collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 42176 times)

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #555 on: March 31, 2013, 09:13:12 AM »
My Target is still full of Gloom Beach and Skull Shores 5 packs. If I bought Gloom Beach just so I can have Ghoulia how easy would it be to sell off the others? Although I'm loving Clawdeen's outfit.

Do you think they'll still have them in a month or 2?

Hard to say when they'll finally get tired of these warming their shelves. Especially if they end up with new multi-packs coming in. I don't get why they haven't discounted them since what was it black friday?

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 31, 2013, 10:12:00 AM »
I like my photos without watermarks and I kinda feel bad that I have to brand my pictures with one to prevent theft, but it really pisses me off when people takes content that doesn't belong to them originally and claim it as theirs just by adding their boojy watermark to it. *Cough* eBaumsworld *cough*

What next, am I gonna have to put hella watermarks to my photos so they can't cover it up?!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I can't even see the picture anymore!!

I hate art thieves with a burning passion.
It's even worse when you find out they're selling your artworks. One of my friends had that happen to her one time. She was on vacation and while walking past a tattoo studio she saw one of her designs in the display window (!!!)

Sadly, plastering a pic with watermarks is often the only way to prevent theft. I'm no fan of that - it somehow ruins the pic - but I did subtle watermarks in the past and most of the time when people ended up stealing something, they just erased it (colored over it, copy-pasted another part of the background over it, etc).

And some people even have the audacity to point out that the character you have drawn or taken a pic of doesn't belong to you anyways, so it's all fair game. Argh!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 31, 2013, 10:13:33 AM »
Can anyone tell from the leaked photos what color Ghouls Night Out Ghoulia's eyeshadow is? Overall, she looks very similar to Scaris Ghoulia (who I am debating buying). Since I'd like GNO Ghoulia's dress, it would make sense to just buy her eventually IF she has blue eye shadow like the Scaris version!

Any thoughts?

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 31, 2013, 11:44:41 AM »
Tuney, what photos are you talking about specifically?
I only know of one leaked photo and in that one Ghoulia's eyeshadow is completely covered by her glasses :/

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 31, 2013, 11:55:36 AM »
Tuney, what photos are you talking about specifically?
I only know of one leaked photo and in that one Ghoulia's eyeshadow is completely covered by her glasses :/

Yes, that's the one I'm talking about. Wasn't sure if anyone had tried magnifying it, or if there were any clearer shots!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 31, 2013, 12:04:30 PM »
I like my photos without watermarks and I kinda feel bad that I have to brand my pictures with one to prevent theft, but it really pisses me off when people takes content that doesn't belong to them originally and claim it as theirs just by adding their boojy watermark to it. *Cough* eBaumsworld *cough*

What next, am I gonna have to put hella watermarks to my photos so they can't cover it up?!
I can't even see the picture anymore!!

I hate art thieves with a burning passion.
It's even worse when you find out they're selling your artworks. One of my friends had that happen to her one time. She was on vacation and while walking past a tattoo studio she saw one of her designs in the display window (!!!)

Sadly, plastering a pic with watermarks is often the only way to prevent theft. I'm no fan of that - it somehow ruins the pic - but I did subtle watermarks in the past and most of the time when people ended up stealing something, they just erased it (colored over it, copy-pasted another part of the background over it, etc).

And some people even have the audacity to point out that the character you have drawn or taken a pic of doesn't belong to you anyways, so it's all fair game. Argh!

Even companies steal fanart-  This promotional photo of the new Jem dolls (used by Integrity and Hasbro to advertise the new line) was copied directly from a very well known piece of fanart...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Even though Jem belongs to Hasbro -  it might have been nice if they'd dropped him a message to the effect of "we loved your artwork and it has inspired us to take some pretty cool new photos of the new dolls! Thanks and here's a free doll!!! (No such luck).

shivvy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #561 on: March 31, 2013, 02:41:01 PM »
My Target finally marked down their SS 5 packs, but I still don't think any of them have sold. Too bad I don't really like most of the SS dolls, or it would be a good deal at 44 dollars. If anyone sees a marked down GB pack though make sure to drop me a line :lol:

animal_lover

« Reply #562 on: March 31, 2013, 04:19:38 PM »
My Target is still full of Gloom Beach and Skull Shores 5 packs. If I bought Gloom Beach just so I can have Ghoulia how easy would it be to sell off the others? Although I'm loving Clawdeen's outfit.

Hard to say when they'll finally get tired of these warming their shelves. Especially if they end up with new multi-packs coming in. I don't get why they haven't discounted them since what was it black friday?

Are they still like $60 or whatever?

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #563 on: March 31, 2013, 04:24:46 PM »

Are they still like $60 or whatever?

I haven't been to Target in a few weeks. They were $54 when I last looked. If Shivvy has seen some marked down I'll  have to go take a look and see if my Target has marked down too. I'll get paid this week and be able to fund a frivolous purchase of dolls.  :)

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 31, 2013, 04:28:07 PM »
they'll be on the shelves until the new dance class 5-pack starts replacing it for christmas season ... just like the ss pack before it that replaced the GB set ... they share a stock number and they won't mark it down cause that'd mark down the new dc set when that hits too ...

and they go on/off sale fairly regularly at target ... jut depends on if they put the dign up or not nd if it gets knocked down ... sitting ont e bottom shelf like they do i find it usually gets knocked down, or that some moron pulls it down to show someone
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

animal_lover

« Reply #565 on: March 31, 2013, 04:34:21 PM »
If you could pick one up for me that would be ridiculously awesome! The only problem is I have no money and don't have any idea when I will. So I understand if you don't wanna deal with that. Even if they're marked down that's still a lot of money to wait for.

shivvy

« Reply #566 on: March 31, 2013, 10:52:48 PM »
If you could pick one up for me that would be ridiculously awesome! The only problem is I have no money and don't have any idea when I will. So I understand if you don't wanna deal with that. Even if they're marked down that's still a lot of money to wait for.
I'm afraid I don't have the fluid cash to sit on it long, but I think I saw they were marked down nationally on target.com, so you might still find one for that price when you do have the money.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 11:00:01 PM by shivvy »

animal_lover

« Reply #567 on: April 01, 2013, 04:02:43 AM »
I found skull shores on the website, but not gloom beach. :(

The werewolf sisters are also dwindling. :( unless they keep making them and target gets more in.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 01, 2013, 04:13:48 AM »
For EU collectors, especially Scandinavians!

have you had DDG over in your countries? We had it for a month or two and then it vanished. i wonder why? maybe they didn't order any more when Picture Day and Ghouls alive were "new" here.

Come to think of it, where do EU collectors find out what sets are coming here and what aren't. i know that the UK gets some of the exclusives in their stores, but what about Germany or other countries. We get none of the exclusives.

Except the Werecat sisters, were they a TRU exclusive?

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #569 on: April 01, 2013, 08:31:56 AM »
LOL mattel posted this link at the MH facebook page, I guess is a april fools joke, but is pretty juicy  :enthralled:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152075467392481&set=a.430626137480.197288.225525412480&type=1&theater

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 08:34:53 AM by Sapphire-Light »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal