collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ack! Decisions are TOUGH! ( a brag)  (Read 313 times)

Ianthe99

• Trade Count: (0)
Ack! Decisions are TOUGH! ( a brag)
« on: March 28, 2013, 03:47:41 PM »
So.. I know I don't post over here much.. but I collect Monster High too.. mostly only when i find them second hand though, cause we're fairly broke most of the time. So today at a thrift store, I found 10 dolls! All intact with most of their outfits, shoes and jewelry. We only have about $50 to our names till next Thursday, and I'm on vacation next week.. so we need *some* money in case we want to do anything. They were $4.94 a piece. My super wonderful sweetie told me to pick 4. .. but there was also a bag with some g1 MLP accessories for $1.91.. so I got 3 and the MLP stuff. OMG, it's kind of killing me that I had to leave 7 of them behind!  If I remember right there was

School's Out Cleo
Gloom Beach Cleo
Gloom Beach Draculaura
Gloom beach Ghoulia
Scary Tales Frankie
Sweet 1600 Clawdeen
Gloom Beach Clawdeen
Operetta (the original one)
Abbey (same)
Nefera de Nile

I didn't have ANY of them.. but could only choose 3.. so I got Operetta, Abby and Nefera. It's killing me that I had to leave so many behind.. but I still got some good ones!

I'm currently fixing Operetta's hair back to the victory rolls. She's missing her mask.. but that's ok. She's still so neat! No one had their pets.

Did I choose well?

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ack! Decisions are TOUGH! ( a brag)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 04:45:02 PM »
I think you chose three beautiful girls! And they're all so different from each other, so they'll help diversify your collection. :) Those are like, my favorite versions of Operetta and Abbey, and the only version of Nefera, who is nonetheless awesome. Congrats on the dolly luck! (Even though of course it was hard to leave the others there.)

Ianthe99

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 04:52:14 PM »
Thanks! They were my three favorites!  Especially Operetta. I have always loved the psychobilly look.. and victory rolls!

I just hope some lucky collector found the others!

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 05:08:18 PM »
That is too bad you could only get three, but I am so glad you chose Nefra, she is one I want.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Ianthe99

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 05:16:56 PM »
Thanks!

Yeah.. i totally wanted Nefera when she was in the stores.. Love Egyptian things.. I even have a bast tattoo! I've got her sister from the DOTD line.. but she's missing her forearms and hands. (And I'm too cheap to pay $7 to get replacements. :-P)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 02:19:25 PM »
Nefera was a great choice!  She is so expensive right now!  I'm ALWAYS looking for Neferas, I like her body size for hybrids I make ;)  If you need extra money, and aren't too attached to her, you could easily sell her for lots of money.  I'm not sure how much, but I know at least 3 people here looking for her!  She was a very good investment:)

You're so lucky to find MH at a resale shop.  I can't find any sort of doll there, let alone the dolls I collect.  Send some of that luck my way ^.^
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

shivvy

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 08:30:14 PM »
Oh wow, what a horrible choice to have to make! I think you made good picks, but let us never forget the dolls that were left behind :cry:

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 04:41:44 AM »
Sig Operetta is one of my all time favorites! And I don't have her yet, because of... well, reasons! After my no dolls this month ban is lifted, she's the first one I'm getting.

You had to make a wicked difficult choice, but I think you went with three fabulous dolls. I love sig Abbie, she is one of my faves on the webisodes. Maybe the dolls will still be there when you go back next time, you never know.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal