collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 42323 times)

YellowCat

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2013, 10:27:32 AM »
So, I think I'm buying myself a new dolly when I get out of work tonight.  After all the crap I've gone through in the past couple of days I deserve one.  Hopefully Meijers has Skellita, I've been seeing her there but it's always been when I haven't had any money.

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2013, 10:54:09 AM »
How much and how hard to find are the PD dolls in Canada? I'm wondering if I should just break down and buy the ones that I want online from the US.

I still see PD dolls on the shelves every time I go shopping.  Right now they're on sale at Walmart for $25 I think.  There definitely seem to be plenty, so I can't imagine you'll have a problem finding them if you're looking.

The reason I was concerned is that I'm 4 hours away from a Walmart, and have no idea when I'm going to be able to get to a store that carries dolls. With the speculation that the Wave 2 dolls will completely replace Wave 1, I was worried that wave 1 stock would be dwindling by the time I could get to a store. But I'm good now, my boyfriend told me that it was okay for me to order a few dolls from Amazon.com and send them to his house. So I got Scaris Rochelle, PD Draculaura, PD Cleo, and PD Spectra.

All of those are on sale on Amazon right now by the way, for $16.99, except Cleo who is $18.86.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2013, 10:57:33 AM »
Does anyone's Targets have the Apptivity figures on clearance? I'm hoping to get two Lagoonas, but none of the stores near me have them on clearance and I don't want to pay $10 a piece for 'em. D:
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2013, 11:08:12 AM »
How much and how hard to find are the PD dolls in Canada? I'm wondering if I should just break down and buy the ones that I want online from the US.

I still see PD dolls on the shelves every time I go shopping.  Right now they're on sale at Walmart for $25 I think.  There definitely seem to be plenty, so I can't imagine you'll have a problem finding them if you're looking.

The reason I was concerned is that I'm 4 hours away from a Walmart, and have no idea when I'm going to be able to get to a store that carries dolls. With the speculation that the Wave 2 dolls will completely replace Wave 1, I was worried that wave 1 stock would be dwindling by the time I could get to a store. But I'm good now, my boyfriend told me that it was okay for me to order a few dolls from Amazon.com and send them to his house. So I got Scaris Rochelle, PD Draculaura, PD Cleo, and PD Spectra.

All of those are on sale on Amazon right now by the way, for $16.99, except Cleo who is $18.86.

Nice to see that you're getting some of your want list :) One thing to remember with MH in Canada is that we are generally several months behind the US in release dates for the signature dolls (but not the special lines... do not understand). The PD dolls came out in November for the US. They didn't really pop up here until after Christmas. Last year we were three months behind on the signatures. It's likely that we won't see PD Wave 2 until the summer.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2013, 11:52:49 AM »
We are getting Picture Day wave 2 here in New Zealand in May. We're usually 3-4 months behind. Maybe you will get them in Canada at the same time?

We're also getting CAMs for the first time in May!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2013, 12:47:56 PM »
Concerning Picture Day, do you guys think they will change Oppie's mask to the promo and box art design?
After what happened with Swim Venus and the wrong eye shadow, it could be a possibility. At least I hope so. Because I really want her to have that cool new mask :(

elonni

« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2013, 01:27:46 PM »

The latest releases here in Finland have been the Ghouls Alive dolls. They are everywhere. Sig Draculauras, Frankies and Clawdeens can also be found again, though probably not for long.

I'm anxiously waiting for Twyla to be released, she looks gorgeous! I love the royal blue, green and purple combo.

animal_lover

« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2013, 02:03:57 PM »
How much are the signature dolls overseas? Are the packages different? And does anyone know how much international shipping is?

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2013, 02:09:44 PM »
Does anyone's Targets have the Apptivity figures on clearance? I'm hoping to get two Lagoonas, but none of the stores near me have them on clearance and I don't want to pay $10 a piece for 'em. D:

I just checked one for you after lunch and there wasn't anything :( all they had was the fruit ninja ones. We just had em on sale a couple weeks ago too, baaah!
I hope you can find them soon.  :hug:

We are getting Picture Day wave 2 here in New Zealand in May. We're usually 3-4 months behind. Maybe you will get them in Canada at the same time?

That's so exciting!! Yay for CAMS~

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2013, 02:15:42 PM »
How much are the signature dolls overseas? Are the packages different? And does anyone know how much international shipping is?
1) The dolls usually cost more outside the US. For instance, a signature MH doll retails for NZ$35 here in New Zealand. That's roughly US$29.

2) Yes, the packages are more basic as they have to accommodate more languages. The diaries for the signature dolls are shorter, too, as again they will be translated into multiple languages.

3) Depends on the country. Some countries, like Australia and Spain, charge a lot for shipping internationally. Then again, the USPS just significantly increased its international shipping prices too, so you could say it costs a lot to ship from the US as well.  :huh:

That's so exciting!! Yay for CAMS~
:cheer:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2013, 02:31:38 PM »
So, I think I'm buying myself a new dolly when I get out of work tonight.  After all the crap I've gone through in the past couple of days I deserve one.  Hopefully Meijers has Skellita, I've been seeing her there but it's always been when I haven't had any money.
You should! it'll make you feel better after going through so much. I think I might do the same and get myself a new doll too. Hope you're feeling better!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2013, 02:53:43 PM »
Concerning Picture Day, do you guys think they will change Oppie's mask to the promo and box art design?
After what happened with Swim Venus and the wrong eye shadow, it could be a possibility. At least I hope so. Because I really want her to have that cool new mask :(

I sure hope so... I'm really glad I have everyone here to show me the differences in stuff.. Otherwise I might be clueless...

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2013, 03:38:52 PM »
OKay, guys. I need help. I'm taking a trip on Wednesday and I'm going to take ONE ghoul with me. Logic states that since I am going to a robotics competition that I should take Robecca, but I don't think she wants to go.... so who do you think???

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2013, 03:42:27 PM »
Ghoulia! She's such a nerd that I think she'd get a kick out of it :3!

On an unrelated note, I guess the Japanese site is live for MH and I watched the first episode. Kinda amusing how much I understood between seeing the episode already and all of the Japanese shows I watch XD. I also love how Google Translate translates out Draculaura's name. "Dorakyurora". Why must dolls be about $30 out of country I DO ENOUGH BUSINESS IN JAPAN TO SNAG MYSELF AN ORIGINAL CLAWDEEN AND FRANKIE /sob.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2013, 03:49:18 PM »
I remember seeing the japanese trailer in the previous thread, and enjoyed reading their names in Katakana. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal