collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Roller Maze Line  (Read 887 times)

Shahaila

• Trade Count: (0)
Roller Maze Line
« on: March 28, 2013, 09:04:36 AM »
I am new here so I apologize if there was already a thread on this way back when.  Anyways, I noticed in a couple of threads that people seem to not care for much for the Roller Maze line.  I love it, it is that line that actually got me away from only collecting Ghoulias.  Some of the things people noted they disliked about the line are things that really drew me to it (outfits and skates).  I find them sporty and edgy and they make a cool looking display when set up like a team (sorry do not have a way to post photos or would include one).  My only complaint (after watching the RM online video) was that they have not made a RM Draculara ... she was such a huge and endearing part fo the show.  It really does not make sense to me that they would release Abbey as a single (and missing her pretty shiny hair) instead of introducing Lala with Clawdeen.  This also would have been the perfect line to do a Lala/Clawd combo pack.

I would just really to hear your opinions and comments on the RM line.

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Roller Maze Line
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:31:55 AM »
I like the Roller Maze line, but they're hard to justify spending money on, to me.  They are pretty cool (and I've loved the idea of MH roller derby from the start), but the RM outfits and accessories can't really be mixed and matched to make new outfits with other dolls and stuff, and to me that means I won't get as much play out of the money I'm spending.  Plus, Lagoona, Operetta, and Ghoulia's outfits all need some alterations before I'd be completely happy with them.

So far the only RM doll I've felt compelled to buy new is Clawdeen.  She's the best Clawdeen they've put out, imo - her face is so soft and pretty, and her whole outfit is the best of the RM line. 

The rest of the RM dolls are ones that I always pick up and look at in the store and get tempted by, but can't justify spending $20 on; they just don't feel as special somehow.  If I could get them for USA prices, I might feel differently though.

I totally agree with you about Draculaura though, especically the missed opportunity for a Clawd/Lala two-pack.  After watching the special on youtube, I'm actually really surprised they didn't make any boy RM dolls, especially Clawd. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 09:38:30 AM by Aeryala »

operaghost

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 09:42:09 AM »
I have RM Ghoulia and Frankie. They're cute!  ^.^ I think RM Lagoona is pretty, too, but I love my SS Lagoona too much, and don't want another doll of her.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 09:50:21 AM »
I was "meh" on the RM line, but I love that version of Frankie. I currently have her in the dress, but with the shoes from 1600.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 10:00:31 AM »
I have them all MIB but I havent been able to justify buying them to take OOB... Maybe when I get more of an income... but not now ;)

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 10:06:52 AM »
I personally only like Abby and Clawdeen enough to buy them since I only have so much space! But if they release a Lala (they better!) I would jump on it. Same with any boy they decide to spring on us.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 10:12:40 AM »
I like all the dolls in the Roller Maze line! The neon green streaks are so cute and overall it's a very fun and colorful line that also tells little girls that it's okay to be active and do sports. The movie was pretty great, too :D

As far as individual dolls, I love what they did with Lagoona's hair, just wish they'd saved the idea for a doll that you aren't supposed to cram a helmet on xD

Offline keylimepony

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 10:16:16 AM »
I don't own any of them but I think Clawdeen, Lagoona, and Abbey are really fun.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Dorriebelle

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 10:24:24 AM »
I love it, too ! I have all but Abbey (snagged her skates for my Sig, though) and Clawdeen (can't find her) - and I've bought about four more pair of skates online and from the sales page here. Was a huge skater back in the days of roller-disco, so I loved having wheels for so many of my MH ghouls. Hoping to score at least a pair of Clawdeen skates soon, and it'd be so awesome if RM DracuLaura and Cleo were made available. Heck,  I wish RM Clawd, Deuce, and Heath were sold, too ! I'd make Heath his own set of pompoms !

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 11:24:54 AM »
I love chartreuse, so I adore all the neon streaks in the girl's hair. This is actually the first doll line I've bought the entire set of. I blame that Abbey originally came with ghoulia, so I had to get her. Now I have both versions of Abbey, and think about redressing one of them. I just don't know which....

So far, all of my friends who've seen the dolls have giggled at the actually rolling wheels, which is my favorite detail in them.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 11:32:23 AM »
It's hard to not love Ghoulia's brain helmet!

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 11:32:50 AM »
i LOVE the RM line (I have Ghoulia, Frankie and Clawdeen....and I have Lagoona, but she is getting new hair)

the neon accents and the green hair are what appealed to me about the line. Especially Frankie and Clawdeen!
Ghoulia I had to have *must have all Ghoulias* that brain helmet = :heart:

Offline Aeryala

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 11:52:17 AM »
I like all the dolls in the Roller Maze line! The neon green streaks are so cute and overall it's a very fun and colorful line that also tells little girls that it's okay to be active and do sports. The movie was pretty great, too :D

You have a good point here - most of the rest of the MH lines are fashion or party dolls, and it's nice to have a more active, sporty line.  The movie was really feministy too, which I appreciate; it's a great message for little girls.

It's hard to not love Ghoulia's brain helmet!
That was my first thought when I initially saw the photos online of the RM dolls (OMG brain helmet!! *squeee*) - however, her helmet is not actually sculpted like a brain (and if there's anything they consistently get right on MH, it's the sculpts).  I think it is just supposed to be like goo or something, along the same lines as the heels on her skates.  Disappointing.

So far, all of my friends who've seen the dolls have giggled at the actually rolling wheels, which is my favorite detail in them.
The details are one of the best things about MH dolls - the fact that anytime something has wheels they are actually functional, is really cool.

Refuse to Dance

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 12:04:08 PM »
My RM Clawdeen got a hair chop and a lip repaint in black.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:18:57 PM by Refuse to Dance »

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 12:58:53 PM »
I LOVE the RM line, I was excited for it WAY before it came out because I'm a huge fan of Roller derby and have several friends who actually race. I even got one of them a Ghoulia as a present even tho she doesn't even collect toys or dolls and she loved it too!

Sometimes I don't know how i feel about the green streaks in all the hair tho. I don't like it as much in Abbey's hair, but everyone else its pretty cool

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal