collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UK - Royal Mail Price Increases 2nd April 2013  (Read 2408 times)

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: UK - Royal Mail Price Increases 2nd April 2013
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 05:02:53 AM »
Oh goodie. Another posting price hike.

Well.... there goes another place to buy from unless I'm desperate. This sort of stuff truly makes buying ponies (or almost anything) from overseas darn near impossible if you're scrooge-like like me and always factor in the overall cost when buying (pony + shipping).

Better to know than not, I suppose, so cheers for the heads up, DaffyDilly.

Same here - I thought I might be able to take solace when the US prices went up that UK prices were still alright. No such luck :(

baby_yoyo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 01:38:03 PM »
So its going to cost £3.00 to send 1 BB to EU and £3.50 to rest of world :shocked:, absolutely ridiculous, best get the rest of my things listed before the deadline :huh:

Offline sparkleInTheRain

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 05:33:52 PM »
This seems to be happening in more than one country.     First the US, now the UK, and here in Australia we are next. 

Prices here rise on the 8th April for all Aus Post services, both domestic and International. 

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 10:33:48 PM »
This seems to be happening in more than one country.     First the US, now the UK, and here in Australia we are next. 

Prices here rise on the 8th April for all Aus Post services, both domestic and International. 

OMG... seriously? Prices here are already ludicrous, I go on eBay and it's approximately $6 to send one pony, even just across the city...

Offline sparkleInTheRain

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2013, 12:14:25 AM »

OMG... seriously? Prices here are already ludicrous, I go on eBay and it's approximately $6 to send one pony, even just across the city...

Yep its bad I know, was bad enough when they removed the 250g price break and made it all 0-500g.       With the new changes, and price increases,  International will have 8 zones instead of the current 4.   

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 04:16:31 PM »
Wow so u could have a bulky but light parcel and it would cost u a fortune to send. Ridiculous.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 04:40:57 PM »

Yep its bad I know, was bad enough when they removed the 250g price break and made it all 0-500g.       With the new changes, and price increases,  International will have 8 zones instead of the current 4.   

Well that's just going to make it soooo rediculously, needlessly complicated that no-one will be able to quote without spending an hour working it out!! I can usually quote off the top of my head, but I've lost sooo many sales already due to prices here, and now it's going to cost MORE?! Grr. I usually prefer to buy from the UK, because it costs about the same to ship from there as it does from someplace else in Australia, and they have more to choose from. But with them both going up, what's a girl to do, I guess?! My last swap box was worth $30, and cost me nearly $50 to ship to the US. How can it get much worse than that??! This pony thing is getting pricey!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2013, 04:38:01 AM »
Even worse. I talked to the peeps in my local PO and they reckon that not only will there be this price increase, but our included insurance (which was up to £46 , without having to pay for extra insurance) is  going to drop to only about £20 to force us to pay even more to buy insurance on top  :(

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 01:21:38 PM »
I go to my local post office fairly frequently since I have a shop on Etsy and occasionally sell on eBay, too.  I was there yesterday and there was no mention of the price increase.  I was also at the post office in Dundee earlier in the week to post a few parcels, and I had a conversation with the guy behind the counter about pricing.  I even asked if there had been a recent price increase and he said no, not since last year.  No mention of the one about to happen!  That gets on my nerves, especially as I have a few packages that need to go out.  I was going to post them tomorrow or Tuesday, but now I guess tomorrow it is!  >_<

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 11:14:26 PM »
I bet they haven't even told their staff, they're probably clueless until it happens. At my work last week, we had about 20 items go up about 40-50% in price, and we didn't know until we rang them up! Usually I know prices in my head and will just quote before I'm done ringing up, but I'm super glad I was having a lazy day and calculating on screen!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2013, 05:41:30 AM »
I bet they haven't even told their staff, they're probably clueless until it happens. At my work last week, we had about 20 items go up about 40-50% in price, and we didn't know until we rang them up! Usually I know prices in my head and will just quote before I'm done ringing up, but I'm super glad I was having a lazy day and calculating on screen!

Well I found out today that the staff at our local post office know about the price increase.  I sent my husband to mail off a few packages (still in my dressing gown, lol) and he mentioned it while he was at the counter.  Although, apparently, certain local things will become cheaper.  Which is at least something. 

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2013, 09:28:51 AM »
:( I am so gutted about the increases. I hope what Ringlets said about insurance dropping doesn't occur in my end. I'm praying it doesn't happen here, as that really will mean goodbye trades with anywhere outside of the UK.... gah :(

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2013, 03:18:45 PM »
:( I am so gutted about the increases. I hope what Ringlets said about insurance dropping doesn't occur in my end. I'm praying it doesn't happen here, as that really will mean goodbye trades with anywhere outside of the UK.... gah :(

But hopefully it means you'll shop from each other more often and make friends!  :D  I would LOVE to have a resource  where we could search for sellers by location! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2013, 07:42:56 AM »
Although, apparently, certain local things will become cheaper.  Which is at least something. 

Seems to defeat the object a bit for me - if it's local then you don't need to post it! :(

I'm just glad that I have the couriers at work - it used to be cheaper with Royal Mail but now the couriers win!

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 10:32:40 AM »
Omg i lost out big time due to postage... i got the depth measurements wrong.... it was not much over... £5 each for two parcels one at 2nd class what a flipping rip off... please check measurements before listing items... otherwise u may get a shock like me... basically sold 2 things for nothing... xD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal