collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So I just got my first BJD... (wig help?)  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
Re: So I just got my first BJD... (wig help?)
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 05:07:15 AM »
After going through my links, I found a couple... I don't know if they're what you're looking for though. :) I remember how excited I was for my first doll and had to find the perfect everything!

I've ordered from Mint on Card, they're awesome! And the Angel Studio wigs are really nice. I've never ordered a wig from DollMore, but their dolls and accessories are really nice. And Doll peddlar has a few from everyone is appears.

Monique wigs are so soft, they still surprise me at how nice they are.

http://www.mintoncardinc.com/dolls/browse.php?toys=shop&BJD=166&name=BJD+Wigs+6.5%2F7.5&cbh=161

http://www.mintoncardinc.com/dolls/browse.php?toys=shop&BJD=122&name=BJD+Wigs+6%2F7&cbh=118

http://www.dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=7426

http://www.dollpeddlar.com/index.php?cPath=1507_1511

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 12:23:37 PM »
I'm not on DoA...that community is very intimidating and I know I'd never have the guts to actually post, lol. I have done some lurking around, but there's not a ton you can access without being a member. I'd be very interested in taking you up on your offer to piggyback on your next group wig order though! Gah, Leekeworld wigs are too ridiculously pretty!

lol, I'm a bit intimidated by DoA too.  I post every now and then and got enough to access the marketplace (because how else would I have found my Beyla?! :P ), but there are just so many rules and I'm afraid to break them lol.  I like being able to access it when I need to, but I get most of my doll info here.  :)

I forsee this doll becoming a money pit after all though :P Already spending about three times as much as I planned just on EYES! "Oh, I don't need nice ones, just super cheap ones from ebay will be fi--OOOOH LOOK AT THE FANCY ONES!"

:lmao:  Sounds about right.  Dollies can be so demanding!  ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 09:46:06 AM »
Vertefae, thanks for the links! There are some really cute wigs in there! For now I ended up going with an on-the-cheaper-side long pink wig from ebay. Definitely not what I want long term, but I want a wig on this girl ASAP so she can look like a real doll! :P So this will hopefully be okay for a placeholder wig until then. Thanks so much for the recommendations though, I'll definitely keep those links in my bookmarks !

Zenna- I know! I mean, it's cool if I can't post if I'm not a member, of course. But I sure wish I could at least lurk the sales forums XD (Not like I'm going to buy any more dolls, of course. We totally went over this.) And it sounds like there's a customization subforum somewhere on there that either I can't find or I can't access...I dunno lol. 

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 03:02:08 PM »
Okay, so are these wigs supposed to be harder than all heck to put on? I have to turn her wig inside out and then unroll it onto her head (like you're supposed to do with wig caps...one of which I don't have, maybe that's the problem? But the wig seems pretty tight as it is....) and even then most of the time it just pops off. Im afraid I'm gonna scrape her faceup off, what with the wig sliding around all over while I'm trying to pop it on, and having to hold onto her head to keep it steady. I also tweaked her strings during the process, but I think I more or less fixed that. I need to restring her eventually anyway.

I'm sure this is common practice for everyone else, but this is my first doll's first wig, so I don't know what the heck I'm doing :P

And here she is! I don't really love the wig on her at all, but it's just a temporary one until I find a nicer one in a style I like (or decide to bite the bullet and pay outrageous shipping.)

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline akutenshi7

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Copper Gear <3's Silver Streak
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 07:49:10 AM »
Super cute!  ^_^

Right now Leeke World is having their Spring Event with the most gorgeous colors.  *swoons*  I know Dairyland BJD Forum has a group order going on for them, though they are a midwest BJD forum but I'm pretty sure there are other people on there than just Midwest, but I could be wrong.  They are super nice people.  ^-^
 | Want Listvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Shenanigans, January Joy, and BTD for the super cute adoptables!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal