collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 42049 times)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #510 on: March 29, 2013, 12:34:08 PM »
*head desk* Durr, I just got it...>,>;

:P
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 29, 2013, 12:42:40 PM »
My Target is still full of Gloom Beach and Skull Shores 5 packs. If I bought Gloom Beach just so I can have Ghoulia how easy would it be to sell off the others? Although I'm loving Clawdeen's outfit.

I'm interested in the Gloom Beach five pack, I'm pretty sure many of the dolls can be easy to sell. They aren't readily available anymore and we never had them her in the snowy North.

Post Merge: March 29, 2013, 12:44:41 PM

I like my photos without watermarks and I kinda feel bad that I have to brand my pictures with one to prevent theft, but it really pisses me off when people takes content that doesn't belong to them originally and claim it as theirs just by adding their boojy watermark to it. *Cough* eBaumsworld *cough*

What next, am I gonna have to put hella watermarks to my photos so they can't cover it up?!

I can't even see the picture anymore!!

OMG I think I just went cross eyed from the watermarks! The picture under them is super cute though! I love the shade of green and Venus' pose!

Where can I see your other pics Luvly? Exept on that MH FB group that is (bad joke)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:46:31 PM by Nana-Rena »

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 29, 2013, 01:04:44 PM »
I haven't posted any recent ones, but I've mostly posted my MH pictures in the MH Pic Spam thread, as for my other dolls, I've made threads for them in the Dollhouse forums.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Refuse to Dance

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #513 on: March 29, 2013, 01:10:21 PM »
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 01:19:36 PM by Refuse to Dance »

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #514 on: March 29, 2013, 01:16:42 PM »
Facebook has removed all the ones I've reported. I found a number of other pages that were using my pics without permission as well. That seems to be the only real option, as there's the whole "lost in translation" issue plus these kids for the most part don't like being caught out. They've been removing all the comments and blocking all the people who were making them. Such little brats.

When I called out one page for stealing my photo of Flint taking a picture of Rochelle, the response I got (before I was blocked from the page) was that she'd found it on a blog. Yes, it was featured on the Gory Gazette blog. I think that is the answer ... these kids are trawling tumblr and other Facebook pages and when they see a pic they like, they download it and then upload it to their page without bothering to see that the original post had a link back to the source.

Offline Jenn77

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 29, 2013, 01:35:23 PM »
Facebook has removed all the ones I've reported. I found a number of other pages that were using my pics without permission as well. That seems to be the only real option, as there's the whole "lost in translation" issue plus these kids for the most part don't like being caught out. They've been removing all the comments and blocking all the people who were making them. Such little brats.

When I called out one page for stealing my photo of Flint taking a picture of Rochelle, the response I got (before I was blocked from the page) was that she'd found it on a blog. Yes, it was featured on the Gory Gazette blog. I think that is the answer ... these kids are trawling tumblr and other Facebook pages and when they see a pic they like, they download it and then upload it to their page without bothering to see that the original post had a link back to the source.

They still have a couple of yours up I am on there page now. I also notice my comment was removed. I reported them but I don't know if that will help because I haven't seen any of mine (liked themed want any lol) so that I could make a valid point to FB but i did tell them that photos that belonged to other people where being used w/o permission and that they where putting there own logo on it. While we are discussing it how can you make a water mark for your picture?
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

Offline Aerora

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 29, 2013, 01:50:29 PM »
My Target is still full of Gloom Beach and Skull Shores 5 packs. If I bought Gloom Beach just so I can have Ghoulia how easy would it be to sell off the others? Although I'm loving Clawdeen's outfit.
I'd definitely be interested in the Clawdeen if you sold her! :lovey:

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 29, 2013, 01:53:19 PM »
I hope mine is ok... I saved both my profile and signature pics from some webpage, and then uploaded them to my photobucket with link in the details about were I found it.... Hope thats ok...  :blush:

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 29, 2013, 02:05:26 PM »
I have a nude set of werecat twins for $25

Thanks, but I meant the WEREWOLF Sisters :rolleyes:  I fixed my post.

But it doesn't matter because I FOUND them!  Last set:)  That was the first time I saw this set in store!  I was just about to break down and buy from here, too.  Saved myself $20 and whatever in-box shipping would've been :crazy:  Very happy:)

BUT I had an awful shopping experience at Walmart:(  I was determined not to leave that store without a Catrine!  The website said they had her, she wasn't on the shelf so she HAD to be in the back (waiting for me ;) ) I asked for someone to page for assistance, and waited and waited with no answer.  Then I went to Customer Service and waited in line.  Then they paged again and I waited and waited, still no answer.  The C.S. rep walked all the way to the back with me and checked the back herself (I have to say, that was unexpected and something I'm truly greatful for) with no luck. 

I did find a Bratzillaz Vampelina (another HTF doll) so it wasn't a total loss.  I also had to wait in a crazy long line to check out.  I was in that stupid store for over an hour.  It wasn't like I was shopping around either.  I went straight back to toys, saw Catrine was not there, and the rest of time in the store was spent TRYING to be assisted:(  Usually I just leave.  I never bother people to look in the back.  If they don't have time to put it out, they don't have time to be bothered to look for it for me:)  BUT the website said they had it!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I work in retail.  I know what backrooms look like.  I wish I could have just went back there myself:(  I probably had more of an idea of what to look for than someone from C.S.

Sorry for unloading on you all (and changing the subject) but I had to share my happy/unhappy/happy again shopping experience.  Thanks for listening:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 29, 2013, 02:11:11 PM »
I have a nude set of werecat twins for $25

Thanks, but I meant the WEREWOLF Sisters :rolleyes:  I fixed my post.

But it doesn't matter because I FOUND them!  Last set:)  That was the first time I saw this set in store!  I was just about to break down and buy from here, too.  Saved myself $20 and whatever in-box shipping would've been :crazy:  Very happy:)

BUT I had an awful shopping experience at Walmart:(  I was determined not to leave that store without a Catrine!  The website said they had her, she wasn't on the shelf so she HAD to be in the back (waiting for me ;) ) I asked for someone to page for assistance, and waited and waited with no answer.  Then I went to Customer Service and waited in line.  Then they paged again and I waited and waited, still no answer.  The C.S. rep walked all the way to the back with me and checked the back herself (I have to say, that was unexpected and something I'm truly greatful for) with no luck. 

I did find a Bratzillaz Vampelina (another HTF doll) so it wasn't a total loss.  I also had to wait in a crazy long line to check out.  I was in that stupid store for over an hour.  It wasn't like I was shopping around either.  I went straight back to toys, saw Catrine was not there, and the rest of time in the store was spent TRYING to be assisted:(  Usually I just leave.  I never bother people to look in the back.  If they don't have time to put it out, they don't have time to be bothered to look for it for me:)  BUT the website said they had it!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I work in retail.  I know what backrooms look like.  I wish I could have just went back there myself:(  I probably had more of an idea of what to look for than someone from C.S.

Sorry for unloading on you all (and changing the subject) but I had to share my happy/unhappy/happy again shopping experience.  Thanks for listening:)

There are 12 on the shelf here... let me know if you want me to pick her up :)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 29, 2013, 02:12:47 PM »

They still have a couple of yours up I am on there page now. I also notice my comment was removed. I reported them but I don't know if that will help because I haven't seen any of mine (liked themed want any lol) so that I could make a valid point to FB but i did tell them that photos that belonged to other people where being used w/o permission and that they where putting there own logo on it. While we are discussing it how can you make a water mark for your picture?
I choose the fonts I like and make them transparent at 75% so they'll be preset and ready to be copy and pasted right away and save them as a .UFO file (Ulead PhotoImpact) and when I'm editing my pictures after a shoot, I open it up and choose which ever font I'm feeling and copy, paste and position, rotating if needed.

My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Jenn77

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 29, 2013, 02:27:24 PM »

I choose the fonts I like and make them transparent at 75% so they'll be preset and ready to be copy and pasted right away and save them as a .UFO file (Ulead PhotoImpact) and when I'm editing my pictures after a shoot, I open it up and choose which ever font I'm feeling and copy, paste and position, rotating if needed.

Ok great, thanks! :)
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

Offline pukunui

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #522 on: March 29, 2013, 02:29:47 PM »
They still have a couple of yours up I am on there page now.
Are you sure? I can't see any more of mine on the Monster High Rom page.

While we are discussing it how can you make a water mark for your picture?
I do mine in photoshop. I drop the opacity to 0% then add an inner bevel effect to make it look carved into the surface. Sometimes I use vanishing point to change the angle of the text to line it up with the surface.

I prefer my watermark to be subtle for aesthetic purposes. I know it makes them more susceptible to being stolen but even so. That being said, I have been considering changing my watermark to either my Flickr or my Facebook page URL rather than just "pukunui81".
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 02:39:18 PM by pukunui »

Offline Jenn77

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 29, 2013, 02:43:15 PM »
They still have a couple of yours up I am on there page now.
I must have missed some then, as all the ones I reported have been removed.

While we are discussing it how can you make a water mark for your picture?
I do mine in photoshop. I drop the opacity to 0% then add an inner bevel effect to make it look carved into the surface. Sometimes I use vanishing point to change the angle of the text to line it up with the surface.

I prefer my watermark to be subtle for aesthetic purposes. I know it makes them more susceptible to being stolen but even so. That being said, I have been considering changing my watermark to either my Flickr or my Facebook page URL rather than just "pukunui81".

I can see why you would like the subtle, you want people to pay more attention to the photo rather that your mark, but doing that with your url might help them from getting stolen better. Thanks for the info :)
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 29, 2013, 02:54:59 PM »
I prefer watermarks to be more "informational" so that I can easily find an artist I like:)  I do alot of image searches, and sometimes I can't figure out where they originally came from.  If I see something I like alot, I usually want to know who did it, and where I can find more of their work, whether it be a custom, a photo, or a drawing.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal