collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Renaming Ponies?  (Read 644 times)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Renaming Ponies?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 11:05:21 PM »
The only one I've deliberately renamed is Gypsy to Tambourine because I don't want to call a pony a slur.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one bothered by that. :/ I know it was probably not intentional since many people do not know that it's a slur.

If I ever get one, I probably will start calling her Tamborine as well! I like that name a little more anyway. :wink: Another pony name I do not like is Steamer (I will spare you my mental images on that one!) so when I get one I already have plans to re-name him Lionel.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 11:08:08 PM »
The only one I've deliberately renamed is Gypsy to Tambourine because I don't want to call a pony a slur.
If I ever get one, I probably will start calling her Tamborine as well! I like that name a little more anyway. :wink: Another pony name I do not like is Steamer (I will spare you my mental images on that one!) so when I get one I already have plans to re-name him Lionel.

Tambourine is such a pretty word too. I love saying it. Lionel's a pretty nice name. I approve.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Alrak

• Wicked Pony of the West
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 08:57:41 AM »
I remember calling Cherry Treats "cerecitas" wich is spanish for little cherries.^^

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013, 09:50:30 AM »
A lot of my ponies got new names when I was little. n_n
Glory was Star Streak
Baby Quackers was Ducky
Baby Princess Sparkle was Crystal
Twins Jabber & Jebber were Tipsy and Topsy (I still think these names fit them a lot better!)
Baby Waddles was Flip
Baby Sweet Celebrations was Tufty, Mommie was Comie, and Daddy was Ribbons
Baby Sweetsteps was Tasie
Baby Rattles was Bunny (Tattles was tragically lost. :C )
Twins Puddles and Peeks were Dixie and Trixie
Powder was Powder Puff
High Flyer was Dragonfly
Teeny Tiny Whiskers was Trinket
Baby Cuddles was Rattles

Moondancer, Applejack, Lucky, Firefly, Blossom, Baby Milky Way all kept their original names.   I only remember because I wrote them all down in a mini paper pad that somehow miraculously survived all those years!
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

spookysage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 11:29:44 PM »
Growing up with just one pony, I called her "pony" - though all my Barbies had their own name. It was kind of a letdown when I found out the pony's name was Fifi. I mean, it's such a dull name when other ponies have names like Rainbow Dash and Cherries Jubilee! Haven't come up with a new one, though - I was better at naming toys when I was a kid, I guess. Josephine? Dogwalker? Euphrasie?!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 12:41:46 PM »
Fifi does seem kind of a surprise compared to most other Pony names! I wonder why they weren't more creative.

Which Fifi did you have? The white with blue hair, or the blue with pink hair?

spookysage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2013, 04:54:43 PM »
So Soft Fifi! Once I have more of an income I need to round her up some friends - I have a few blind bag ponies, but they come up to her knee... Come to think of it, I haven't named any of those either, probably because they're all Mane Six so far and I don't have any duplicates.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal