collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 42086 times)

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #495 on: March 29, 2013, 07:58:21 AM »
I'm guessing, from some of the posts on the FB page, that they don't speak English as a first language which might explain the somewhat confusing message you got.

Google translate (yes, I know) says the language they're posting in is Romanian.

That does make sense I should have thought of that, I thought at first that it might be kids.. Thanks for the info.. :)
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 29, 2013, 09:22:15 AM »
If anyone (with access to Amazon.com)  wants a ridiculously good deal on Jinafire or Skelita, they are both on amazon right now for $14!!!   Totally irresistible.  (Scaris Rochelle also seems to be $14) Here is a link to Skelita if you are lazy :D http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Travel-Scaris-Skelita-Calaveras/dp/B008B68IE0/ref=sr_1_4?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1364574002&sr=1-4&keywords=monster+high 

animal_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #497 on: March 29, 2013, 10:01:22 AM »
Is pd Cleo for green eye shadow sc Venus a good trade? I'd appreciate any input!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #498 on: March 29, 2013, 10:02:16 AM »
Zapper, now I'm curious about her, the promo pics didn't sell me on lagoona, do you have pics of yours? Often dolls grow on me immediately when i see them out of the box. This happened with Venus especially for me.

It's currently night time here and she really looks best in daylight, so I could take some for you tomorrow :)
But Saply's Swim Lagoona is also stunning. If this one doesn't sell you on her, mine probably won't do the trick either, haha!
Achoo! Thanks for the compliment xD That Lagoona is definitely worth picking up, at LEAST for the outfit.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 29, 2013, 10:47:23 AM »
I'm guessing, from some of the posts on the FB page, that they don't speak English as a first language which might explain the somewhat confusing message you got.

Google translate (yes, I know) says the language they're posting in is Romanian.
I thought they were speaking spanish from the way they're not speaking english on their posts.

Haven't seen any of mine.

I know trying to analyze it is a lost cause but from what I'm getting:

"We know their not ours, have you see the photos??

Sorry they're not using our watermark because these photos are not ours!"
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 29, 2013, 11:03:43 AM »
Yo Arena peeps! The people behind this Facebook page have not only been posting lots of people's MH photos without permission but they've also been slapping their own watermarks on them, sometimes even covering up the original watermark. If you see any of your photos, you can report them to the FB copyright team using this form.
Thanks for the heads up, puku! Found at least five of my pics on there, and recognized a bunch of others.  ^^;
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 29, 2013, 11:20:54 AM »
I never heard anything about "Elissabat" since the trademark was filed.  Was it ever confirmed what that actually ended up being?  If some of these trademark items become a Barbie product, I'd never know.  I only keep up with MH :huh:

Nope, I haven't heard anything about it since, either. And nothing more about the other one filed around the same time--"Viperine Gorgon" it was, I think? Wouldn't it be nice for us if the trademark filings specified which brand they're for instead of just Dolls...  :P

Thanks!  Thought I missed something there for a second :lol:

I NEED the Werecat WEREWOLF (Doh!) Sisters!  BUT I just checked Target's website and it says they are in just about all my stores :blink:  I think they are LYING to me :lol:  I'm constantly looking for them and they are never there!  I'm starting to lose my mind over here over these stupid dolls.  Anyway, I'm headed out right now (I also checked online for Catrine and ONE Walmart store has her.  My local!  So excited!) to get them :rolleyes:  If it's a bust, I'm totally taking you up on your offer, jeapos:)

Edit for stupidity!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 01:46:59 PM by justkitter »
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #502 on: March 29, 2013, 11:23:35 AM »
My Target is still full of Gloom Beach and Skull Shores 5 packs. If I bought Gloom Beach just so I can have Ghoulia how easy would it be to sell off the others? Although I'm loving Clawdeen's outfit.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #503 on: March 29, 2013, 11:25:34 AM »
My Target is still full of Gloom Beach and Skull Shores 5 packs. If I bought Gloom Beach just so I can have Ghoulia how easy would it be to sell off the others? Although I'm loving Clawdeen's outfit.

I'd take the Cleo and Frankie off of your hands for a good price :)

Refuse to Dance

« Reply #504 on: March 29, 2013, 11:58:59 AM »
Found Squirrel's, milky's MySweetQueen's, Pickle's,

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 29, 2013, 12:06:33 PM »
I never heard anything about "Elissabat" since the trademark was filed.  Was it ever confirmed what that actually ended up being?  If some of these trademark items become a Barbie product, I'd never know.  I only keep up with MH :huh:

Nope, I haven't heard anything about it since, either. And nothing more about the other one filed around the same time--"Viperine Gorgon" it was, I think? Wouldn't it be nice for us if the trademark filings specified which brand they're for instead of just Dolls...  :P

Thanks!  Thought I missed something there for a second :lol:

I NEED the Werecat Sisters!  BUT I just checked Target's website and it says they are in just about all my stores :blink:  I think they are LYING to me :lol:  I'm constantly looking for them and they are never there!  I'm starting to lose my mind over here over these stupid dolls.  Anyway, I'm headed out right now (I also checked online for Catrine and ONE Walmart store has her.  My local!  So excited!) to get them :rolleyes:  If it's a bust, I'm totally taking you up on your offer, jeapos:)

I have a nude set of werecat twins for $25

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 29, 2013, 12:13:32 PM »
I like my photos without watermarks and I kinda feel bad that I have to brand my pictures with one to prevent theft, but it really pisses me off when people takes content that doesn't belong to them originally and claim it as theirs just by adding their boojy watermark to it. *Cough* eBaumsworld *cough*

What next, am I gonna have to put hella watermarks to my photos so they can't cover it up?!

I can't even see the picture anymore!!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #507 on: March 29, 2013, 12:25:53 PM »
I like my photos without watermarks and I kinda feel bad that I have to brand my pictures with one to prevent theft, but it really pisses me off when people takes content that doesn't belong to them originally and claim it as theirs just by adding their boojy watermark to it. *Cough* eBaumsworld *cough*

What next, am I gonna have to put hella watermarks to my photos so they can't cover it up?!

I can't even see the picture anymore!!

Who's picture is that? Must be Pukunui's.  :lol:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 29, 2013, 12:28:28 PM »
It's actually mine. :P I would NEVER put my watermark on anyone else's picture even as a joke/statement, esp when the photo's original owner roams the area I'd post it. I made a new backdrop a few days ago and wanted to take several more pictures (both MH and other dolls) for a "huge" picture spam before posting them. Was supposed to be a surprise but I just blew it for myself. >_<; D'oh
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:30:36 PM by LuvlyMelody »
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #509 on: March 29, 2013, 12:32:26 PM »
It's actually mine. :P I would NEVER put my watermark on anyone else's picture even as a joke/statement, esp when the photo's original owner roams the area I'd post it. I made a new backdrop a few days ago and wanted to take several more pictures (both MH and other dolls) for a "huge" picture spam before posting them. Was supposed to be a surprise but I just blew it for myself. >_<; D'oh

Oh yes I knew it was yours. :P I was joking.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal