collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone live in Sacramento? (Or in a city in CA that they love/hate?)  (Read 775 times)

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone live in Sacramento? (Or in a city in CA that they love/hate?)
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 05:54:04 PM »

You want beach? Go an hour south. You want forest? Go to Marin Headlands an hour away. You want city? Again, an hour away. You want old historical gold mining towns? 30-40 minutes away. You want hiking and mountains? Again, Tahoe and the Sierras aren't far at all.

It's a central place with generally good people and it really is developing a LOT especially in the Roseville area. Worth checking out!
Exactly!
Roseville is expanding a lot. I haven't been out since Aug. but there is a ton of stuff there now though I'm not sure I'm impressed with so many chain stores/restaurants but it certainly seems to be succeeding! I feel like what is happening there now is what Natomas wanted to do but is now failing at (I suppose a lot was due to being caught in the housing crisis though too). I wish they'd do something with that darn failing Downtown Plaza. I'm wondering how K Street is doing about now. I think they were gonna open up traffic again and try to clean it up and add some new stores in last I heard.

As far as I can tell when I just visited my family there, J and K street seem to be on the up, with some swanky new boutiques and restaurant. Second Saturday is actually becoming a big thing now too, which is cool.

And yeah, despite all the chain-ness, Roseville is booming and is still a pretty nice place to hang out around, so can't complain!
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone live in Sacramento? (Or in a city in CA that they love/hate?)
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 06:08:53 PM »

As far as I can tell when I just visited my family there, J and K street seem to be on the up, with some swanky new boutiques and restaurant. Second Saturday is actually becoming a big thing now too, which is cool.

That is very good to hear!
I can't wait to go back again. I've been trying to plan a trip since Dec. but things keep getting in the way and it's looking more like it'll likely be late summer again before I can get away.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal