collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Not growing attached?  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Blythe plastic surgeon =^-^=
    • View Profile
Re: Not growing attached?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 08:28:19 AM »
Mostly I don't have this problem, I also bond with them when I wash them and style their hair ^^. I also have quite a few that I wasn't specifically after that I really love. I either got them in a lot or just got them because I was buying something else from a seller anyway, some were freebees I got with other stuff I bought. I have only felt regret about a few that have nasty frizz in their hair that I can't get rid of. Also it has always bugged me that the Tex I overpaid for turned out to be nearly completely covered in pindot and his plastic is too hard to get it all off :(.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Blythe customising blog, commissions open: http://beesdreamland.com/

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 08:30:18 AM »
Nailed it! Exactly how I feel.

This is why I buy dirty and less than perfect ponies... the cleaning/styling is almost like a bonding process for me, I spend all that time on them, and get to know all their highlights and their flaws, it's almost like a personality. I much prefer ponies I've fixed up to those I've bought minty.

You stole the words right out of my mouth. That's exactly what how I feel!

Me too!

Same here

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 08:37:37 AM »
Most of my ponies no matter if I get them from a swap,a trade, or buy they all get washed. They all get bonded with. So I don't really feel not attached to them. I am a love all most ponies person. :)

I wash them all, too ! :D I love doing it~

nollilols

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 08:39:37 AM »
Yeah I wash them all too. I find I get more attached to them by styling them in my own way. And also buying ribbons. I love buying ribbons for them. I really want to get a tartan ribbon for my Merry Treat :D I also just finished styling the hair on a couple of ponies. I'm really attached to all of them now, except Magic Star, who may have to go again.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 08:58:47 AM »
This is why I buy dirty and less than perfect ponies... the cleaning/styling is almost like a bonding process for me, I spend all that time on them, and get to know all their highlights and their flaws, it's almost like a personality. I much prefer ponies I've fixed up to those I've bought minty.

This is what I do, too!  I love making them feel like they are part of the family.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 11:26:55 AM »
That's happened to me too. :(    On the other hand, sometimes I fall in love with ponies I never expected to.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2013, 11:32:36 AM »
That's happened to me too. :(    On the other hand, sometimes I fall in love with ponies I never expected to.

this

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2013, 11:54:15 AM »
Cleaning them up usually helps a lot :) or styling there hair.  A lot of times if I'm still not bonding with someone I will try and think up a personality for them, and a short back story. Who in my herd do they like and why? are they jealous of anyone? siblings? friends? have a crush on anyone? once I have a personalty in mind I style them accordingly and give them a few accessories. Normally by the time I'm done with all that I've grown quite fond of the pony XD

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2013, 12:15:28 PM »
I havent felt that way over any G1s that I have ever purchased. But I will admit there are a couple of G4s who after the initial purchase I just havent been as crazy about.

There are a lot of ponies out there when you factor in all the generations, I think its perfectly understandable we will have favourites and those we perhaps dont appreciate as much.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SeaStar777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2013, 05:08:52 PM »

This is why I go through and introduce all my new ponies into my herd with a spa day. Washing them and fixing any issues allows me to really bond with them!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal