collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 42284 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #885 on: April 09, 2013, 06:10:55 PM »
Maybe when they started making the custom they weren't sure if she was actually getting a release? And once they started they just figured keep making her?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 09, 2013, 06:59:35 PM »

http://25.media.tumblr.com/49994c25a81b03924aa2fdbdd94b057b/tumblr_mkh0w8QR6Z1r1tvl5o1_500.jpg

I found this just now on tumblr, and it has me excited! When I get my hands on a couple Heath dolls, I am totally going to try making him shorter!

I'm hella stupid when it comes to some stuff. 

I can't seem to view the tutorial:(  Little help? :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Frankie Stein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #887 on: April 09, 2013, 07:10:19 PM »

http://25.media.tumblr.com/49994c25a81b03924aa2fdbdd94b057b/tumblr_mkh0w8QR6Z1r1tvl5o1_500.jpg

I found this just now on tumblr, and it has me excited! When I get my hands on a couple Heath dolls, I am totally going to try making him shorter!

I found it on deviantart :)

http://theukelele.deviantart.com/art/Monster-High-Male-Leg-Shortening-Tutorial-362422493

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #888 on: April 09, 2013, 07:13:28 PM »
I finally decided to get one of those six armed torsos. The goal is to make Sasa Lisi from the Casanova series, seen below. Now just to get another ice girl and two extra sets of arms...this is not going to be easy!

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #889 on: April 09, 2013, 07:41:53 PM »
I expect Operetta to be more rare on shelves for the PD line. It looks like there will be two case assortments for the Picture Day 2.0 line.

From http://www.entertainmentearth.com/

Monster High Doll Assortment Wave 12 Set
The Wave 12 set of 3 individually packaged dolls (subject to change):
1x Picture Day Frankie
1x Picture Day Lagoona
1x Picture Day Operetta 

Monster High Doll Assortment Wave 11 Case
The Wave 11 case of 6 individually packaged dolls (subject to change):
2x Picture Day Frankie
2x Picture Day Lagoona
1x Picture Day Cleo de Nile
1x Picture Day Abbey Bominable

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 09, 2013, 07:48:25 PM »
^ Argh. That's going to be incredibly annoying >_< I hope that Canada will see the 3-doll case, not just the 6-doll, or we'll have to import Operetta from you American pals. Interesting though that there *is* a 3-doll case--first time there's been that configuration for a deluxe doll line? I think?

And PD Spectra and Lala are going to be done once their wave stops shipping, but Cleo and Abbey get to stick around... interesting! Although it would make more sense to me if the 6-doll case had Operetta instead of Abbey, but I guess that's what "subject to change" is for :lol: And it's not a problem for Lala, since she seems to have saturated everyplace, but anyone who wants Spectra better snatch her up before then.  :)
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #891 on: April 09, 2013, 08:12:02 PM »
Maybe that's just me being stupid again, but I don't get the people making customs of characters that are already announced to come out at one point for sure.
I mean, hey, they can do whatever they want and I'm a big fan of custom dolls, but it seems like such a waste of time (and another MH doll) to try to create something when you know you can have the original toy standing on your shelf sooner or later.

My thoughts exactly.. don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful custom, but.. come on, September isn't that far away, is it? :/

Ooh, new promo pics! :frolic: -rushes to look at-

I feel the same way. Why bother? Right? But Im sort of glad they did it, because it lets me see the concept made reality. I can see how the design works on a real doll... And I have to admit, Im not loving it :( I hope that she looks a lot nicer when she is factory made. I can't put my finger on what I dont like.. maybe the glitter? I still like the art for her though. So I guess we will see! :D

I'm for this with pre-release dolls, because really I think it's people trying to make extra money by making the concept first, because there are plenty of folks who don't realize it's just a custom. On the other hand, customs of out of circulation or hard to find dolls are fine with me, because not many want to pay a ton for a plastic toy.

And also, that amount of glitter is an atrocity; it looks like a dollar store giftbox- way too tacky.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 09, 2013, 08:17:34 PM »

http://theukelele.deviantart.com/art/Monster-High-Male-Leg-Shortening-Tutorial-362422493

Ah!  Thanks:)

See?  Told you!  Hella stupid!  I could have just looked up the artist's name :rolleyes:

That's a neat tutorial!  I'd like to try it just to see if I could do it.

Tuney:  That's gonna be such a awesome doll!  You must show us how she looks when you've finished her!

Thanks for the case assortments on the PD line.  I've been waiting for this news since the pics of the dolls were shown.  I bought all the wave 1 PD girls a few days ago for fear of missing them, but I probably could have waited.  Oh well.  Now I don't have to worry at all:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 09, 2013, 08:19:32 PM »
Arrgh if they're gonna remove Spectra from the case, I better get one before she's all gone. >,<;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 09, 2013, 10:28:28 PM »
Why ewmove Spectra and keep Abbey? Spectra is more popular, at least here and Abbey is everywhere, so I don't really get it.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 09, 2013, 11:45:49 PM »
This promo pic of the new Classroom dolls is from BBTS. We finally get a decent picture of Ghoulia and Cleo! Are Ghoulia's shoes repaints of her comic book fashion pack shoes?

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:47:28 PM by Bow Tie »
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

elonni

« Reply #896 on: April 09, 2013, 11:46:53 PM »
Maybe that's just me being stupid again, but I don't get the people making customs of characters that are already announced to come out at one point for sure.
I mean, hey, they can do whatever they want and I'm a big fan of custom dolls, but it seems like such a waste of time (and another MH doll) to try to create something when you know you can have the original toy standing on your shelf sooner or later.

My thoughts exactly.. don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful custom, but.. come on, September isn't that far away, is it? :/

Ooh, new promo pics! :frolic: -rushes to look at-

I feel the same way. Why bother? Right? But Im sort of glad they did it, because it lets me see the concept made reality. I can see how the design works on a real doll... And I have to admit, Im not loving it :( I hope that she looks a lot nicer when she is factory made. I can't put my finger on what I dont like.. maybe the glitter? I still like the art for her though. So I guess we will see! :D

I'm for this with pre-release dolls, because really I think it's people trying to make extra money by making the concept first, because there are plenty of folks who don't realize it's just a custom. On the other hand, customs of out of circulation or hard to find dolls are fine with me, because not many want to pay a ton for a plastic toy.

And also, that amount of glitter is an atrocity; it looks like a dollar store giftbox- way too tacky.

Yeah, like me, apparently. I feel a bit stupid now, should have checked better before posting.  :blush:

Maybe when they started making the custom they weren't sure if she was actually getting a release? And once they started they just figured keep making her?

Or maybe people hear the news and see the character concept on the Internet and they decide to make a custom so that they (and others) can have an idea of what it will really look like? Not to mention that this custom will be big news for a while before the "real" one comes out.

Frankie Stein

« Reply #897 on: April 09, 2013, 11:49:57 PM »
This promo pic of the new Classroom dolls is from BBTS. We finally get a decent picture of Ghoulia and Cleo! Are Ghoulia's shoes repaints of her comic book fashion pack shoes?

Thats what I was thinking :)

Offline sakuralu

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 10, 2013, 12:34:37 AM »
There is also 13 wishes doll and one 13 wishes playset *-*

But no pictures.

I've read one of the new doll called Twyla but it seems it will be Tewyla

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #899 on: April 10, 2013, 03:18:06 AM »

You aren't stupid. I think I put the wrong links in. I'll edit it when I get back to my desktop. >.< I thought I had linked to deviantart. Thanks Frankie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal