this route without replacing the entire doll.

That being said, I also back what's been said about trying hot water. I've used it to reshape all kinds of plastic collectibles and accessories without damaging them, it really works wonders. I also regularly use hot water to loosen up the hands (some being soft plastic) on MH dolls before pulling them off and it's never melted them. Really hot water from the tap may even be enough if you're worried about using boiled water.

Good luck aroa678! :) I hope you can fix her.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 01:34:51 PM by Mandy85 »

Pony_Mommy

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 02:01:29 PM »
I usually put a coffee mug in the microwave with water in it for 4-5 minutes and that is usually hot enough to do whatever you need the boiling water for.

aroa678

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 04:27:11 PM »
Thanks a lot everybody for the advice, gives me courage to do it. I will try it tomorrow if I have time, and I´ll tell you the results!

Thank you! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal