collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Design-a-pony cleaning?  (Read 6085 times)

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
Re: Design-a-pony cleaning?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 11:06:19 AM »
^ I have a question! I was taught in art class not to use acetone nail polish remover on plastic because it might eat away at the material, depending on the plastic  thats why I mentioned the acetone free one. I actually havnt tried it myself, but is it safe on the toy to use it repetitively on plastic any time she wants to re-color her pony with the markers? I understand acetone nail polish remover comes in plastic bottles... I would just hate for her niece's new toy to  get ruined.

Maybe Tiffoes could use acetone one time to remove the marker ink and then use washable paint so she doesnt have to keep removing the ink, just rinse off Fluttershy in the sink! =)

Repeated use of Acetone will degrade the plastic yes.
Using it to remove the markers would be enough.
I would then suggest using only washable paint on the pony. Repeated use of the markers themselves will eventually bleed into the plastic and Stain her making it impossible to remove.
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 11:15:24 AM »
 Thank you! :) I hope this thread helps her out a lot! I def agree on the washable paint!!! Hmmmm paint a pony... sounds funner! Wait, i think they made a ceramic fluttershy you can paint, dunno if it was released or not anywhere.  I saw it on ED somewhere a while ago seemed kinda fun!

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 03:07:11 PM »
Thank you kindly everyone! This thread certainly did help I was kind of at lost and I know exactly what to do now. This is why I love the arena so much~

My little sister said she wanted me to paint her Fluttershy to be accurate and all. But I'll wait for a while, because the one time removal with (pure) acetone + washable paint sounds like a lot more fun for a little kid like her!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 03:10:03 PM by Tiffoes »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 11:52:48 AM »
Thank you! :) I hope this thread helps her out a lot! I def agree on the washable paint!!! Hmmmm paint a pony... sounds funner! Wait, i think they made a ceramic fluttershy you can paint, dunno if it was released or not anywhere.  I saw it on ED somewhere a while ago seemed kinda fun!

It was actually posted here before EQD borrowed the image. There is a ceramic FS available for pre order in the UK but I dont think any one has actually managed to purchase her as yet. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 01:14:18 PM »
^ be careful when ordering that Ceramic Fluttershy.  I just got mine and she's broken into pieces :sad:

So tell the seller you want it packed very safely, even have the original box opened and packed too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal