collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 42463 times)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2013, 08:42:06 PM »
So I heard from somewhere here that supposedely Picture Day Cleo is getting hard to find? I'm very curious. If so, I'm glad I picked her up when I had the chance. I never see her anywhere when I'm out, so I'm wondering if she is becoming elusive.

A few days ago I was talking about my doll not selling or something and PD Cleo was one of them. Everyone said it was because all the dolls I had were current and still easily accessible in stores. Now she's hard to find?

Of the PD dolls she is one of the harder to find... that doesnt mean that she isnt available in stores. You can also buy her off the TRU website... So she is by no means truely "Hard to find". When we are talking about hard to find dolls we are talking about those that are NOT readily available, as in they are not being made and shipped to stores anymore. Like the original wave 1 dolls or the DotD dolls. Some stores sell out faster than others... Some dolls sell faster than others. Some stores sell none of certain dolls... Its all supply and demand in your area.

^This! Because she only ships one per case, she is a lot harder to find in a sea of Spectra, Draculaura and Abbey who ship two per case depending on which case it is. Supply and demand is also a huge variable. Draculaura could be super popular in my area and is nowhere to be seen, but in your are she could be overflowing the shelves.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

animal_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2013, 08:52:15 PM »
Hmm. Ok.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2013, 09:22:05 PM »
So I heard from somewhere here that supposedely Picture Day Cleo is getting hard to find? I'm very curious. If so, I'm glad I picked her up when I had the chance. I never see her anywhere when I'm out, so I'm wondering if she is becoming elusive.

A few days ago I was talking about my doll not selling or something and PD Cleo was one of them. Everyone said it was because all the dolls I had were current and still easily accessible in stores. Now she's hard to find?

Of the PD dolls she is one of the harder to find... that doesnt mean that she isnt available in stores. You can also buy her off the TRU website... So she is by no means truely "Hard to find". When we are talking about hard to find dolls we are talking about those that are NOT readily available, as in they are not being made and shipped to stores anymore. Like the original wave 1 dolls or the DotD dolls. Some stores sell out faster than others... Some dolls sell faster than others. Some stores sell none of certain dolls... Its all supply and demand in your area.

^This! Because she only ships one per case, she is a lot harder to find in a sea of Spectra, Draculaura and Abbey who ship two per case depending on which case it is. Supply and demand is also a huge variable. Draculaura could be super popular in my area and is nowhere to be seen, but in your are she could be overflowing the shelves.

Exactly... in my area alone, if I were to add all the Cleo's I have seen sitting on the shelf... I would be swamped! Lol... at my Walmart alone there are about 12... At the one by my school, there are 2... At the walmart by me there are about 3 PD Lala's...  At the one by my school 8+... Thats not even entering in the 3 other walmarts in the area that I go to, as well as the Targets and the one Kmart and the 2 justice's in the area...

Amd as I said earlier, available at TRU.com, Kmart.com and the justice website
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:26:14 PM by mejohnson85 »

animal_lover

« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2013, 03:05:01 AM »
Hmm..we never seem to have a lot of anything for long. It kinda makes me afraid I won't be able to find any of the new dolls. Even if I had the money. :/

I wonder if its because of high demand or if they don't get a lot of stuff in for my area. Or maybe both? Maybe there's a high demand but only limited quantities ordered?

MissSleepless

« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2013, 03:49:01 AM »
Daydreaming on the bus yesterday.
Do you know what I'd love? Monster High Petites. Get on that mattel, I want tiny dolls to photograph...

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2013, 06:40:48 AM »
Been working on this for a few weeks now. and its still a work in progress (needs more shadowing). Its My OC Sunnie Bunny and Mikey from Nickelodeon's Ninja Turtles.

I used a Cleo and Deuce Picture as a reference and I'm quite happy to how I was able to make it my own.

Since its almost done I thought I'd share  :satisfied:
:blink: I took this photo yesterday, I kid you not! I wasn't going to post it because that white dot in the background bugs me.

Your picture is so cute, Sunnie!
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline cloverofmist

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2013, 08:41:29 AM »
Question: Dance Class oppie. who has her have you noticed splitting at the knee??? my friend sent me my set from utah and when i opened her i noticed her knee was split at the seem.. so i contacted mattel who gladly sent me a replacement doll but when she arrived yesterday she was also split the same way... What should I do?? contact mattel again or return this one to the store and get a different doll????

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2013, 09:13:34 AM »
that seems to happen with a lot of the basic dolls. my Oppie doesnt have that, but i had a deuce that did. and i've seen SC Venus's with the same problem.

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2013, 09:33:11 AM »
I'm really debating on whether or not to grab ST Clawdeen. I had her when she first came out, but I ended up selling her. She's very pretty. I should probably get on that before they disappear completely. :lol: Well look at that. They're $19.99 instead of $24.99. It's a sign. :lol:
-Bow Tie

animal_lover

« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2013, 09:35:48 AM »
So to everyone that lives in areas that got hit by this last storm, PLEASE BE CAREFUL! I just slid off the road and hit a tree going to an appointment. Something I could have easily just rescheduled. And now my insurance is going to go up and my car is pretty badly messed up. Thank god it was a tree and not someone else and that I'm fine. JUST STAY OFF THE ROADS!

end rant.

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2013, 09:42:27 AM »
I'm really debating on whether or not to grab ST Clawdeen. I had her when she first came out, but I ended up selling her. She's very pretty. I should probably get on that before they disappear completely. :lol: Well look at that. They're $19.99 instead of $24.99. It's a sign. :lol:
Yeah I saw that sale! I can't decide between getting Scary Tales or the ghouls alive (also on sale for $19.99) . I'm also tempted to get Bratzillaz switch-a-witch, especially since they're compatible with the CAMs!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:44:17 AM by heftysmurf76 »

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2013, 09:44:36 AM »
Yeah I saw that sale! I can't decide between getting Scary Tales or the ghouls alive (alos on sale for $19.99) . I'm also tempted to get Bratzillaz switch-a-witch, especially since they're compaitbale with teh CAMs!

The problem is that I really shouldn't be getting more dolls. Especially since I'm trying to cut down to mostly just Cleo and Lagoona, but ST Clawdeen is just so pretty!!! :cry:

So to everyone that lives in areas that got hit by this last storm, PLEASE BE CAREFUL! I just slid off the road and hit a tree going to an appointment. Something I could have easily just rescheduled. And now my insurance is going to go up and my car is pretty badly messed up. Thank god it was a tree and not someone else and that I'm fine. JUST STAY OFF THE ROADS!

end rant.

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that! I hope you are ok! :cry:
-Bow Tie

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2013, 09:46:08 AM »

The problem is that I really shouldn't be getting more dolls. Especially since I'm trying to cut down to mostly just Cleo and Lagoona, but ST Clawdeen is just so pretty!!! :cry:

Normally I'd be in the same boat with ya, but I have a 25$ Target gift card burning a hole in my pocket, LOL

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2013, 09:48:28 AM »

Normally I'd be in the same boat with ya, but I have a 25$ Target gift card burning a hole in my pocket, LOL

Ha! Nice. I don't have anything like that. Just the Target Debit Card. :lol:
-Bow Tie

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2013, 10:11:30 AM »
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 10:33:59 AM by Mandy85 »