collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Finding ponies in Tallin?  (Read 488 times)

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
Finding ponies in Tallin?
« on: March 04, 2013, 05:26:55 AM »
I'm soon going on a cruise to Tallin and  I was wondering if anypony knows where to find MLPs? I'm interested both in G4s in stores as well as older gens and thrift shops so it would be nice to get some help in finding good places to look for them!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Finding ponies in Tallin?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 12:53:16 PM »
Oh have a lovely time - Estonia is a beautiful country :)

I ll bump this back up in the hope someone can help you with stores you may be able to buy ponies.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sakuyamon

• artist for hire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 11:45:08 PM »
bump

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 11:51:22 AM »
Well, as Estonia was part of the Soviet Union till 1991, I wouldn't expect to find G1s there. :huh: No idea about the later generations, I hope someone can help.

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 12:20:20 PM »
It's debatable, really. Poland was also a member of the Soviet Union during the 80s, but still you can find a small number of G1s here and there - they don't come in such great numbers as they did in the US or the western European countries, but still they keep turning up every once in a while. My findings should be proof that even in places where MLP wasn't that common, you can still find something. :) 

As for your question, Sakuyamon: I've never been to Tallin, but my instinct tells me that, if anything, you should try checking out stores that specialize in selling second-hand clothing, especially ones that import their goods from countries such as UK and Germany and also Scandinavia - aside from the usual assortment, these stores also tend to sell used toys as well. And while I never really found anything in my local second-hand stores, it's always worth giving a try.

I'd also recommend looking for some local flea markets, but I doubt that any of them would be open seeing as it's still cold and the weather's unpleasant in this part of Europe.

So that's all when it comes to me. I'm sure people from Estonia might cover what I've said a little better than I did...

Wishing you good luck! :)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:40:25 PM by Moonracer »

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 12:35:37 PM »
I haven't had any luck finding anything special while there. The G4s are expensive (I used to think everything is cheaper in Estonia than Finland, but that changed, the ponies are just as expensive as here. The booze is cheap though! :P), don't know about G1s or thrift stores.
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 01:05:17 PM »
Poland was also a member of the Soviet Union during the 80s
This is getting OT, but no, it wasn't, unless I'm missing something? Poland never was a SSR but an (at least nominally) independent People's Republic, while Estonia was absorbed in the Soviet Union.

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 01:16:11 PM »
Well, Poland indeed function as a separate republic during the Soviet Union's existance. What I meant was that they were part of the Eastern Bloc (also known as the Soviet Bloc), which means that even though we were technically a "satellite state" we were still pretty much under the watchful eye of "The Big Brother".

Maybe I should've phrased my previous post a little better... :P

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 03:50:08 PM »
My tip is always to find flea markets, but I think Moonracer is right, it's too cold still for open markets. But second hand shops sound like a good start, also antique stores, they sometimes have vintage toys.
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 12:16:32 AM »
Well, Poland indeed function as a separate republic during the Soviet Union's existance. What I meant was that they were part of the Eastern Bloc (also known as the Soviet Bloc), which means that even though we were technically a "satellite state" we were still pretty much under the watchful eye of "The Big Brother".

Maybe I should've phrased my previous post a little better... :P
Indeed, it sounded like you were confusing the Soviet Union and the Soviet-led bloc :P

Offline Sakuyamon

• artist for hire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 03:02:54 PM »
As much as I appreciate that you advice me to check out second hand stores, it do not really help when I dont get any names of such stores or where to find them... I have only one day there too so I do not really have time to search through every store in Tallinn...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal