collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UK people - Tesco Direct are selling Wave 6 blind bags, not Wave 8  (Read 1269 times)

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
I ordered some blind bags from them thinking they were Wave 8 (the neon ponies) as pictured but they're actually sending out Wave 6 (the wave that has Magnet Bolt and so on). It's fine if you want Wave 6 but I wanted Wave 8 so these will be going back.
I spoke to customer services and they said that they'll try and get the picture changed so it's not showing the wrong wave.

Just thought I'd give people a heads up in case anyone else orders them by mistake. :P
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

MarionMayMay

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: UK people - Tesco Direct are selling Wave 6 blind bags, not Wave 8
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 07:04:58 AM »
have you had any luck finding the yellow blind bags in your area? I can't keep straight which wave is which so I just name them with how their bag looks lol! XD if there's any I REALLY want ill just go on ebay but I have more fun finding them in a store u know? I'm a old school shopper at heart :) the one I did end up ordering on eBay was rainbow wishes (LOVE HER) and luckily at a good price, I think $5 total including shipping, not too bad! but like I said, it'd be more fun if I could have found her randomly in a store :3

pixieponies

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 07:10:01 AM »
 :sad: and  :enraged: at Tesco for getting me excited
i really wanted the new wave 8 ponies

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 07:12:08 AM »
Unfortunately most retailers consider all blind bags, no matter the wave, to be the same product hence why they never call them "wave X" when they are being advertised. Very confusing!

I am sure Tesco will accept them as a return for you.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

mylittleponylover92

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 07:14:56 AM »
Aw thats a shame! Im sure they'll accept a return with the receipt and if they are unopened. I was really tempted to get some myself! Thanks for the heads up :)
When you order from Tesco direct does the big come like when you order food online? Just wondering lol.

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 08:16:29 AM »
It's one of the reasons I like to buy them physically, not online. You just can't guarantee what you're getting. It's the same with singles in a lot of places, like Argos it just says "assorted". So unless you go in and get a nice member of staff to look which ones they have you could just keep getting the same one.

Incidentally, has anyone found wave 7 in the UK? Because I haven't seen them anywhere around here (which is surprising) and I don't wanna miss them!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 08:27:58 AM »
I dont think we have got to 7 here yet - we seem to have stalled out a little on wave 6 at the moment. Which is fine...allows for people to catch up I think!
Loa is my love god!

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 08:29:09 AM »
Aw thats a shame! Im sure they'll accept a return with the receipt and if they are unopened. I was really tempted to get some myself! Thanks for the heads up :)
When you order from Tesco direct does the big come like when you order food online? Just wondering lol.

Yeah, I'm taking them back to a store when I get time. :)

They came bubble-wrapped inside a small grey mailing bag. Not sure if that's what Tesco Direct normally do as I've never ordered from them before.

To be honest I knew the risks of ordering them and them turning out to be the wrong ones. I thought it was worth a try. :P I do like to buy them in the shops but none of the shops around here have them! :( My local Sainsbury's had Wave 4 but half of the box was stolen so they never re-stocked them.
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

mylittleponylover92

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 10:59:52 AM »

Yeah, I'm taking them back to a store when I get time. :)

They came bubble-wrapped inside a small grey mailing bag. Not sure if that's what Tesco Direct normally do as I've never ordered from them before.

To be honest I knew the risks of ordering them and them turning out to be the wrong ones. I thought it was worth a try. :P I do like to buy them in the shops but none of the shops around here have them! :( My local Sainsbury's had Wave 4 but half of the box was stolen so they never re-stocked them.

Aw good, hope you get your money back!  ^.^

Ah okay, that sucks! Yeah I have the same problem! I live no where near a Tesco, only a Morrisons and they had wave 5 - yellow (but I bought all there was since there was only a small number left) then 4 - blue but they disappeared and they are my fave :( now they have wave 3 back - purple and 2 boxes of wave 6. So yeah! Very all over the place here!

Hope you find what you want sometime soon :)

TeacupTiger

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 12:22:43 PM »
The wave 7 blind bags have appeared at a few Forbidden Planets!  I have almost a complete set that I picked up from the Manchester and Stoke-On-Trent stores :-)  I'm only missing Banana Bliss, Apple Fritter and Soarin.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 03:42:46 PM »
Oh thats good to know TeacupTiger! :)
Loa is my love god!