collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Least favorite dolls?  (Read 6795 times)

roselalonde

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Least favorite dolls?
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2013, 07:11:33 PM »
I like most of the dolls, but I'm really not too keen on CaMs. I don't like the face molds, the fact that a lot are incomplete makes me angry, their wigs are pretty atrocious, and really I'd rather spend my money on a Rochelle as opposed to the CaM Gargoyle. That being said, I actually do adore the Ice/Blob girl CaMs, mainly because there aren't any other Ice/Blob dolls.

Other dolls I'm not too fond of are RM Abbey and SS Frankie. I don't think short hair suits them well.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2013, 09:29:49 PM »
That being said, I actually do adore the Ice/Blob girl CaMs, mainly because there aren't any other Ice/Blob dolls.

Those are the only CAMs I like too. I got the cat/witch CAM and am trying to find the time to post it on eBay.   But the blog and ice girl are very unique. And pink + glitter = WIN.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2013, 07:13:58 AM »
I can't seem to bring myself to like any of the Ghoulia dolls. The only one I own is Scaris, and even her I bought mostly for her clothes. Still deciding whether I want to keep the doll or not.

Frankie's generally a bit meh for me too. I think it's got something to do with the streaky hair; not a big fan of that. I really like the GR version, though; probably because her hair's mostly black.

And any Clawdeen with all funky-colored hair. I don't mind colored streaks mixed with the brown, but all purple/green/etc.? No thank you. I especially don't like the GR version of her; that's the only doll that I've seen where I've not liked ANYTHING about her.
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2013, 07:22:18 AM »
There is one doll I absolutely loathe and that is Ghouls Rule Clawdeen. The outfit looks so hideous! It has those weird tassel thingies in the sleeves and the hair and lipstick, or mainly their colour... Ugh... She looks like a fashion disaster to me.

I didn't used to like Clawdeen in general at all. Now I notice that there are more and more Clawdeens that I really want, so I guess she has grown on me.

Lagoona on all her forms is irrelevant to me. I don't like her at all. Her outfits, colour scheme ans general design. i do like her on the webisodes though.

Picture Day Abbie, uh, her face looks very puffy and rodent-y and I hate her outfit.

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2013, 09:27:30 AM »
Their outfits are like a bad Hot Topic mallgoth nightmare.
:lol:

- Operetta. Her color scheme is fug.
- Skelita. The flounder eyes...
- Cleo. Boring, not very "monster" at all.
- Clawdeen. Not too "monster" either, definitely not very "wolf". Her sister is adorable though.
- The twin cats. They just look straight out of the 70s. :lol:
- Venus. The shaved head fuzz that falls off in water.
- Rochelle. Her facial expression of "why me" annoys me to no end.
- Draculaura. She's too plain. I know they have to have a constant "home run" though and she is it, since she is "cute" and pink.
- Holt. Does not interest me in the least, I think it's his coloration.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline NorthernFlower

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2013, 12:18:25 PM »
I dont like Draculaura`s and Frankie`s face molds at all  :huh:
They dont have any  interesting features.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2013, 01:42:42 PM »
Mhh... loking through this thread, I seem to be one of the few people who really like Cupid's lipstick (?)
Most of you seem to hate it.

I think it looks great! So... Baroque!
One day I'll style her hair to mimic those big powdered wigs. It'll go great with her make-up! ;)

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2013, 01:54:01 PM »
I get what they were going for with Cupid's lipstick, but for me it just doesn't work, somehow. i can't put my finger on it. I want to have my Cupid's lips repainted actually.

theamazingfetus

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2013, 02:03:54 PM »
I don't like any of the boy dolls at all. I tried to have them grow on me, but I just don't don't like any of their designs. I almost like Duece's design but his hair looks like a geeky bikers helmet.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2013, 01:29:49 PM »
.....One day I'll style her hair to mimic those big powdered wigs. It'll go great with her make-up! ;)

Ooooooh!  I bet that would look so perfect!

I've got 3(?) Cupids (don't ask :rolleyes:).  I'd like to have one with full painted lips, just because alot of people have done that and she always looks great. 

I feel badly for GR Clawdeen!  I haven't opened mine yet, so maybe my opinion will change once I do, but I love her.  She's so different!  Clawdeen is always a win for me.  Always worth the $$$$ because I almost never feel like I already have the doll.  Never a boring moment with Clawdeen :biggrin:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

angelfish

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2013, 01:58:51 PM »
justkitter, I love GR Clawdeen as well.  She's amazing deboxed and redressed.  I did cut and boil her hair, made a huge difference.  I admit that she's got a lot going on in the box!  I love Cupid too, I seem to love the ones everyone dislikes, maybe I have bad taste..  :P

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2013, 02:39:17 PM »
Mhh... loking through this thread, I seem to be one of the few people who really like Cupid's lipstick (?)
Most of you seem to hate it.

I think it looks great! So... Baroque!
One day I'll style her hair to mimic those big powdered wigs. It'll go great with her make-up! ;)
I think it would've looked better if they'd given Cupid her own head mold (instead of recycling Ghoulia's) and made her lips puckered to match the lipstick.

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2013, 02:47:22 PM »
I love Cupid otherwise, it's just the lips I'm not that keen on.

Pukunui has a point there, that would have made a difference. I didn't even know she had Ghoulia's mold.

roselalonde

« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2013, 04:22:38 PM »
That being said, I actually do adore the Ice/Blob girl CaMs, mainly because there aren't any other Ice/Blob dolls.

Those are the only CAMs I like too. I got the cat/witch CAM and am trying to find the time to post it on eBay.   But the blog and ice girl are very unique. And pink + glitter = WIN.

Transparent bodies + pink +glitter = AMAZING!

Shahaila

« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2013, 08:28:59 AM »
I would have to say Cupid.  I just do not understand her concept as a monster at all so she just does not feel like she belongs at Monster High to me personally.  I think I would have loved her if say they had gone with the Alice and Wonderland Queen of Hearts look (not that that makes any more sense concept-wise).

One thing I have found true for me, is that the dolls often times look completly different once I debox them.  Usually I like them way more once I get them out of the box.  I really thought I would probably dislike Skelita as I am not into skeletons, and orange is one of my least favorite colors, but after a couple of months battling my curiosity vs. potential dislike I got a gift certificate to Target and picked her up.  I have been totally in love with her ever since she came out of the box.  To my own surprise and despite those organge streaks in her hair she looks amazing in everything I put on her, and looks especially cute in sundresses.  Next to Ghoulia (I have 10 different versions of Ghoulia) she is probably my favorite gal now.

To those that own but dislike your Ghoulia's and Skelitas, if you need a new home for them I will be happy to take them in LOL.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal