collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: CA Cupid Hair? SUCCESS UPDATE! Also show me your Cupids!  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
Re: CA Cupid Hair? SUCCESS UPDATE! Also show me your Cupids!
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 02:17:23 PM »
I destroyed my Cupid's hair by trying to "fix it".  Yours is divine though!! Perfect curls!

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 05:03:03 PM »
Styling my first Cupid was a nightmare!  It was a 1600 Cupid so the hair was covered in gel and had the one curl at the bottom of her hair.  I wanted to wash the gel out and set the curl back in.

I failed, badly!  The curl looked so bad, and the heart got washed out.  There was also a flaw in her vinyl so I just HAD to get another.

The second time around (also a 1600) a wet her hair alittle and ran a comb through it.  The I finger styled the hair the way I liked and let the watered down gel harden back into place.  I left the heart alone this time because I knew I'd never get it back into shape.

I *think* the 1600s have a more defined heart shape than the Sigs.  I'm not sure how I'd make a Sig's heart behave :wonder:  I like the wire idea.  I'd probably try that.

Ack! Glue hair is the worst! So sorry to hear about your first girl! I wish Mattel wouldn't glue some of the Ghoul's hair down. I think I would like Cleo's dolls a lot more, if her hair wasn't constantly formed into one solid mass! I mean, what does that even accomplish? Even short hair should lay flat without much problem.
:/

Glad your second Cupid turned out better though!

Thanks:)  Yours looks great!  Almost makes me want a "show-accurate" Cupid, but I already have 3(!) and that is plenty!  Maybe I'll give it a try with my Sig.  It'll give her purpose:)  I'm STILL upset at Mattel for re-releasing her with a diary that SHOULD have been included with the 1600 doll :mad:  Maybe having a girl as cute as yours will ease the anger :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 08:26:39 PM »
my Cupid's hair .....

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

tho right now she is in the process of a rehair....cause all the styling for the ANTM contest started the glue seepage issues....and its just a sexy mess now....so we are doing some pink mohair....its going to be amazing!

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 02:07:59 PM »
How difficult is it to make a mohair wig?  I've been thinking about googling it to see what I can find.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal