collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Catty Noir?  (Read 3387 times)

JustHereForPictures

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Catty Noir?
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2013, 06:38:44 AM »
I would totally buy her.

Then I'd have to pay somebody to rehair her in blue or black (like Robecca).

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2013, 07:37:54 AM »
I feel like she is going to be a part of "13 wishes" serie. I spotted sort of 13 on the rop of the dress.

She's the Friday the 13th doll... Like b/w SS frankie

aroa678

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2013, 03:05:49 PM »
I played wit photoshopo a bit to see how she could look in different colors   :lovey:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88957647@N06/8571016972/

That would be the perfect friday 13th black cat!! :inlove:

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2013, 04:38:30 PM »
Wanty McWanterwantwantywantpants.  Can't wait to get her!

animal_lover

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2013, 05:20:42 PM »
Black and purple I think would have been better. That's one of my favorite color combos. I think it's more monster-ish and darker/goth.

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2013, 09:42:58 PM »
It amuses me to no end how many people want her not pink, while I'm cool with it being pink and normally dislike the color.
He who serves two masters lies to one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Rococo

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2013, 09:52:09 PM »
I love her black fur and baby pink eyes but I wouldn't have minded if the rest of her weren't quite so pink. Or if at least her hair was a different color.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2013, 01:49:11 AM »
I played wit photoshopo a bit to see how she could look in different colors   :lovey:

I like this version a lot! Very glamorous still, but not too gaudy. I don't mind black and pink, I love Lala to itty bitty bits, but I do agree that there needs to be a balabnce between the colours used. My biggest problem with barbie as an adult, I liked her fine as a girl, is the overuse of pink.

If Catty is a pink monster then that is fine, but, variation to the pink theme is good and helps separate her from Lala.

How would people feel about a pink and teal Catty? Or teal and black? I don't think there is a ghoul with those colours as the mains. Cleo has teal, but I associate her strongly with gold.

Post Merge: March 23, 2013, 01:53:49 AM

I like this version a lot! Very glamorous still, but not too gaudy. I don't mind black and pink, I love Lala to itty bitty bits, but I do agree that there needs to be a balabnce between the colours used. My biggest problem with barbie as an adult, I liked her fine as a girl, is the overuse of pink.

If Catty is a pink monster then that is fine, but, variation to the pink theme is good and helps separate her from Lala.

How would people feel about a pink and teal Catty? Or teal and black? I don't think there is a ghoul with those colours as the mains. Cleo has teal, but I associate her strongly with gold.

I have to add that I am a big fan of pink. It's my favorite colour, but I agree with what has been said, taht she is too pink. Less is more I think.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 01:53:49 AM by Nana-Rena »

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2013, 02:05:59 AM »
I'll admit this kitty would look really stunning with blue hair, or even a deep emerald green. Maybe even teal. But I LOVE pink. It's my favorite color. So the pinkness does not bother me.

She's one I am definitely looking for. I love the kitties, yes I do.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

SajiNoKami

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2013, 09:30:43 AM »
Not a huge fan of pink, but I like the vibe it gives her... 80's glam pop princess. I will get her.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2013, 09:36:11 AM »
Not a huge fan of pink, but I like the vibe it gives her... 80's glam pop princess.

Totally agree. I think black and pink is one of the best combinations, and Mattel has nailed it! Aside from Rochelle and Cupid (both rather pale-skinned creatures) we don't have anyone in a darker shade sporting pink hair. Until now!

Feyona

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2013, 09:57:30 AM »
If she is Friday the 13th doll, I am afraid that she is going to be super expensive... :huh:

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2013, 10:37:44 AM »
If she is Friday the 13th doll, I am afraid that she is going to be super expensive... :huh:

How expensive? I'm new to collecting and this year's 13th will be my first! Yay! Firsts! who was it last year and how much was the doll?

animal_lover

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2013, 10:57:12 AM »
I like the black and aqua idea. Or black, purple and aqua. But there's no way Mattel is going to change it when their main audience are young girls. Young girls LOVE pink. And I personally don't buy dolls just to change them. That's just me though.

So unfortunately I'm going to have to wait and see what this doll looks like in person before I can decide if I want her.

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2013, 08:35:55 AM »

How expensive? I'm new to collecting and this year's 13th will be my first! Yay! Firsts! who was it last year and how much was the doll?

Black and White Frankie was last year's 13th doll, and she actually sold for $4.13 at all stores on April 13th. And then shelf warmed Toys R Us forever because they popped her price backup to their standard $16 for thin boxes. Most other stores, like walmart, kept the low price and sold out fast. I still have like 3 in boxes around here, with plans for eventual customs.

She is a gorgeous doll on her own though.

And Animal_Lover I object! Most girls I knew when I was small didn't like pink that much- favorite colors were blue, purple, orange, yellow, ect. American Society just teaches you from diapers that pink is for girls, so most every female out here accepts that we are supposed to like pink, and buy and wear it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 08:38:08 AM by DoomBunnies »
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal