collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: US to UK, signature confirmation?  (Read 552 times)

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
US to UK, signature confirmation?
« on: March 11, 2013, 09:51:48 PM »
I have a very expensive package that I'm going to be mailing to the UK pretty soon, both me and the recipient have decided on International Priority as the shipping method, but we were wondering if this comes with Signature Confirmation of any kind or just tracking. :awake: If it's just tracking, is there an International Signature Confirmation available? SC isn't a service I use really, so I'm pretty clueless when it comes to sending something with it :yikes: Thanks in advance!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: US to UK, signature confirmation?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 04:31:47 AM »
Giving this a :bump:  for you as I'm not 100% sure on this myself (*needs to go check* )  , but I'm sure Ponylady and some of the other US sellers will know the answer  :) .
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 08:13:24 AM »
Hi!

If you click and ship, this is what's automatically included:

Priority Mail International®

Parcels and Medium and Large Flat Rate Boxes
            The Postal Service’s most economical international service gets your packages to over 190 countries and offers tracking, and  includes indemnity coverage against loss, damage or missing contents as set forth in the International Mail Manual.
            For a fee, the sender may purchase insurance for parcels containing certain merchandise to protect against loss, damage, or missing contents, which replaces the ordinary indemnity coverage.
            Go online and order free packaging, pay postage and request Package Pickup™ at no extra charge. See International Mail Manual for additional details.
        Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Boxes
            Cost-effective service with priority handling for sending documents and packages up to four (4) pounds to over 190 countries. Total package value can be up to $400.00 USD.
            Go online and order free packaging, pay postage and request Package Pickup at no extra charge.
            Registered Mail™ service is available but insurance and tracking are not available with these Priority Mail International flat rate services. See International Mail Manual for additional details.
            When shipping to Canada, Electronic Delivery Confirmation® International Service is included for Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Boxes.
            Available products (must use USPS supplied packaging):
                Letter-size Flat Rate Envelope  (12 ½ x 9 ½ inches)
                Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope  (10 x 7 inches)
                Small Flat Rate Envelope  (10 x 6 inches)
                Legal-size Flat Rate Envelope (15 x 9-1/2 inches)
                Padded Flat Rate Envelope (12-1/2 x 9-1/2 inches)
                Small Flat Rate Box  (5-3/8 x 8-5/8 x 1-5/8 inches when folded for use)
                DVD Flat Rate priced Box  (7-9/16 x 5-7/16 x 1-3/8 inches)
                Large Video Flat Rate priced Box  (7-9/16 x 5-7/16 x 1-3/8 inches)

These are the services you can add:

http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usps/request.do?session={340e80c0-8b26-11e2-7785-000000000000}&event=1&view%28%29=c{1913b6a0-57e2-11dc-51b6-000000000000}&objectId=&eksObjectId=&objectType=Case&isJumpEnabled=false&isContentJumpEnabled=false&vendorKey=&objTitle=&versionId=10423&searchProperties=type:natural&naturalAdvance=false&allStr=&phraseStr=&anyStr=&noneStr=&keywordStr=&tTitle=&topicFromSub=&topicsORSubUrl=&report%280000%29=p{6d39af50-6975-11dd-e6c4-000000000000}&bcobjectId={ceff8d00-6974-11dd-e6c4-000000000000}&search=what%20services%20does%20priority%20international%20entail?&topicAndSubtopic=Receiving%20Mail$ALL

So it appears that delivery confirmation is included in the price of postage but you probably have to add signature confirmation.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:32:07 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 08:24:46 AM »
Signature confirmation is not available internationally. International priority mail can be tracked since it is going via priority mail but there is no guarantee that it will be scanned at every stop on the way. You can add insurance and get a return receipt for it as long as it's available for the UK.

Tancho

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 03:47:37 PM »
When Greek Ladybird was sent to me from the US (with me in the UK) we opted for Express Mail International. This allowed maximum insurance, was fully trackable on both ends and required a signature in the UK. The UK service it comes in on is with Parcelforce and their express 24 service. I found that the details from the US customs form allowed me to track it both via the usps website, Royal Mail and the Parcelforce site.
The only thing I would say is that the express 24 service name is a bit dodgy because that's only once it has cleared customs and any customs fees have been paid (they don't call them Parcelfarce for nothing!), so it's not a 24 hour service.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 03:30:22 AM »
Thanks for the replies ladies :hug:  That sounds like the best option Tancho , since the parcel Glacia is sending is also very valuable  :bigups:   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal