collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 41071 times)

JustHereForPictures

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #360 on: March 25, 2013, 04:15:43 AM »
Ah, awsome! How popular is MH in the UK? Here in Finland I have never had trouble finding dolls and I see Scaris Deuce regularly. MH was super popular before Christmas, all the stores were bare but now, most if not all of the newer dolls even the re-releases are pretty easy to find.

This makes me think that a) either we don't have that many collectors and b) parents still buy mostly Barbies for girls, because that's what girls have been wanting for generations. Although Bratz did overthrow them a decade or so ago. Barbies I mean.

I'm not sure how popular they are in the UK.

My local Sainsburys has lots of RM and Scaris right now but Argos has a bigger variety, though a number of them were either out of stock or had limited stock when I had a look. 

I've only seen one Deuce and he came home with me.

This is the first kitty doll I've had a chance at getting. I wasn't into them when Toralei came out (and now I can't find or afford her) and while Meowlody and Purrsephone look amazing I'm hesitant to drop £30 on the twin pack (which is still available here).

Right now the only dolls I really want are Dot Dead Gorgeous Operetta (hopefully soon), Catty Noir and then waiting for a re-release of one of the boys with proper hair (not that I don't love Deuce, but it would be nice to have a boy with hair).

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 25, 2013, 04:28:01 AM »
Wait, do I spot the letter "B" in her jewelry? Guess I was right about her clothes being borrowed from Barbie ;)
She still isn't doing anything for me, lol!

I think it's supposed to be a "13".

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 25, 2013, 06:12:40 AM »
I am so excited for Catty!!!  What a great year for dolls:).

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

animal_lover

« Reply #363 on: March 25, 2013, 07:37:08 AM »
Just found a RM clawdeen at Walmart last night! She was just laying on the shelf mixed in with a bunch of the posters and what not. I was so excited I almost screamed.  :lol:  The box is in near perfect shape regardless of just being tossed on the shelf in a pile of stuff. And even though I'm def no expert at spotting eye wonk and flaws, her face up looks almost perfect to me!

My roller maze team is now complete if you ask me! (No abbey, but I HATE this version of her.)

I'm so EXCITED!  :biggrin:

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 25, 2013, 08:46:19 AM »
I'm so excited for Catty!!! Can it be September yet? :lol:

-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 25, 2013, 08:48:21 AM »

^^ LIKE!! Not only is she coming out! But my daughters birthday is the 17th of September... Hopefully I can surprise her with this :D

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 25, 2013, 08:50:54 AM »

Too many pretty things :freak:
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 25, 2013, 08:59:42 AM »
I was hoping they would give Venus new makeup, but it appears to be the same as her basic. D: Abbey and Spectra are notorious for having the same make up. I'm disappointed that it's happening to Venus as well. :(
-Bow Tie

Offline Nana-Rena

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 25, 2013, 09:03:04 AM »
Ah, awsome! How popular is MH in the UK? Here in Finland I have never had trouble finding dolls and I see Scaris Deuce regularly. MH was super popular before Christmas, all the stores were bare but now, most if not all of the newer dolls even the re-releases are pretty easy to find.

This makes me think that a) either we don't have that many collectors and b) parents still buy mostly Barbies for girls, because that's what girls have been wanting for generations. Although Bratz did overthrow them a decade or so ago. Barbies I mean.

I'm not sure how popular they are in the UK.

My local Sainsburys has lots of RM and Scaris right now but Argos has a bigger variety, though a number of them were either out of stock or had limited stock when I had a look. 

I've only seen one Deuce and he came home with me.

This is the first kitty doll I've had a chance at getting. I wasn't into them when Toralei came out (and now I can't find or afford her) and while Meowlody and Purrsephone look amazing I'm hesitant to drop £30 on the twin pack (which is still available here).

Right now the only dolls I really want are Dot Dead Gorgeous Operetta (hopefully soon), Catty Noir and then waiting for a re-release of one of the boys with proper hair (not that I don't love Deuce, but it would be nice to have a boy with hair).

The Finnish TRU website has the twins on sale for 29.90 € I know the difference isn't too big in pounds but still. I am sure they ship abroad

animal_lover

« Reply #369 on: March 25, 2013, 09:20:10 AM »
I have the twins for sale as well!

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 25, 2013, 09:36:11 AM »
Hmm, she might be a tiny bit taller than Spectra in the pic, but, she also has big hair, that might create that effect. On the other hand if she's a pop singer she might be older than the other ghouls, so Nefera mold is possible!

Do the clothes of other ghouls fit Nefera, since she has a different mold?
I'm betting she is Nefera's mold, because Spectra's eyes only come up to Catty's nose, so she is noticeably shorter

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 25, 2013, 09:37:24 AM »
Hmm, she might be a tiny bit taller than Spectra in the pic, but, she also has big hair, that might create that effect. On the other hand if she's a pop singer she might be older than the other ghouls, so Nefera mold is possible!

I'm betting she is Nefera's mold, because Spectra's eyes only come up to Catty's nose, so she is noticeably shorter

Either that or she's got some really high heels. XD
-Bow Tie

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #372 on: March 25, 2013, 09:41:09 AM »
I'm loving Catty! But this is getting depressing. I literally have nothing to look for! I have everything I want that is currently on the shelves, so will the new lines hurry up and come already??

Offline Nana-Rena

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 25, 2013, 09:50:41 AM »

True, you are right. i looked again and Spectra is noticeably shorter than Catty

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 25, 2013, 09:54:08 AM »

You can see an outline of Ghoulia, Rochelle and Clawdeen in the crowd! I bet if we didn't see the leaked pictures of the four, this could've been a clue to see who else coulda came out in the set. XD

I'm loving Catty! But this is getting depressing. I literally have nothing to look for! I have everything I want that is currently on the shelves, so will the new lines hurry up and come already??
I feel the same, but at the same time kinda glad because I don't have any money to be getting them while they'd be out. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal