collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is this just fading hair?  (Read 940 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Is this just fading hair?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 03:28:39 PM »
I explained this in another thread recently...let me dig it out...

Here we go - just scroll down :) http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,323579.msg653144
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 10:21:50 AM »
That's so interested Wysteria - you're definitely right, the long release ponies show variations for sure. I have about 5 Lemon Drops, and I think 4-5 Peachy's... for that reason. Different shades of the hearts, the eyes... Majesty is one who I haven't noticed out of the 5 I have (I counted, I have 5 now and I don't think I'm selling any of them, lol) have a hair variation except for the one I mentioned about how her white streak can be "closely spaced" or "widely spaced" as it's sewn into the head...

I can't recall too many others who I've seen side by side who really look to have different hair colors... I mean I have a Baby Shady who's hair is borderline on like Golden Apple or whatever it is that Applejack has, but her whole body is a weird orange-r color, so I know this is just some sort of reaction to "fading" or "bleaching", so I didn't feel the need to keep her.

Hath - that's super interesting! I need to post the photo of Majesty's eyes though... I'm sure it's similar but, her shade of "lavender" eyes that I have is quite striking compared to all the others I have who have dark purple. I think it probably is a product of some sort of fading (especially because I tend to notice Majesty gets "head cancer" a lot easier than "body cancer") - but it's really nice... I'll try to post one to this thread later. And maybe of her white stripe variation. :)

EDIT: Okay, so I took photos of the Playset ponies who I have multiple versions of... I do want to mention that NONE of the ponies I'm looking at are like "Non. Pat. Pend." or "No Country". As far as I know, these are all US or "normal" releases in the US ponies with all the normal markings.

Majesty - 4 Majesty's with eye color variations, one from light blue, regular blue, and two dark purple. The lightest blue is the one that looks like it's so different. But I can see how the purple could fade to the darker of the blues. I'm sure it is just fading, as you can see my Majesty's do suffer from some issues from long years of play and sunlight...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Majesty - blue eyes comparison

Majesty - blue/purple comparison

Majesty - purple eye comparison

Majesty - widely set white stripe in hair (sorry this poor Majesty has been to the spa in about a decade... lol)

Majesty - closely set white stripe in hair

Lemon Drop - 2 and 4 foot marking versions. The very first Lemon Drop there, the one who looks so off-color... She was the Lemon Drop that came with the Show Stable I own... the braid was apparently factory according to the buyer (and I knew the person who had the set, the Stable was MIB and barely missing anything, and this is how Lemon Drop was... the stable was not off color or faded, the box was bright and vibrant, but this Lemon Drop has always been a bit off-color versus others)

*excuse the saddle sores on the last Lemon Drop - she's my baby, but literally the worst condition pony I own... lol*

Lemon Drop - Symbol comparison of 2 and 4 foot marking versions (I believe 2 foot marking are in the front, the 4 foot marking ones in the back? I might have that reversed...)

Peachy - 3 different versions, 2 are either 2 or 4 foot marking CF (can't remember which is which), and the one furthest to the right is the FF version of Peachy

Peachy - symbol comparisons, CF versions

Peachy - CF v FF symbol comparisons

Peachy - eye color comparisons (don't see much variation in Peachy)

So... yeah! lol...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 10:49:43 AM by SunshinePony »
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 02:47:26 PM »
Yup...lots of variety and minor shade differences in eyes and symbols and body colours. 30 years of different "lives", hundreds of thousands of ponies, goodness knows how many batches and general fading and plastic break down. As I said...we are fortunate to find two ponies the same sometimes never mind so much variety. :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal