collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 42244 times)

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #990 on: April 12, 2013, 11:39:27 AM »
So I have a question for the more experienced Monster High collectors.  How are releases handled for the dolls?  Does Mattel announce everything that is coming out ahead of time?  I'm just wondering if there are surprise releases sometimes, or do you always know what is coming out when?

Mattel is usually very forthcoming with their releases, but there are surprise ones sometimes. The fearleading 3 pack with Toralei, Purrsephone and Meowlody was a total surprise. When it first showed up on eBay everyone thought it was fake because it hadn't been announced at all. XD

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 12, 2013, 11:51:10 AM »
I've never been so in love with a doll since Sig Spectra... :heart: :heart: :heart:
What a perfect baby. Not monster-y at all, but who cares when all your favorite themes and colors are combined in a cute little pastel goth? *cries tears of toy collector joy*

She looks like she could be Spectra's little sister! What a cutie pie!!
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 12, 2013, 11:56:02 AM »
I like the idea of the daughter of the monster from under your bed having such a cute and innocent face. It is a wonderful contrast!

Shahaila

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #993 on: April 12, 2013, 12:23:34 PM »
Well I might be in the minority here, the promo pictures for Twyla have not stirred me to want to have her.  Perhaps it is because I am much more excited about the upcoming Ghoulias, or perhaps its her clothes.  But I am just meh about the Twyla release (which is great for my wallet).  She is one I will have to see in person to really determine if I will get her.  I am actually more interested in the crazy looking doll coming with that lab looking play set LOL.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 12, 2013, 12:26:07 PM »
I've never been so in love with a doll since Sig Spectra... :heart: :heart: :heart:
What a perfect baby. Not monster-y at all, but who cares when all your favorite themes and colors are combined in a cute little pastel goth? *cries tears of toy collector joy*

Ohhh this! (except for me it's Rochelle who now has major competition in my heart!) I am so in love with Twyla I just can't even. At all. Everything about her in the new pic is PERFECTION.

-dead-
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 12, 2013, 01:53:25 PM »
Some people build the shipping cost into their sales price and charge a flat fee. So if the doll is 20, and shipping is 5 on average, they will charge 25 flat. I think sometimes people feel guilty asking for $15 in shipping fees when a doll may be worth $10. But if someone wants the doll bad enough, they will agree to pay the higher shipping costs.

Sometimes people don't have a way to get an accurate shipping estimate at home, which makes them hesitant to deal with expensive shipping costs in case they charge too little.

This is exactly it. I don't trust usps.com to give an accurate price for international prices. B&W SS Frankie is worth roughly $10 right now. You can't find her anymore and she was $4.13 at both Kmart and Walmart here in the US. She's not an expensive doll and if I sell internationally, the person who would be buying her would pay a lot more than what she is actually worth and I hate doing that to people, but if someone really REALLY wants her and is willing to pay the price, I'll do it. I'll just have to stop by the post office to get estimates on how much it would be.

I was sending a gift to a friend in Sweden and I was doing a trade with a UK member here and I had no idea that it was going to cost me $40 for both.

Regarding Twyla, I'm not a fan of her face mold. It just looks odd to me. :(
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 12, 2013, 02:33:46 PM »
This picture was posted by Monster High Dolls on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=481333848602422&set=a.354801947922280.76416.257202634348879&type=1&theater

I wonder if this means all of the SC Lala dolls will have fangs...
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 12, 2013, 02:37:12 PM »
I've also noticed some people on tumblr saying that they've just bought Swim Lalas with fangs. I guess it really was another mistake on Mattel's part to release her without them, not intentional after all. I'm actually quite glad I got her without fangs, it's fun to have one Lala who isn't showing off her teeth!  :lol:

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 12, 2013, 02:49:24 PM »
I don't trust usps.com to give an accurate price for international prices.

I have been burned by usps.com's international estimates as well.  Not only that, but I actually went to the physical PO before to weigh a package and get an estimate and, after changing nothing but taping up the box and going back to mail it, it cost me about $3 more than they said it would to send it.  What. The. Heck.  ._.

As for Twyla, I just love her.  She's adorable and I love the grey, lavender and seafoam green colors together.  Such a pretty and unique combination.  Is 13 Wishes a "Fall" release?  If so, I'm hoping they'll begin popping up in stores by July like GR did. :D

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 02:54:58 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #999 on: April 12, 2013, 02:52:09 PM »
Y'know, I can't get over the feeling that Twyla's design reminds me of someone else.... But who... Hmm.. She just seems reeally familiar...

(Rochelle snagged from a pic by LovelyMelody in the Pic spam thread because I am lazy.)

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:00:56 PM by DoomBunnies »
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: April 12, 2013, 02:53:29 PM »
I've also noticed some people on tumblr saying that they've just bought Swim Lalas with fangs. I guess it really was another mistake on Mattel's part to release her without them, not intentional after all. I'm actually quite glad I got her without fangs, it's fun to have one Lala who isn't showing off her teeth!  :lol:

I just saw pics of her with famgs in what look like the promo shots... I guess I am going to have to go look at her in stores if I can find her

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #1001 on: April 12, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »
Y'know, I can't get over the feeling that Twyla's design reminds me of someone else.... But who... Hmm.. She just seems reeally familiar...

(Abbey snagged from a pic by LovelyMelody in the Pic spam thread because I am lazy.)

I see it too! I was literally just wondering if I could customize her to be Rochelle's little sister!

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 12, 2013, 02:59:18 PM »
Twyla is cute, I like her hair. But her face taunts me, her expression lacks personality to me :'(
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 12, 2013, 03:12:12 PM »

(Abbey snagged from a pic by LovelyMelody in the Pic spam thread because I am lazy.)

I see it too! I was literally just wondering if I could customize her to be Rochelle's little sister!

This... is totally my headcanon now. They're both guardian-types too! :lovey:

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 12, 2013, 03:24:43 PM »
Well I might be in the minority here, the promo pictures for Twyla have not stirred me to want to have her.  Perhaps it is because I am much more excited about the upcoming Ghoulias, or perhaps its her clothes.  But I am just meh about the Twyla release (which is great for my wallet).  She is one I will have to see in person to really determine if I will get her.  I am actually more interested in the crazy looking doll coming with that lab looking play set LOL.
Twyla is cute, I like her hair. But her face taunts me, her expression lacks personality to me :'(

Yeah, the prototype Twyla was much more interesting to me.  I don't like the changes they made.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal