collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: latest WiP BnG Fizzy (& Shawnee pony) updated 3-12  (Read 654 times)

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
latest WiP BnG Fizzy (& Shawnee pony) updated 3-12
« on: March 06, 2013, 07:05:23 PM »
and for giggles... the latest Eluluu project... after my last BnG (Moonstone) wasnt functional i figured its time to try again. =P

first off... the nasty bait!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

whats the scary thing is this is it after it got a good scrubbing. :yikes:

primed, sanded, and FBR in Sea Breeze, a close match to Fizzys teal. then painted the whites and lashes on the eyes (the irises size matched and cut out prior to primeing)

2 or 3 coats of dullcoat (im using Armory brand atm- found in gaming stores, tho i also use testors equally often, this is just what i have atm.) to protect the FBR then did symbols today. gonna touch up a few areas that are still bugging me a bit tomorrow, then give her another 2 or 3 coats of dull.

and where shes at as of right now. i was about to start doing her mane while im waiting for symbols to finish drying for touchups but i dont have any uncut Tearose... so i have to wait for my latest massive order of dollyhair to come in... any day now... i hate waiting! >.< :coffee:

so any tips out there for how to make sure she works on reassembly? i still need to drill and pin the little nub on the neck post but im confident ill get it on there strong. i have all her innards in a baggie so i wont lose any of the mechanism.

***update 3-8***

my hair order came in! WOOOT!

such a happy sight! finally have the stuff i needed to start the mane...

aaand mane is done. she didnt want to ballance proper on the mug so i just have her propped up right now to let the glue start soaking into her plugs. ill prolly let her sit and dry for two or three days before i mess with her eyes and mechanism.

so in the meantime, im working on a Bday gift for my mom, its her 55th on the 12th and she needs cheering up, so im tryin to knock out a Shawnee Puss n Boots pony for her (shes collected these things since forever

reference pics: http://www.google.com/search?q=shawnee+puss+n+boots&hl=en&rlz=1W1ADFA_enUS362&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0Kk6UZq4FOHhyQGpwIGoCQ&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=633

the project thus far. primed and sanded yesterday, and finished the white FBR (grrrr) earlier today, she has a couple coats of dullcoat on her now to protect her body... it should be a fairly simple paintjob so i should make it on time barring insanity. debating if ima try to make her hat or look around for something that might work. thinking ill just paint the bow on her tho...buuuut a shawl of doilie style lace could be cute instead of painting that on, and i could just sew it to a ribbon and tie it on instead...

what do you guys think?

***update 3-9***

finished the paintwork today on Shawnee Puss n Boots pony! im pretty happy with how it turned out. gonna give her a couple rounds of topcoat tomorrow and start hairing sometime tomorrow night. taking my mom to a fleamarket tomorrow morning so wont have time til i get back.

for colors im thinking white or ivory with some pale pink and pale blue... not sure if its gonna be a blane, streaks, or stripes... debating if ima go virgin snow or the new ?oyster shell? i just got... thinking i might go with the more ivory oyster since the whole thing is already very white... opinions? suggestions?

if i had more time to work with id go thru and make the shawl and boots a little more detailed but i want to have it finished (or at least completely haired) by the 12th, so i just went with minor details to give it the look of ceramic stitches. i also briefly considered using crackle paint for that pottery look but didnt want to use an unfamiliar paint on an important piece.

***update 3-12***

just glued the head onto Shawnee. (haired her yesterday) i shoulda base coated the boots and shawl in an ivory first for a little splash of color but its not bad in white. just hindsight and all that =P when i first started it i wanted to be as close to the original pottery pieces as possible, which have white shawls that match their body... cause... pottery. but when i went with the more antique looking ivory hair i was like... OOOH that might look good... but by that point id already painted some vague stitchwork onto it and i was running out of time to go thru and redo it. and.... lazy. :silly:

hair is Oyster Shell with a few tiny blends of Arctic Frost, Honeysuckle, and Fairys Breath.

i have to go thru and do a few small touchups. i noticed when i was hairing her that there was a tiny bit of red lint under her lip that got sealed in and its bugging me. =P gonna touch up some white paint over it and give her a quick shot of dullcoat again to protect it. =/

just need to look around for a little hat to tie it all together, but its fine without =P
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 01:33:17 PM by Eluluu »

keikokukien

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: latest WiP BnG Fizzy
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 07:30:52 PM »
She looks great so far! Can't wait to see what you do with her after this. *ninjas this thread*  :ninja:

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • 'Scuse me, just here to steal all your TE's. Ta
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 12:57:07 AM »
omgomgomgomgomgomgomg

she's already so perfect  :freak: :freak: :freak: :freak: :freak:

*stares at thread*

Y U NO UPDATE YET????

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 06:24:16 AM »
Wow, looking amazing so far!  Can't wait to see the WiP of messing with the mechanism

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 06:50:05 AM »
Can't wait to see her done!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 07:13:26 AM »
Awesome! I took apart a bng to make a Masquerade and haven't gotten any farther lol!

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline akutenshi7

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Copper Gear <3's Silver Streak
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 07:19:07 AM »
Very nice work!  Can't wait to see if you can get her to work!

(Also, I like the photobombing M&M mug.  X3 )
 | Want Listvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Shenanigans, January Joy, and BTD for the super cute adoptables!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 08:28:38 AM »
Holy cow!!!! Looking good :)

Offline Eluluu

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 08:45:09 AM »
ugh that mug is the bane of my existence. the inlaw is an M&M nut... so naturally i now despise them. XD but its the perfect heft to keep a pony body ballanced in it. =P goin to JoAnns in a bit but then back to work on Fizz. i spose i could use this time to touch up that symbol thats buggin me (waiting on my ride)... so lazy. CMON MAILMAN!!! i wanna start hairing! :nomail: :nomail: :nomail:

Offline Foxfire

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Mad Woman with a Blue Box
    • View Profile
    • Foxfire's Finger Paint
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 10:42:38 AM »
I really wanna see you get the mechanism working. Gonna be awesome!

Jemstar666

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 11:07:34 AM »
thats so cool!

Offline Eluluu

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 11:21:12 AM »
my hair order came in! so happy! all the hanks were nice and hefty so im more than pleased with DH. and she sent me 3 freebies cause i mentioned that my last order was a bit skimpy. so yay for 26 new hanks to play with. i may start hairing Fizzy tonight if i have time. doin a rush order for an upcoming birthday so most of my efforts are goin to trying to get this FBR for it smooth... ugh hate working with white!

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 11:44:35 AM »
Just make sure that the mechanism goes back together exactly as you took it apart, and it should work just fine. I have step by step pics of a disassembled Twisty Tail if you forget how anything goes together. :) Can't wait to see her finished!

Offline Eluluu

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: latest WiP BnG Fizzy (& Shawnee pony)
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 07:23:40 PM »
progress pics added to OP =]

Post Merge: March 09, 2013, 05:42:51 PM

bump for Shawnee!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:42:51 PM by Eluluu »

Offline Eluluu

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: latest WiP BnG Fizzy (& Shawnee pony) updated 3-12
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 01:34:09 PM »
:bump: for finished Shawnee might start working on Fizzys tail today.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal