collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Build a Bear ~ Build a Pony  (Read 27493 times)

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
Re: Build a Bear ~ Build a Pony
« Reply #210 on: April 01, 2013, 04:27:56 PM »
I was going to sit these two out and hope and wait for Rarity, but Rainbow Dash looks super swag in that gala dress!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 01, 2013, 04:31:39 PM »
I never noticed that about Rainbow Dash's cutie mark.

I took my niece to get hers!  She was so excited.  Ok, I was excited too.  These plushies are adorable. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm sure the skates are not official.  :P  The build-a-bear helper put all the clothes on.  She seemed to be having a blast dressing and primping ponies.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:35:14 PM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 01, 2013, 04:43:59 PM »
The fun rise plush dashie has a correct cutie mark and yet bab couldn't get that right lol. Still adorable though!

Aaryana

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #213 on: April 01, 2013, 04:49:17 PM »
I just got home with my PP and RD, and I noticed that my RD has terribly crooked eyes! I'm so upset! I called the store, and they are putting one on hold for me to exchange. But, I'm still upset!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 01, 2013, 04:52:56 PM »
I just got home with my PP and RD, and I noticed that my RD has terribly crooked eyes! I'm so upset! I called the store, and they are putting one on hold for me to exchange. But, I'm still upset!
Oh! These things are too expensive for mishaps like that.  But I am glad they are going to replace it.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 01, 2013, 05:05:12 PM »
Omgosh these pictures make me so excited!!

I'm going tomorrow morning with a friend and her daughter so they best have tons left over! I'm so scared that they will run out  :lookround:

I think I'll stick with pinkie first. Her face is just so cute and that TUTU!

:drunk:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 01, 2013, 05:10:58 PM »
Ack!  I don't know which one I want!  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 01, 2013, 05:17:26 PM »
Omgosh these pictures make me so excited!!

I'm going tomorrow morning with a friend and her daughter so they best have tons left over! I'm so scared that they will run out  :lookround:
You should be okay in getting a pony or two if you're going to get them tomorrow morning. :)
If you're considering getting the clothes for the pony, you may wanna go for it since from what I was told by my BAB, they aren't nearly enough clothes for each pony to wear (and I had heard that clothes are the first thing to sell out when it comes to special characters/items). The employee at mine said that even though that particular store have 24 boxes full of ponies (20 pony per box), they only have clothes for about 30% of them.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 01, 2013, 06:01:17 PM »
I just ordered the little 2 piece outfit (the MLP top with the pink & purple lace skirt) for my BaB Hello Kitty. I was seriously tempted to order Pinkie Pie while I was at it, but if I got her, I'd want her outfit as well and I really don't want to spend that much right now. Do they ever go on sale? I do know if they ever make a Fluttershy, I won't hesitate to order her.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #219 on: April 01, 2013, 06:09:29 PM »
Here are ours (my wifes and mine)

Dash is in her "heartwarming's eve" costume!  :3

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 01, 2013, 06:11:22 PM »
There were lots of ponies when I went, though there were also lots of people getting ponies.  :)  I would think there's very little danger of the store running out of ponies and even clothes if you go tomorrow, though after a week or 2, I don't know.  I don't know how fast they run out of the special ones.  It's also probably a bit busier due to kids being off school for Easter Break.

Here's my girls, I like how they have different expressions and how even their heads are different.  I just looked at my bill and the girl didn't charge me for RD!!  I thought $104 was pretty good for 2 ponies, 3 outfits, the brush, bunny ears and a reusable tote bag.  I even asked her about whether or not she scanned RD, as I didn't see her scan her.  She scanned the ticket on the pony for the sound and ran down the list of items and I'm sure she said RD was on there.  It's a hassle to go down to fix their mistake, especially when I specifically asked if she's scanned the pony.

Anyway, here are my ill-gotten gains.

Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 01, 2013, 06:27:52 PM »
I'm still on the fence with these two! Would love to get one, but can't decide between PP or RD... they aren't my fave from the Mane 6. But all these photos are just too cute! :blush:

Is there a big chance they'll all be sold out in, say, 3-4 weeks? Anyone know how long special collections at BaB are usually out for?
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

GoodyGumdrop

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #222 on: April 01, 2013, 06:57:50 PM »
I'm still on the fence with these two! Would love to get one, but can't decide between PP or RD... they aren't my fave from the Mane 6. But all these photos are just too cute! :blush:

Is there a big chance they'll all be sold out in, say, 3-4 weeks? Anyone know how long special collections at BaB are usually out for?

I would say very likely they will be sold out. If you are lucky, Build a Bear may produce more, but I wouldn't count on it.

I've bought other plushes from the Build a Bear website, and some of them have sold out online within a day or two of being released! My local Build a Bear store has had some items (like the Hello Kitty plush) sell out completely the first day they have been released. I don't know what your local stores are like, but there's a good chance they will run out in a few weeks.

You could be real patient and wait for these to show up used on Ebay or thrift stores, but there are no telling what condition they will be in. (Ebay always has all kinds of used Build a Bear plushies for sale ranging from good to icky condition).

Also, google up discount codes for Build a Bear. They frequently offer them (like $10 off $30, free shipping, etc). Years ago I signed up for the Build a Bear newsletter and their Stuff Fur Stuff club and I get all kinds of discounts for their items in both my snail mail and email inbox. (In fact, for my order I used $20 worth of coupons from the Stuff Fur Stuff club. I always try to use coupons for any purchase I make from them, especially online because their shipping charges are killer).
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 06:59:40 PM by GoodyGumdrop »

Offline beagleluva

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Everything happens for a reason ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 01, 2013, 07:13:29 PM »
OMG want!! I can't really spend that much on a pony right now though :'( I hope they don't sell out too quickly!

Thanks Daring Symphony for my lovely siggy!  :good:
GameloftID: pinkleopard623

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 01, 2013, 07:13:41 PM »

I would say very likely they will be sold out. If you are lucky, Build a Bear may produce more, but I wouldn't count on it.

I've bought other plushes from the Build a Bear website, and some of them have sold out online within a day or two of being released! My local Build a Bear store has had some items (like the Hello Kitty plush) sell out completely the first day they have been released. I don't know what your local stores are like, but there's a good chance they will run out in a few weeks.

You could be real patient and wait for these to show up used on Ebay or thrift stores, but there are no telling what condition they will be in. (Ebay always has all kinds of used Build a Bear plushies for sale ranging from good to icky condition).

Also, google up discount codes for Build a Bear. They frequently offer them (like $10 off $30, free shipping, etc). Years ago I signed up for the Build a Bear newsletter and their Stuff Fur Stuff club and I get all kinds of discounts for their items in both my snail mail and email inbox. (In fact, for my order I used $20 worth of coupons from the Stuff Fur Stuff club. I always try to use coupons for any purchase I make from them, especially online because their shipping charges are killer).

Oh no! Well, I'm out of town right now and the earliest I can make it to a BAB is this weekend - hopefully there will still be some left. I do hope they realize how popular MLP is though, and continue to produce them. Thanks for the info! :)
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal