collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 42048 times)

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #1110 on: April 17, 2013, 09:36:03 AM »
We never seem to get the really good stuff here. No Jinafire even! Or Scaris Ghoulia! But we do have the boys available pretty often.

Are you looking for a Jin? Because my bestie and I will go doll hunting this weekend (she also wants Jinafire). Germany got her only recently and some stores offer her for 25€ :)
We could pick up a second one for you if we're lucky enough to find her.

Thanks for the offer Zapper  :) I have her already, I got her from the interwebs. Good luck on your doll hunt! Which dolls are you looking for?

I went on a doll hunt last Friday with elonni and elonni Jr, her daughter and we found ponies, for elonni Jr and myself and a couple of dolls, like Scaris Rochelle, who seems to be pretty popular here.

We're going to ToysRUs to look for Jin, I <3 Fashion Frankie and LPS G3 blind bags and mayyybeee Transformers (our other big toy love next to MH and MLP).
Somehow I always end up far away from the next TRU, no matter where I move to. So I'm looking forward to it and taking advantage of my friend's car :lol:

If you ever need me to pick something up for you, let me know. :)
TRU is only a 20 min. drive from my home and a good friend of mine lives like right behind it.. so I pass by it quite frequently. ^^

I've never seen Jinafire nor Gil in stores either. But I know they've shipped to germany since they are/were available online.

Alas, we also NEVER get the 3+ multipacks (except for the TRU exclusives). And we NEVER got the werewolf-sister-pack. Not even online. :<
I hate how spotty the EU distribution is. It is always a gamble wether or not to import dolls. ..like right now I want another Catrine and another PG Clawdeen. I originally planned on waiting for those to be released over here to save on shipping.. and since we always got the walmart/target exclusives some time down the line. Yet they haven't shown up yet even tho there has been releases in other EU countries. I'm afraid they're going to pull a 'werewolf-sisters'-one on the PGs, thinking german girls would not want/buy them.

But what about Catrine? White Cat.. plain doll. No outstanding theme whatsoever.. I don't get why we don't get her.. xD;

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: April 17, 2013, 09:53:43 AM »
If you ever need me to pick something up for you, let me know. :)

Aww, thanks :hug:
I will gladly take advantage of you as well ;) :lol:

I hate how spotty the EU distribution is. It is always a gamble wether or not to import dolls. ..like right now I want another Catrine and another PG Clawdeen. I originally planned on waiting for those to be released over here to save on shipping.. and since we always got the walmart/target exclusives some time down the line. Yet they haven't shown up yet even tho there has been releases in other EU countries. I'm afraid they're going to pull a 'werewolf-sisters'-one on the PGs, thinking german girls would not want/buy them.

But what about Catrine? White Cat.. plain doll. No outstanding theme whatsoever.. I don't get why we don't get her.. xD;

Yeah, I wish I had a clue about how the distribution works.
I wanted to wait for Catrine as well, but now I caved and thanks to MeJ I will get one soon. I want my unicorn! :)

Actually, I didn't know the Wolf Sisters weren't distributed here. Kind of makes me suspicious again... You know, about the old prejudice that white people wouldn't buy black dolls. Clawdeen seems to be very popular here. I don't get it at all.

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 17, 2013, 09:57:12 AM »

You should grab a a few and sell them to the poor Europeans :D We didn't even get them in Finland  -_-
If I had the money to front I'd totally be happy to, but unfortunatly I can barely afford to pick up dolls for myself...If I ever come across a good sale or clearance sale, I will definetly see what I can do :blush:

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: April 17, 2013, 10:47:03 AM »
Zapper: Transformers you say? I have a I <3 Starscream shirt on right now in fact! Optimus Prime was and is my all time favorite Transformer, Starscream is my fiance's favorite.

How much is the I <3 Fashion Frankie in Germany? that is another doll that we do not have here.

I don't understand not stocking Clawdeen either. She is the most popular doll in Finland. Howleen seems to be hard to find now, so she seems pretty popular too. The only reason I can come up with off the top of my head for why they aren't stocked here is that (and this sounds silly) Finns aren't used to buying more than one doll at a time, Barbies are all single packed. The double packs cost more and they might not seem worth it. I can't think of other reasons not to stock them. Unless distributors here think they won't sell.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: April 17, 2013, 11:09:15 AM »
This is so random, but Anneli Heed, the Swedish voice actress for Spitfire in MLP:FiM, just announced she will be the voice actress for Cupid in "Why Do Ghouls Fall in Love?". I am flipping out so hard right now. XD Anneli is so cute and I am so excited for the Swedish version of WDGFiL!!! :heart:
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: April 17, 2013, 11:24:41 AM »
Zapper: Transformers you say? I have a I <3 Starscream shirt on right now in fact! Optimus Prime was and is my all time favorite Transformer, Starscream is my fiance's favorite.

How much is the I <3 Fashion Frankie in Germany? that is another doll that we do not have here.

I don't understand not stocking Clawdeen either. She is the most popular doll in Finland. Howleen seems to be hard to find now, so she seems pretty popular too. The only reason I can come up with off the top of my head for why they aren't stocked here is that (and this sounds silly) Finns aren't used to buying more than one doll at a time, Barbies are all single packed. The double packs cost more and they might not seem worth it. I can't think of other reasons not to stock them. Unless distributors here think they won't sell.

She always ranges between 20 and 30€. Sometimes she's on sale, sometimes she isn't :nuts:

Aha, yeah, I love me some old school Transformers. So funny! My bestie is an Optimus fan, but I like Starscream and Soundwave. We would make great Autobot vs Decepticon tag teams XD
I do not collect the first versions. Too expensive and too ugly. But I have a neat little mix of various gens. I buy TFs because of their looks in robot mode and don't care much for the vehicles. But I have to say, the flyers are my faves. They're not as bulky and manly-manish. The newest incarnation of Starscream looks like a hot chick with a really creepy old-man face :lol:

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #1116 on: April 17, 2013, 11:25:35 AM »
Just an FYI- I posted a huge lot of MH stuff in the sales thread, coming with like 3 or 4 pairs of shoes and fashion pack stuff.

Poney M

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1117 on: April 17, 2013, 11:57:32 AM »
We never seem to get the really good stuff here. No Jinafire even! Or Scaris Ghoulia! But we do have the boys available pretty often.

We don't seem to be getting any of the two packs recently either and never to my knowledge any 3 or more packs.

Come to think of it, a friend of mine said that we never got Gil here, any other Euroean country never got Gil?
Loads of Jinefire at TRU Vantaa  :) But in many stores Jinas were sold out immediately, that's why you probably haven't seen them (I can assure you there were some).

Many of my friends ordered Jina online from this one store, and then the store announced they had a delay in the store's order and the Jinas aren't going to arrive until late May... If at all. People are a bit panicy now :D

Oh, and we did have Gil, but not many. My friend bought hers from a local toystore, and it was the only one. Had to ninja kick some kids to get him, I hear :P Scaris Ghoulia I've never seen anywhere except in one online store, but it's sold out now.

But you're right, not many double or triple packs ever come here. Meowlody & Purrsephone did, although very very very late.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:01:07 PM by Poney M »

animal_lover

« Reply #1118 on: April 17, 2013, 12:07:37 PM »
I have a little fun fact for all the transformers fans here! My grandparents are really good friends with the creator of transformers. And before anyone says anything, no I'm not trying to brag. I just think it's kinda cool and fun to talk about.  :P :lol:

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 17, 2013, 12:21:33 PM »
I have a little fun fact for all the transformers fans here! My grandparents are really good friends with the creator of transformers. And before anyone says anything, no I'm not trying to brag. I just think it's kinda cool and fun to talk about.  :P :lol:

And who is that creator? Because there are many *g*
Not to forget all the different gens, comics and Japanese "prototypes" that later on got bought and turned into the Transformers we know today, so the entire question of who "birthed" the Transformers brand isn't answered so easily.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: April 17, 2013, 12:21:59 PM »
Poney: Hmp! That is annoying! The delay I mean. Anything else at the TRU? I haven't been there, I am carless and going by buss seems like a total pain. I don't actually know whether it is or not, public transport is pretty convenient here. Have you been to the Espoo one? Is that any good? i have been considering going there for ages.

Zappeer: transformers tagteam? Awsome!!! I have a friend who says why like the autobots when the decepticons are so much cooler? :lol: I like both though. I am a total cliche Optimus Prime and Starscream as favorites and then Bumblebee as a close third. Sexy old man face Starscream sounds scarily intriguing!

I really want the 80's Optimus. i never had him. Well, I never had any Transformers.

Okay, back on topic!

Does anybody know when the PD wave 2 dolls will be available in Europe?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:27:15 PM by Nana-Rena »

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 17, 2013, 12:23:01 PM »
what do you mean by "creator" animal_lover? like someone who worked on the cartoon, or the toyline here in the US? or? because as far as I know, there isn't "one" creator of the transformers  :)
it depends on what you consider the creator...
Takara in Japan created the toyline, Hasbro bought it for the US and then hired like 3 people to give the characters names and a backstory...

animal_lover

« Reply #1122 on: April 17, 2013, 12:43:49 PM »
Well, Idk a whole lot about it but I was always told he was the one who came up with the idea. But for what (toys, cartoon series, movies) Idk. My mom says the last name is Orenstein, but she's not sure about his first name. It's my grandparents on m dad's side that knows him so that's why she's not really sure.

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: April 17, 2013, 12:51:01 PM »
oh, Henry Orenstein, well, he's not exactly a "creator" he was the guy who talked Hasbro into getting TF license etc from Takara.  I'm can see why someone not in the "know" might miscontrue him as the "creator" but he's really more like the middle man between Hasbro and Japan...although he DID create the rub signs that come on the US Transformers...

And now back to our regularly scheduled MH thread... :D

animal_lover

« Reply #1124 on: April 17, 2013, 01:08:02 PM »
I'll have to ask my dad what his name was and see if it's henry!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal