collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you go to any other message boards for your MH news/fix?  (Read 3403 times)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do you go to any other message boards for your MH news/fix?
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2013, 10:06:30 AM »
My username. That was my original reason for joining. Friends kept linking to custom threads with pretty customs and I couldn't see them without an account.
I do often find it ironic when you post something sometimes JHFP, to be honest, *snickers*, but I'm glad you joined in on the convo  ;)

JustHereForPictures

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2013, 10:16:51 AM »
My username. That was my original reason for joining. Friends kept linking to custom threads with pretty customs and I couldn't see them without an account.
I do often find it ironic when you post something sometimes JHFP, to be honest, *snickers*, but I'm glad you joined in on the convo  ;)

I'm glad I amuse you  ;)

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2013, 10:34:32 AM »
I think you're the perfect example of how this forum is terrible, Pictures. We're sweet and nice and make you feel at home, and then the next thing you know you're staring at you bank account wondering where all the monies have gone.
MLPArena: We tempt you with kindness.
He who serves two masters lies to one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Shahaila

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2013, 10:39:42 AM »
We should have our own convention :lol:
You may laugh but from what I have seen of the community we have all the makings for an amazingly fun and interesting convention.  I wouild imagine it to have things like this:
- Various exhibits such as doll photos (I am talking really large photos) form member submissions, custom dolls, original clothing lines created by members, fan art, fan stories.
- Workshops on customization for various levels of expertise (members from here could offer a lot of those LOL).
- An interactive workshop that helps you learn to tap into your inner artist.
- Area to view the webisodes on large screens, etc.
- Special workshops in doll painting, re-hairing, wig making, face-ups, etc.
- Vendors:  Matel (yeah!!!!), art suppliers, doll maker suppliers, etc.
- Round Tables for various types of discussions.
- Guest speakers (people in the know to tell us more about releases, design, etc).
- A party that would encourage but not mandate for people to Cosplay.

I am telling you we could have a ton of fun!!!!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2013, 11:50:31 AM »
Shahaila: We could also have a charity auction, an ANTM live event and we could blackmail Garrett Sander to show up, too XD

Shahaila

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2013, 11:58:06 AM »
Shahaila: We could also have a charity auction, an ANTM live event and we could blackmail Garrett Sander to show up, too XD
I am not into blackmail, so I will leave that part up to you, ok?  :P You know, we could also set up an area where people could bring their dolls and actively trade face to face!

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2013, 12:07:18 PM »
You're forgetting the pre-convention fundraiser to help people to get there.

Obviously you'd have to prove need and provide receipts, but it would help out a few international people.

Shahaila

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2013, 01:12:10 PM »
You're forgetting the pre-convention fundraiser to help people to get there.

Obviously you'd have to prove need and provide receipts, but it would help out a few international people.

LOL and there is that too!  Heck lets just charter a lier jet while we are it  :biggrin:

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2013, 02:17:08 PM »
DoomBunnies: OMG pony maiming sounds so violent! Poor ponies! I find the name Slaughterhouse hilarious and cute on the Arena.

I love the sense of community on the Arena, it's really friendly and fun. People are very helpful and sociable. I was leery at first to start trading, because I'm shy about contacting people personally, but somehow I got over myself and I have traded an bought stuff from people on here and have a few trades still in the makes.

I have to second, or is it third or fourth? everybody who has said that meeting our MH folks in person would be really nice. I have never had this urge on any forum before and I have been here for only two months or something.

I especially like Zapper's avatar, so colourful and fun! Where is it from?

I feel a bit privileged in the sense, that I haven't really gone elsewhere for my MH fix, so I have always enjoyed adult conversation on MH. I have no idea what the alternative is like.

aroa678

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2013, 03:07:52 PM »
I joined long time ago for MLP, but I wasn´t so active before and I even stop buying ponies and had to forget about this hobby because I wanted to concentrate in BJD dolls.
Now, when I fell in love with MH in january, I was searching a forum or any place with info, marketplace, etc.. I registered in two forums but people there were like meh... then I checked the Arena for selling my MLP collection and what a surprise, they have a Monster section and is the most completed that I could find about all; releases, any other useful info, sales and trades...
I felt guilty that MH section is the one I checked on the Arena and I have only one post in MLP sales, but I see I´m not the only one so, maybe not so guilty now. :P

And the most big surprise is people here is so nice and kind.
I´m very glad I re-found this place and it´s full of nice people. ^.^

My only complain is most of sellers doesn´t ship out of USA because shipping is so expensive  :(
I´ll die if you make a MH Con as Shahaila says, that would be awesome! I wish I live there! :shocked:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 03:09:56 PM by aroa678 »

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2013, 04:05:43 PM »
I especially like Zapper's avatar, so colourful and fun! Where is it from?

Aww, thanks!
Sadly I don't know the original source, but several pics of this guy are constantly floating around the web. It's a male model posing as a (rather fetish-y) pastel unicorn. I found him on a tumblr blog that was all about unicorns and thought he looked hot, so I saved the pictures, hehe.

He is the first thing to pop up when you google "unicorn stripper", but I don't know if he's an actual stripper.

He's pretty much my default avatar here, because he's sexy, fun and pastel-y and is sort of related to ponies (I originally signed up here because of MLP). So he embodies lots of good things :lol:

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2013, 05:21:40 PM »
Zapper: Thats funny you just randomly found it....It's actually from the show "Community", I don't watch it, but I saw an article on it awhile ago. If you google "Community Unicorn men" it comes up with lots more images, including a second african american male version of the same outfit

....we now return you to our regularly scheduled topic...

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2013, 05:33:33 PM »
But... it's a different guy and his clothes are wayyy sexier than those cheap glittery underpants.
*currently stares at his... horn* lol okay I'm outta here before the mods need to censor me XD

(Anyone who wants the pics of the unicorn guy can send me a PM, loool)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2013, 05:38:10 PM »
hmmmmm *shrugs* well I guess they got the idea from him or vice versa, but I thought it was cool there were more pics and 2 of them :lol:

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2013, 05:47:35 PM »
Okay, thanks to Nana and Hefty I did research on my unicorn guy and he is indeed a model. I found the homepage of the photographers/models. I can't link to it since it includes adult content. They do high fashion and erotic art photography of both men and women.

Now I can go to sleep in peace without questioning myself who the heck that unicorn guy is  :lol:

Sorry, back to topic! Where were we? ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal