collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your plans for your collection?  (Read 2889 times)

Shahaila

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What are your plans for your collection?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 12:39:11 PM »
To one day complete my Ghoulia collection (missing the Signature and SDCC Ghoulia), and get whatever other dolls I really like.  Might try my hand at customizing accessories such as shoes, purses, etc. I use to paint miniatures and was quite good at it so I think I might try a hand at it as it drives me crazy that Matel creates such beautiful details on shoes and purses, for example, but then do not paint them!  I have my dolls to keep and enjoy, not to sell one day so I think I will work on beautifying their accessories.

Offline Angellove

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 12:43:24 PM »
I plan on keeping one of each character sell or customize the rest lol
My collection got a little out of hand in only five months.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 01:14:07 PM »
I buy the dolls I like. There are two that don't seem to interest me at all. They are Lagoona and Spectra. They just don't appeal to me. I used to think that I don't want the beach dolls but now I have been looking at them with longing, why I have no idea.

I love all the boys and am trying to get every one of them. GB Jackson doesn't interest me much, nor does Gil, but when the DC five pack comes. I'll finally get him.

There were two dolls I didn't care for at all Ghoulia and Clawdeen. Now I have two Ghoulias and five? Clawdeens, so that changed.

Offline ivybunny84

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Sisters of the Moon Design
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 01:19:38 PM »
I don't wanna think this way, but I kinda have the "gotta catch them all" attitude.

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 01:30:48 PM »
I have 39 now...should I try and scale back? (need opinions since I can't make decisions to save my life)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 01:34:31 PM »
I'm going steady on my collecting, still on a first release basis, although it's been a dry spell lately with releases. >,>; Currently going on 45-47ish?? Keep going!!
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 01:38:23 PM »
I have no real "rules" for my monsters since let's face it, they're no fun and have no place in collecting! I just buy dolls I want, but I'm trying to at least break the habit of buying every one I like due to space issues.

perfect wording, this exactly! "but I'm trying to at least break the habit of buying every one I like (SEE) due to space issues."

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 01:58:44 PM »
I like having the Signature doll of each character, after that I go by waves, if I like a certain wave, I get every character in it, i.e. I Have ALL the Scaris dolls and none of the PD dolls. I do wish I could fill 2 gaping holes in my collection, DOTD Lagoona and Gil, but the latter will be filled soon w'/the dance set.

I plan on getting all the 13 wishes dolls because I like them all, but am not interested in GNO except Catty Noir, but if I get Catty, I'll probably be compelled to get the whole wave to be more "completust" lol.
Does that make sense?

Basically I collect "waves" and Signatures...

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 03:14:44 PM »
I get what you mean Hefty. I usually pick and choose the ones Iike. I forgot to mention that I do have one rule; no playsets. I don't really like them all that much, but there are a few that I would love to have. Cleo's vanity and the Die ner that's coming out this year. i don't really have room for them, but these two have been on my mind for a while now. And if Cleo were to get a bed, I would probably love that one too.

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 05:26:12 PM »
Glad to hear it made sense Nana-Rena...
 :biggrin:
I should add, sometimes I even make exceptions with the "waves" Like DT: I didn't get the DT Draculaura 2.0 since I had 1.0. and I won't be getting Goona 2.0 in DT. AND...I only bought Venus from the swim line, because I have all the Gloom beach and SS dolls, thats enough bathing suits to tide me over...tho if the Swim Goona or Lala go on clearance or I need a "fix" when there's a lull, I may break down and get them since they are pretty cute...

Shahaila

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 07:52:58 AM »
I forgot to mention that I do have one rule; no playsets.
I have that rule too, that and no CAMs.  But then they are coming out with that new playset that looks like a laboratory and I would LOVE to make a display of Ghoulia in her Lab so something tells me I am so going to break my rule, which will then open the flood gates for me to cave into the Scaris Cafe playset.  I love displaying my dolls in groupings (i.e. my RM dolls in a victory picture pose together).  I must be strong and stop myself.

I did get the Ghoulia with her Scooter, but that does not count as stuff exclusively made for Ghoulia qualifies as part of my Ghoulia collection LOL.

I am also really wanting to get some cams and learn to customize dolls .... if I go there all heck is going to break loose.  I keep telling myself I just need to pull out my paint and focus on painting the details on my accessories that I do not need anything new .... I am so weak .... :lol:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 07:54:35 AM by Shahaila »

lupachiotta

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 08:14:14 AM »
I really have to be careful. I have zero room and too many collections. I ended up with dolls I didn't love. So...my collection will only grow with Draculauras or Howleens I MUST OMG HAVE....new characters i ABSOLUTELY fall in LOVE with and customs that I may or may not sell.

Melissa

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2013, 09:49:00 AM »
I'm trying to stick to one doll per character. Operetta makes that one hard. I have Killer Style, but also want Dance Class. I technically have 2 Clawdeens and 2 Draculauras, but one of each is being used for a custom character so it's a bit different, in my opinion. I love experimenting with their clothes and hair. Rather than buying more dolls, my priority is to buy more clothes/wigs/face ups.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 12:39:36 PM by Melissa »

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 09:51:02 AM »
Selling the remainders of mine on ebay this weekend hopefully. I need to list desperately soon, I need the space in my room back ASAP!

Bubbleyum

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 10:51:56 AM »
My aim currently is to finish getting all of the Ghouls Alive dolls, and obtaining a basic (signature) Ghoulia Yelps doll. She's pretty high up on my list! Other than that, there is no real solid plans. I usually just go out with a basic idea of what I'd like, and see where the hunt takes me. It's always a surprise. :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal