collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: show me your paint storage  (Read 1220 times)

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: show me your paint storage
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 10:33:11 PM »
My desk looks a lot like yours Hanna except that I have really no organization at all XD
I did pick up some different sized containers this weekend that were on sale so I can start to organize my crafty stuff. Right now it's kind of all over. I have a round card table for my sewing machine and that stuff, then a large L shaped desk where the paint and such is. I really need a new desk, mine was just what was in the room from when it was an office. I am more than happy to actually have my own room for projects though!

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 11:30:14 PM »
I box everything up :D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also my baits and hair is boxed up lol
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 05:09:40 AM »
Oh, coinop, that's no mess. Here's the mess I'm working in right now.
I snapped my picture right after my husband had cleaned up the whole desk, so it's all nice and clean.  At the moment, it's a mess again.  I was also given explicit directions that I was not to test out paint on the desk anymore, because he's a partypooper.

Pony_Mommy

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 05:39:41 AM »
My paint storage was handcrafted by my husband's late uncle. All of our paints are not currently out because we just moved into this house 4 months ago and still havent finished unpacking and setting up and haven't done too much customizing since we have been in the new house. The little black things on the side hold odds and ends and are screw organization drawers. All of our baits are in the desk.

Also if you look close into the window on the right you can see a sneak peek into our collection room which I will be posting pics of in the coming weeks.

Offline PhyllieBean

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • an apparent glutton for dramaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 07:16:24 AM »
I finally got the third bedroom of my house back so I'm moving part of my studio into there (I was using my 3 season porch, but it's only good for THREE SEASONS!).  I've had my paints in little desktop drawers from Ikea forever, because I like them to be right there while I'm working.  But since I'll be swapping between rooms now I need something portable.  So now I've got a nice collection of old ammunition cases (welcome to the south!).  They're nice and sturdy, weatherproof and just the right size.  Plus cool looking.  I'll probably get something like CoinOp's CD tower for the inside desk eventually, but the ammo cases look like they'll work pretty well in the meantime.

BTW @CoinOp, get yourself some glass girl!  I have a big ol' piece of glass from an old table top on my desk.  It's the best palate AND I don't have to test colors on my desk!  And it's super easy to clean.  When the paint is dry just peel it off or scrape it away with a razor.  My desk is black, so I keep some white paper underneath part of the glass, that way I can test colors to see what they'll look like against both dark and light backgrounds.  It's DA BOMB YO!

Now I'm dying to see everyone's workspaces!  *off to start new thread*

Persona designed by Winged Fantasy with updated symbol by Pop-Girl (check my fancy av!)  Thanks ladies!

keikokukien

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 08:03:10 AM »
Right now, I can only work from my  tiny bed room. My desk is a fold away food tray with a kitchen cutting board found at a garage sale and a green plastic organizer tote for paint....and a Subway kids lunch bag with Brave on it holds my hair right now...*ashamed* One day, I will have my own collection room again...One day!

Offline PhyllieBean

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • an apparent glutton for dramaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 08:26:40 AM »
Right now, I can only work from my  tiny bed room. My desk is a fold away food tray with a kitchen cutting board found at a garage sale and a green plastic organizer tote for paint....and a Subway kids lunch bag with Brave on it holds my hair right now...*ashamed* One day, I will have my own collection room again...One day!

No shame there!  For the longest time my workspace was nothing more than my lap!  And a pile of supplies on half the sofa...

The extra room I have now will eventually become the actual collection room, but it's going to cost me quite a bit to do it the way I want.  So I figured it would be used better for working for now, at least until I've saved up enough to start building my display cabinets.   

Persona designed by Winged Fantasy with updated symbol by Pop-Girl (check my fancy av!)  Thanks ladies!

Offline JoshsPonyPrincess

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 10:49:58 AM »
Please pardon my mess - I am in the middle of completely cleaning my studio room  :biggrin: and still trying to work on things  :cry:

I don't loyally store paint in just one type of thing as I own too many different types :) I admit I am a paint hoarder LOL

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 09:28:25 PM »
Mine are all over the place at the moment, but they WERE in colour order in a low under the bed clear storage container, but everytime I took what I needed out, I just never put it back again so there on the table, in the cupboard, on the bench, and ones ive not used since sorting them, are still in that container lol!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 03:41:38 PM »
I keep all of my paint in this tote that says MLP on it. I like to bring it downstairs after my toddler goes to bed since my pony room is next to his room. I have more than paint in there too. I have everything I need!

And then in the smaller bag is all of my hair and rehairing supplies. And my doodle book. :P

Here's a view of both.

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 03:52:44 PM »
Those are so adorable Lady Satine - Love it!

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 05:02:25 PM »
I miss the days of having a whole room for ponies and crafts....some day i will have that back
I am sorta looking for portable....something I can snap the lid on and keep little fingers out....hmmm

JPP your paints....so many paints *drool*

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2013, 05:08:07 PM »
Those are so adorable Lady Satine - Love it!

Thank you! I thought the colors went well with my hot pink room. :P

Jupi, my bags are portable, but they definitely don't keep little fingers out. I think since they're so colorful they tempt fingers lol! :lol:

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 07:12:21 PM »
My paints are all kept in the drawer in the missionary table that serves as my work surface.

Along with other random things that I sometimes use, like make-up sponges, crystals, and such like. The large crystals in the pic are the ones I used for making a baby G1 TE some years back - sitll haven't used the rest of them! XD
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2013, 07:21:33 PM »
Thanks Jupi - I love paint so much - my dickblick wishlist has another like $500 worth on there LOL

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal