collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 42167 times)

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #1395 on: April 26, 2013, 10:26:35 AM »
Thanks for the congrats, everyone!  He was the light of my life as soon as I laid eyes on him!

Gonna have to play a little catch up with this thread. I just got home from the hospital with a new little human in tow. :)

Just like a TRUE MH fan :lol:  One day out of the hospital and your first priority is to catch up on the MH Disscussion thread:)  Will the new human be a fan as well, you think?

Who knows, he might!!  He will have to ask for dolls of his own if he's interested though.  Mommy's collection is mommy's collection! XD

I really dig that Lagoona!  I love that she's SO different than other Lagoonas, since I feel like Mattel hasn't been particularly creative with her lately.  Not a huge fan of her outfit, though.  I just wish they pushed the "sporty" theme with her more often. :/  I hope to see more shorts, pants, and capri-inclusive outfits for Lagoona and less mini-dresses!  Though I think Mattel is abusing its mini-dress/skirt privileges with everyone lately... I guess they are cheaper/easier to make than most clothes. 

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 26, 2013, 11:32:31 AM »
New promo pictures were posted on the German toy site for Cleo's Oasis and Spectra's Party Tent:

http://www.spielzeug-schuette.de/spielzeug/lieblings-stars-monster-high%E2%84%A2-zubeh%C3%B6r-1m3/mattel-y7716-cleo-w%C3%BCstenoase-brp.html

http://www.spielzeug-schuette.de/spielzeug/lieblings-stars-monster-high%E2%84%A2-zubeh%C3%B6r-1m3/mattel-y7720-spectra-partyraum-bro.html

I love that Spectra, but there's no way I'd buy that set just to get her. I don't have room for any big playsets and it wouldn't be so easy to just sell the playset alone because of shipping cost.

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #1397 on: April 26, 2013, 01:37:53 PM »
I know they had to make Lagoona different for if she is freshwater, but having her be neon seems really odd because in general, salt water fish are the ones that are more colorful. Of course, a drabber Lagoona probably wouldn't sell as well.
That is what I was thinking too.  I want to want this Lagoona becuase she is different than the others I have, but I will just have to see her in person.  Not quite sure what to think.  I think I would have preferred if her lips were a different color.
I personally think it would be hard to make her drabber, since she's so pastel already. And there are tons of neon/bright freshwater fish- walk through any non-exotic pet store, and all the ones they sell are freshwater.
Like neon tetras: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Guppies: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 [/img] visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Discus Fish: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Remember, most fish listed as Tropical are indeed freshwater, I've had them living with my fat, sweet goldfish for years.
to true! as a tropical fish keeper my self , I like the fact the Neon-ed  lagoona up a bit LOL  I do wish her outfit was more sporty as well but I like her hair, her colors, Etc!
 Love my goona, she made me fall for MH!  i wish we had more fishy sea creatures and monsters they are the best!

I love the new playsets! I almost want to get cleos but i have no room either. I love that it bubbles!  I wonder if spectras plays music.. i she they would have made that so it was an MP3 docking station! Then i would totally get it! LOL  I love when things have a dual use, that is one reason i loved the original dead tired beds  better than the new ones that don't DO anything . To me draculauras bed is still the best! I had high hopes spectras bed would " do " something.. kinda dissapointed that it is just a bed like abbeys.. still cute though..

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 26, 2013, 01:59:45 PM »

"Chubby"? I didn't see chubby people anywhere. "Chubby" to me means "slightly overweight". Am I right or wrong? *g*
I'm sorry if "chubby" was offensive, I simply meant "normal" sized gals, aka why I said "not stick figures", I think its important that girls see ALL body shapes and sizes, and despite the fact that the doll molds show otherwise, it was awesome to see that the video adopted this credo.

Chubby has a broad definition IMO, so "slightly overweight could be it, but in this case I DID mean "normal"/average sized

I wasn't offended, I was legit confused X) After all English isn't my first language.
Thanks for clearing it up! ^^

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 26, 2013, 02:01:57 PM »
I found a NIB DotD Frankie for $30 at a con I'm at right now. I was tempted to pick her up, but I don't really collect Frankie. I saw some Scaris dolls including deuce and Catrine and two basic Operettas.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: April 26, 2013, 02:14:11 PM »
I really like the DJ Spectra set, but why no Holt? Spectra seems an odd choice for a DJ. But I do think I want that set anyways because my Harpy is a DJ and if I ever gets a Holt then he would be right at home in that set too.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: April 26, 2013, 02:45:24 PM »
I really like the DJ Spectra set, but why no Holt? Spectra seems an odd choice for a DJ. But I do think I want that set anyways because my Harpy is a DJ and if I ever gets a Holt then he would be right at home in that set too.

True! Spectra being a radio person isn't unlikely, she could have a news/gossip show *g* But her hosting a party and acting as the DJ is a bit... weird (just like Hippie Abbey in the upcoming Music Festival stuff).
But I'm glad that at least Spectra plays a bigger part in a special for once. She didn't get a doll in all the other series, so I'm just happy for the sake of seeing more of her :lol:

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #1402 on: April 26, 2013, 04:36:54 PM »
Yeay!!!
Just found my 6th monster high doll second hand at value village!!!
Yeay!

It's DT Clawdeen that came with the bunk bed wearing Lala's shopping outfit i think.

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

animal_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1403 on: April 26, 2013, 11:21:24 PM »
Wow, haven't been on here in a while! Had to read through like 10 pages of discussion. That new "spin off" line or whatever it may be looks pretty awesome! And while the new lagoona seems to at least have a bit more of an expression and not just a blank deer in headlights stare imo like normal,  her new neon color scheme hurts my brain. :/

Oh! And I just wanted to share a little story.  :P

So, the other day I was at walmart with my friend at like 1 in the morning. While he went off to look for what he needed I decided to go see if there was anything new in the monster high isle. When I got there, there was an employee with at least 5 big boxes restocking all of the monster high! My first thought was "OMG! I wonder if the new PD dolls are in!"  And I got all excited. But I didn't want to be like standing there in the way, so I just walked around the toy section peeking in that isle every now and then.  :lol: The woman probably thought I was crazy! Well finally she finished and walked away so I ran over to the shelves. To my slight disappointment it was most just more of the art supplies and posters. And a TON of those hair extensions that NO ONE buys and I see in clearance everywhere.

Anyway, that was my story.  :lol: When are the PD dolls going to get here?!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 27, 2013, 08:49:43 AM »
Yeay!!!
Just found my 6th monster high doll second hand at value village!!!
Yeay!

It's DT Clawdeen that came with the bunk bed wearing Lala's shopping outfit i think.

Congratulations! That is one beautiful Clawdeen.

Post Merge: April 27, 2013, 08:59:24 AM

Thanks to flickr, I just discovered that La Dee Da dresses (though a big snug) fit MH. I found this awesome one I want, but it's something like $18 online when Target says that it has it in stores for $9. Hmm...

Yep, I just bought a second one at Target on Sunday. They had all four packs. I already had the pink cherry print dress, so I bought the blue dress with the lime green fur. I was tempted to get the one with the purple plaid skirt & suspenders, but for now, I left it there. I didn't like the other one. I got them for my DC Howleen. They both look adorable on her.

Awesome! I'm after the little purple dress with suspenders. I went to Target this week, but they didn't have it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 08:59:24 AM by tuneful87 »

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 27, 2013, 11:12:26 AM »
Welp! Since Howleen is such a petite thing, I tried on a La Dee Da dress and it fits perfectly! I'm also happy about this since Dee has fashion packs out that I can split between my Dee and Howleen. <3
I wonder if the pant suits will fit her too?
Avvie By Watercolors

papier

« Reply #1406 on: April 28, 2013, 08:07:10 AM »
Headless Headmistress available for pre-order on TRU.com: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19180486

Estimated shipping date: 6/13/13 (or 13/6/13 if you go DD/MM/YYYY)

ETA: Is it just me, or does she look like she has a ponytail? Is this old news to everyone else?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 08:09:00 AM by papier »

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 28, 2013, 08:32:07 AM »
Thanks for posting the preorder :) have mine in

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #1408 on: April 28, 2013, 09:09:18 AM »
With that better picture I really cannot wait for somebody to sell off her outfit.

Because that's about all I want from that set.

Frankie Stein

« Reply #1409 on: April 28, 2013, 09:48:01 AM »
I cant wait to find them in store. Its nice to know we finally have a date :)
I wonder if she will come with a diary and any accessories not pictured

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal