collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is there a pony you identify with?  (Read 1462 times)

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Is there a pony you identify with?
« on: March 30, 2013, 06:36:29 AM »
Hi Everypony!

I watched my first ever episodes of FiM yesterday and fell in love!!!   :cheer:

I already had the "Mane 6" characters as figurines but had never seen the show! It was amazing to see them moving around, talking and having adventures! I *adore* Applejack's accent and love Pinkie Pie's attitude, but, for me, one Pony really stands out as being my favourite.... and that's Fluttershy!

The reason is that I love wildlife and small forest creatures too! I'm also a bit shy (not as bad as Fluttershy though!) so....my question is this: Is there a pony character from any gen that you really identify with because they have personality traits or interests similar to yours? I'd love to know!  :biggrin:

AJB x

Post Merge: March 30, 2013, 06:38:37 AM

...and Fluttershy has the *cutest* voice ever!!  ;)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 06:38:37 AM by applejackbunny »
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a pony you identify with?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 07:16:18 AM »
G1 Sundance.  She's clumsy, like me.  She tries to help but usually ends up making it worse-- like me.

nollilols

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 07:50:54 AM »
Offhand, definitely Pinkie Pie. I'm not as loud as her outwardly, but her psycho weirdness and polarized personality (this is including Pinkamena) she's basically what the inside of my brain is like lol! To an extent, Starlight and Bright Eyes in Tales, too. I'll have to think about the G1s.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 07:52:33 AM »
I'm Twilight Sparkle in so, so many ways. I love reading, am very introverted, and can be obsessed with organization and planning. If things don't go according to my preset plan, I get upset very easily.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Primrose

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 08:00:27 AM »
I am most like Fluttershy, too! Fluttershy fits me to a t. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 08:45:09 AM »
I've been told I'm either Applejack to the core (hee) or a more mature, academic Rainbow Dash.

So I guess if you took Applejack's family loyalty, Twilight's curiosity, and Rainbow Dash's everything and threw it into a blender, you'd get me. Which means I guess I would be Firefly if I were a G1 pony?

Duster reference]

Eaglefeather

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 08:51:15 AM »
I can identify with Fluttershy as well! All my friends who watch FIM say I match her perfectly. I'm shy, sensitive, love animals, and my voice even sounds like Fluttershy's! And when something bothers me, I come out of my shell. Haha :lol:

CottonTALE

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 09:00:42 AM »
It's a mixture of Applejack and Fluttershy for me. I am shy and I don't deal well with confrontation (Mr.TALE is most like Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle) but when it comes down to it I am strong and family-oriented. Hence why my avatar is a Fluttershy-Applejack cross that I call Appleshy :D

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 09:21:24 AM »
My first ever pony toy was a 7 Tales 'Clover'.
I loved her instantly and when the MLP Tales series began airing here in Sweden I was surprised at how similar we were in personality.

Childish and somewhat superstitious, Clumsy, nervous and often feeling like I was not good enough ( especially compared to others )
Even the luck part was just like me, I was very lucky in games and lotteries, I remember winning plushies at a carnival and have all my friends being annoyed at me for it, so I ended up giving them all away to try and make them happy again ^^;
I also started purposely loosing when playing board games with people just so noone would get mad at me.

I even took ballet lessons as a child ( but I was way too clumsy and ended up quitting after some months. )

This was when I was little though, while I am still quite clumsy and unsure of myself alot has changed since then.

So, moving on to G4

I certainly aspire to being an AppleJack or a Twilight, to get things done and be a supportive/strong friend, but according to my FiancĂ© I am a total Fluttershy  :blush:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:24:12 AM by Sukeile »

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 09:23:44 AM »
Hmmm for G1 ponies I am a mix of Fizzy and Paradise. I have a very energy personality but a love of stories and acting them out. For Tales Melody and Clover its odd. I love music and performing but I have a hard time believing in myself.....I am so not lucky like Clover is though:P

But really if there was ever a pony that was entirely me it would be FiM Pinkie Pie. I am as crazy as she is. I have random ideas, and every time I watch FiM with my husband he says that is so you to about 95% of everything she does. But I have a side of Rarity as I love doing beauty pageants and love for gowns:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 09:24:05 AM »
I feel like a mixture of Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Rarity..

That's probably not a good combination to some extents  :yikes:

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 10:13:11 AM »
Definitely Luna and I really wish we could learn more about her. The 'Halloween' episode really struck a chord with me because I felt so terrible for her. All the ponies assumed she was evil and going to harm them when it wasn't her intention at all. I often feel that there is something about the way I act or look that gives people the assumption that I am going to be mean, and like Luna, it really hurts my feelings. And sometimes it's really hard not to adopt the same attitude Luna did when she essentially said, 'if you refuse to love your princess then you will at least fear her.' Not that I go around making people afraid of me, but after so very long a time of getting the message ingrained into your head that you're this mean, nasty person to be around no matter what you do, it's difficult to not just accept it as she started to. I also feel at times I'm kind of out of touch with others, as she did having to learn what was basically common knowledge to the other ponies. I also love tradition as did she. I'm not a huge stickler for it, but I do get set in my patterns.

To a lesser extent I'm also a bit like Twilight, but that's mostly when it comes to her crazy over obsessive nature about planning, lists and not procrastinating. That episode where she time travels pretty much felt like it was speaking directly to me.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 10:36:59 AM »
I felt so bad for Luna in the Halloween episode, oh gosh. And I don't get why, when Pinkie was so good at reading Ponies in season 1, she thought Luna wouldn't feel bad if Pinkie ran around getting everyone more scared of her. Maybe just because she didn't know Luna well, but when Pinkie had so much common sense before it just didn't make sense for her to make the problem worse.

In G4/FiM, I am definitely a cross between Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy. I love organization (although my organization isn't always the same as other people's, heh) and can be OCD about it sometimes, very introverted, love books, and can be very shy/quiet. And I can get very mad and defensive when something isn't going right for a loved one. I love animals too, although I don't think I could ever care for them the way Fluttershy does. Flutter is such a perfect nurse/caretaker/animal owner!

Also, I definitely have a touch of Rarity in there. I can't stand getting into dirty things. :) I will if I absolutely have to, but that doesn't mean I have to like it!

G1 I'm just starting to get into as far as the show goes, but I adore Wind Whistler. She uses big words and is serious and intelligent and logical. I like to think I'm those things. And in any case I definitely have a big vocabulary.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 10:57:41 AM by Lucky_Ladybug »

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 10:39:59 AM »
Definitely Luna and I really wish we could learn more about her. The 'Halloween' episode really struck a chord with me because I felt so terrible for her. All the ponies assumed she was evil and going to harm them when it wasn't her intention at all. I often feel that there is something about the way I act or look that gives people the assumption that I am going to be mean, and like Luna, it really hurts my feelings. And sometimes it's really hard not to adopt the same attitude Luna did when she essentially said, 'if you refuse to love your princess then you will at least fear her.' Not that I go around making people afraid of me, but after so very long a time of getting the message ingrained into your head that you're this mean, nasty person to be around no matter what you do, it's difficult to not just accept it as she started to. I also feel at times I'm kind of out of touch with others, as she did having to learn what was basically common knowledge to the other ponies. I also love tradition as did she. I'm not a huge stickler for it, but I do get set in my patterns.

To a lesser extent I'm also a bit like Twilight, but that's mostly when it comes to her crazy over obsessive nature about planning, lists and not procrastinating. That episode where she time travels pretty much felt like it was speaking directly to me.

Gosh InkyMilk, I'm so sorry to hear that people treat you that way and that you feel so misunderstood  :(

Hopefully, on here you feel at home and you can open up and be yourself without judgement or fear of what others think.

I certainly was interested to hear your story and am glad you felt able to share it and explain it through your identification with Luna! I don't know you but you don't sound mean at all, you sound very articulate and in touch with who you are - it's just others who have a problem! We all love you (and Luna too)! :)

Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 10:43:15 AM »
When I was really little and watched the original series, I related a lot to Firefly's spunky, energetic personality. I used to get in trouble a lot as a kid because i had so much energy and enthusiasm (not in the same way as pinkie-pie, I wasn't as "happy", just energetic and a little bossy/sassy lol)

I also -adored- Shady. I related to her personally as well, but I also wanted her to be my best friend. XD (And of course, Wind Whistler- was another big favorite).

. However, on the inside I felt (and now I have grown out of being crazy energetic, so I mostly act like) Fluttershy from G4. Animals are my passion as well as art, sensitive, and I can be extremely shy/nervous about social settings, but  i make it my goals to be as nice as possible to people.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 10:45:01 AM by StarDragon »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal