collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 42035 times)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #1230 on: April 21, 2013, 10:48:11 PM »
It seems like this is always the drought period--it was like this last year, here in Canada anyway. I would think the "fall" lines like GNO etc will start to show up in the States really soon, but we don't seem to start getting them here until June. Which is still better than August, though--ugh that sucks!  >_<

I like the drought periods!  I NEED them!  I'm still trying to catch up with the current releases :lol:  I hope that whatever is on the way comes out a bit staggered so that I don't feel the need to buy all the dolls all at once!

Hehe, yeah, right now I'm not minding it too much! I'll probably be super keen for new stuff in a month though XD I so wish we'd get things spread out evenly. Seeing giant dumps of new stuff all at once like we do twice a year is stressful because I hate having to guess what is/isn't going to stick around  -_-

I finally got my Howleen!! Dance class howleen!! Glad I grabbed her when I found her on the Walmart shelf. I went back two days later and the other three were gone off the shelf. My daughter wanted Howleen too, but alas...  >_<

She's adorable! She almost fits the other MH girl clothes, which is good but I wonder... Will they have fashion packs for Nefera and Howleen since these girls have different body size/shapes than the others? Howleen has such a cute and muscular body. Her thicker legs and arms are cute.

Congrats, DC Howleen is sooo precious! I really hope we get fashion packs for the taller/shorter girls too. I can see Nefera not being priority for a FP as she's only got the one doll, but Howleen will soon have three dolls... *hopes* :D
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1231 on: April 21, 2013, 10:52:42 PM »
Man, I'm kinda bummed. About six weeks ago, a woman in one of my MH Facebook groups posted a whole bunch of dolls for sale (she said she was selling to get money to pay bills). I claimed her bee and three-eyed ghoul CAM dolls and sent her payment through paypal.

Over the next few weeks, every time I contacted her to find out if she'd sent them, she said no because her fiance wouldn't lend her his car to go to the post office and she had no other way of getting there. At one point she said she'd arranged to have a courier come but he hadn't shown up.

She said she was planning on refunding everyone their money, but I said I wanted to hang on a bit longer because I didn't think I'd get another chance at those dolls complete with torsos and a decent price.

Since then, I've heard nothing from her. I'm beginning to get suspicious. She has good feedback in the Facebook group and she seemed trustworthy enough.

I'm not too upset about the possibility that maybe she scammed me or whatever. I'm sure I can get my money back if I have to. I'd just rather have the dolls, you know? I was really looking forward to getting them.

Ah well.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 21, 2013, 10:56:31 PM »
That really stinks Pukunui! :( I hope everything works out for you!
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 21, 2013, 10:59:02 PM »
That really stinks Pukunui! :( I hope everything works out for you!
Thanks! Me too.

I was hopeful that we'd get the bee and three-eyed ghoul packs here, since we're getting the CAMs finally, but I heard from a friend that she'd spotted the siren, harpy and lab add-ons at the toy store the other day, so I guess maybe we're not getting the earlier ones. Silly people at the toy store, though, apparently they didn't realize the add-ons weren't complete dolls as they hadn't stocked any starter packs to go with them! My friend said she set them straight, though.

Offline eristell_neko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 21, 2013, 11:01:37 PM »
Guys.... Guys.... I just got RM Clawdeen and she has two right feet. Really now Mattel? Is your quality control that bad? I mean, I've had something similar happen with a CAM add on pack ages ago, but that's kind of understandable. On a whole doll? Not really.

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 21, 2013, 11:02:50 PM »
Guys.... Guys.... I just got RM Clawdeen and she has two right feet. Really now Mattel? Is your quality control that bad? I mean, I've had something similar happen with a CAM add on pack ages ago, but that's kind of understandable. On a whole doll? Not really.
I've heard of that happening. I've also seen dolls with legs that aren't the same length. Sorry to hear that happened to you, though!

Offline eristell_neko

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 21, 2013, 11:18:00 PM »
I've heard of that happening. I've also seen dolls with legs that aren't the same length. Sorry to hear that happened to you, though!
I'm just super sad because everything else on her is PERFECT. I don't want to have to risk not finding another perfect face/hair Clawdeen  by returning her. ;.;

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1237 on: April 21, 2013, 11:22:11 PM »
Man, I'm kinda bummed. About six weeks ago, a woman in one of my MH Facebook groups posted a whole bunch of dolls for sale (she said she was selling to get money to pay bills). I claimed her bee and three-eyed ghoul CAM dolls and sent her payment through paypal.

Over the next few weeks, every time I contacted her to find out if she'd sent them, she said no because her fiance wouldn't lend her his car to go to the post office and she had no other way of getting there. At one point she said she'd arranged to have a courier come but he hadn't shown up.

She said she was planning on refunding everyone their money, but I said I wanted to hang on a bit longer because I didn't think I'd get another chance at those dolls complete with torsos and a decent price.

Since then, I've heard nothing from her. I'm beginning to get suspicious. She has good feedback in the Facebook group and she seemed trustworthy enough.

I'm not too upset about the possibility that maybe she scammed me or whatever. I'm sure I can get my money back if I have to. I'd just rather have the dolls, you know? I was really looking forward to getting them.

Ah well.
That sucks... I know what you mean about wanting the dolls more than you want a refund. It's tough to get your hopes up like that.

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 21, 2013, 11:36:09 PM »
I'm just super sad because everything else on her is PERFECT. I don't want to have to risk not finding another perfect face/hair Clawdeen  by returning her. ;.;
I know what you mean. You could always get another and swap their heads and then return the other one. I've done that before with a Robecca - I'd cut her hair short and then shortly after her leg broke off. Mattel wanted me to return her, but I knew they wouldn't accept her with cut hair (and I didn't want to have to do it all over again), so I bought another and swapped their heads and then sent them the other one.

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 22, 2013, 06:58:16 AM »
Pukunui - As far as good feedback and such, sometimes people are afraid to leave accurate feedback. I know if I messed up ( and boy have I mucked things up! ) I usually don't mind a neutral feedback, especially since I try to do everything in my power to make it right.  >_<

I sure hope the seller gets a way to go to the post office. I'd be questioning my relationship if the person I was with refused to do a few errands for me, especially something so simple.

A third Howleen? I'm bad about keeping up with the latest MH since I only have my four girls ( Lagoona, Rochelle, Howleen and my MH abbey with Novi Star Una head ). Dance class Howleen with pink pigtails was too cute to pass up.  :blush:

Howleen can fit the MH fashion packs, as she is wearing Draculaura's FP dress for now. It's not too big, but you can tell it's not quite right in size for her. Shoes wise, she looks like a little girl :drama: around in her mom's heels lol They are way too big. I'm super happy there is a chance she will get her own fashion packs since she seems to be getting released more often?

Does anyone have links or ideas where to find people who make quality custom clothing for MH dolls? My Google-Fu is weak ; ___ ;
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 22, 2013, 10:06:14 AM »
Just an idea, it may be out of your way to do so (and cost a little more. >,<), but do you by any chance have a spare Clawdeen whose heads you can swap for their body?? That way you can keep her perfect face, and at the same time, get a perfect body for her too!! Maybe even buy a baity one from a member here.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 22, 2013, 10:41:19 AM »
I found a few Cutie Pops fashion packs on clearance for just under $3 at Target today, but wasn't sure if they fit Monster High dolls. I think it was mentioned in this thread before, but I really don't want to sift through the thread. :lol: If they do fit, I may have to grab this one with a pink dress. It's really cute!
-Bow Tie

Offline Aeryala

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 22, 2013, 11:40:25 AM »
I found a few Cutie Pops fashion packs on clearance for just under $3 at Target today, but wasn't sure if they fit Monster High dolls. I think it was mentioned in this thread before, but I really don't want to sift through the thread. :lol: If they do fit, I may have to grab this one with a pink dress. It's really cute!

i've seen pics online of mh dolls in Cutie pops dresses, so they should fit.

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 22, 2013, 11:54:06 AM »

i've seen pics online of mh dolls in Cutie pops dresses, so they should fit.

I may have to go back and pick it up, but maybe another day. I don't feel like going back out again since I have work this evening. XD
-Bow Tie

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1244 on: April 22, 2013, 01:00:59 PM »
I just wanted to mini-brag on myself, it took a lot of restraint...

Ever since Dance Class Operetta came out, she has been challenging my one doll per character rule! I already had Killer Style Operetta but there is something about DC that just gets me (I think it is the lighter makeup and straight hair-plus the fact she is swing and I did swing dancing in high school). But I made myself put KS up for sale first, even though I loved her! KS Operetta sold today, and I'm really proud of myself for waiting.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 01:02:43 PM by Melissa »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal