collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 42342 times)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #450 on: March 27, 2013, 09:30:35 AM »
That 2nd wave of swimline ghouls better contain Jinafire in it.

Does anyone know where I can buy the Panini Monster High Photo Cards Starter Pack binder in the USA?  I've seen the cards at Michaels (is there anywhere else you can buy them?)  but I've never seen the binder and I'm interested in owning it.
I've been wanting it too! Hannaliten said she got theirs from relatives oversea (If I remember correctly >,<), so I'm assuming it's intl exclusive since I haven't found it anywhere. :(

Other places I've seen them being sold is Target and Fred Meyers (kroger store)
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Frankie Stein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #451 on: March 27, 2013, 09:34:14 AM »
Ok just a random Question. i just opened my Cleo and Deuce set (i found two the other day..one is up for sale) anyway, I want to know how do you de-tinsel a dolls hair and is it normal for her to have really stiff joints??

Some members de tinsel with an xacto knife and cut as close to the scalp as possible with that. :)
And about the joints, some start out stiff... Just run some hot water over them and they should loosen up and move better :P

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 27, 2013, 09:55:05 AM »
I find it waayy easier and cleaner to use a tweezers and/or a small pliers and just rip the tinsel out close to the root. That way it's good and truly removed, not just hiding.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 27, 2013, 10:38:18 AM »
More Swim Dolls would be great! I only have Lagoona, as I have to watch my doll/toy money very carefully, but if I had more money to spare I would have bought Venus and Lala as well (even though she had no fangs, whut).

I just love their vibrant colors and the retro chic!
I've never liked all dolls in one line, but I adore the Swim Dolls so far :)

Did you get the swim dolls over in Germany? None to be seen here and I have been cruising my local stores, while picking up dolls for members and I just noticed that the DDG wave II seemed to just vanish. They aren't available in any webstores either. They were here for maybe... 2 months or so. You still have them in Germany?

We didn't get the Swim Line here in Germany :(
I got Lagoona from a member here. She is my favorite from the line, probably my favorite Lagoona so far. The neon coral on her, her huge round shades and the cute hippie look - gnnn! :heart:

WildLace

« Reply #454 on: March 27, 2013, 10:56:09 AM »
Thanks guys for the advice  :biggrin:

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 27, 2013, 12:39:56 PM »
Zapper, now I'm curious about her, the promo pics didn't sell me on lagoona, do you have pics of yours? Often dolls grow on me immediately when i see them out of the box. This happened with Venus especially for me.

faunabay

« Reply #456 on: March 27, 2013, 01:00:24 PM »
I haven't noticed anyone talking about this but I realized my Scaris Lagoona has different colored forearms and hands.  I'm not that picky about my dolls but I'm not liking this!!!   :(

All Lagoonas are like that. They are clear for the fins and webbed fingers and then they are painted.
Thank you for explaining.  Lagoona has never been one of my fav dolls so the Scaris one is the first one I've really liked enough to look at closely.   :blush:  Although I pulled out my wave 2 earlier today to see about possibly rerooting her to a darker color and realized I liked her now.    :biggrin:

WildLace

« Reply #457 on: March 27, 2013, 01:24:54 PM »
I just cannot contain my excitement!!!! :frolic: Normally MH dolls take about 6 months to a year after the US release date for them to make their way here, But today I had a pleasant surprise!! The Scaris dolls are here!! and it has only been 3 months!!! YAY!!!!  :green: I have only seen Deuce, Draculaura and Abbey.

My Sister said she saw Frankie. I got her hooked on MH last week when I bought her one. She has been teasing me since last year about my dolls saying in her mommy voice "a 23-year old shouldn't play with dolls" So I decided enough was enough it was time to turn her to the dark side. I bought her a Classroom Ghoulia, I figured if my plan backfired I could have her. Anyway It was instant LOVE  :inlove:. Now she is bugging me for more and searching stores for ones that she likes. Now she is a 26-year old with dolls  :biggrin: problem solved  :green:

So this week has been good. Not only did I find a Cleo and Deuce set, got my sister off my back and Scaris made it to my side in half the Normal time!!  :lol:

Sorry I just had to share  :biggrin:

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 27, 2013, 01:30:16 PM »
Score! I just bought Sig Frankie and DT1 Lala, plus the first hardcover book, for $10 off a local BST group on Facebook.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 27, 2013, 01:32:18 PM »
Does anyone know where I can buy the Panini Monster High Photo Cards Starter Pack binder in the USA?  I've seen the cards at Michaels (is there anywhere else you can buy them?)  but I've never seen the binder and I'm interested in owning it.
I've been wanting it too! Hannaliten said she got theirs from relatives oversea (If I remember correctly >,<), so I'm assuming it's intl exclusive since I haven't found it anywhere. :(

Other places I've seen them being sold is Target and Fred Meyers (kroger store)

Darn it.  I was wondering if it was only an overseas thing.  :(   Thanks for letting me know!
I don't think we have any Fred Meyers stores around here.  I'll check out my Target to see if they have the cards.  The Michaels stores near me all ran out of them. *whistles innocently*

Score! I just bought Sig Frankie and DT1 Lala, plus the first hardcover book, for $10 off a local BST group on Facebook.

Wow!  That's quite a steal!  Congratulations!!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:34:59 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

WildLace

« Reply #460 on: March 27, 2013, 01:33:54 PM »

I see those Cards and Binders all over by me. I can pick up a set for you if you want

Congrats on your find!!! I am still looking for a DT1 Lala and Cleo. I will find them one day  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:42:52 PM by WildLace »

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 27, 2013, 02:00:18 PM »
Good going WildLace! you seem to have the travel dolls from Scaris, the deluxe ones are sure to follow. or they might be there already if your sister saw them. Which ones are you going to get?

WildLace

« Reply #462 on: March 27, 2013, 02:18:40 PM »
Good going WildLace! you seem to have the travel dolls from Scaris, the deluxe ones are sure to follow. or they might be there already if your sister saw them. Which ones are you going to get?

I really like jinafire and Rochelle, but I like Clawdeen too. I also Like the Ghoulia and Draculaura. i cant choose which one I want first..it is so hard they are all to beautiful!!  :drunk:

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #463 on: March 27, 2013, 02:19:24 PM »
I caved and bought the Scaris 2-pack. This is my very first cleo! I originally wanted a cleo-free collection, but after I saw the special I felt guilty shipping Deuce with Rochelle. Garrot and Rochelle were just too cute! Plus even though Deuce was a weanie it finally got me to embrace the "Cleuce" thing. Lagoona was barely out of the box for ten minutes before her head was in a pot of boiling water, and now I'm loving her with plain old straight hair!  ^.^

WildLace

« Reply #464 on: March 27, 2013, 02:23:26 PM »
I caved and bought the Scaris 2-pack. This is my very first cleo! I originally wanted a cleo-free collection, but after I saw the special I felt guilty shipping Deuce with Rochelle. Garrot and Rochelle were just too cute! Plus even though Deuce was a weanie it finally got me to embrace the "Cleuce" thing. Lagoona was barely out of the box for ten minutes before her head was in a pot of boiling water, and now I'm loving her with plain old straight hair!  ^.^

The second I find the Scaris 2 pack it will be mine!!! And I will also have lagoona in a pot of hot water when i get her  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal