collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria Girls  (Read 13817 times)

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
Re: Equestria Girls
« Reply #195 on: March 08, 2013, 03:19:50 PM »
Blech, says I.  :razz:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #196 on: March 09, 2013, 06:08:56 PM »
Guh-ross.

No thanks at all.
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 09, 2013, 10:00:07 PM »
I'm interested to see what they look like.  I'll reserve judgement until I've seen them.  They have potential to be cute though!

I wonder if Katy Perry will sing the theme song?

*shudder*  I hope not.  She just drives me bonkers.

I'm interested to see what the end product will be!  I'm optimistic and will hope for more variety in the fashions between each character, it could be fun.  I'll have to reserve judgement until we can see the product aired for the first time and the toys on the shelves. :) I'd totally want a Trixie doll.  :lol:

I was a KP fan at first but now....>< ditto! So I'd hope the theme song wasn't by her...... ^^;

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 09, 2013, 10:33:02 PM »
i;m not even sure what im looking at? :blink:
what IS this?

Kobold

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #199 on: March 09, 2013, 11:30:04 PM »
 :blink: Weeell that's surprising, but you never know... toys companies seems utterly incapable to make dolls exactly like their concept art, for better or worse. The actual dolls may turn out very cute.

For the record, I think keeping their colors looks strange but it's the right thing to do - there's no other way to avoid the huge potential problem of who-is-what race and all. And I think everyone agrees the outfits could use some improvements.

What I do worry about is the show that's supposed to come out of this. It's going to be hard to make something interesting out a school kid setting, it's sooooo common...  I follow the webisodes of MH, Bratzillas and Novi Stars and I cringe at the obsession with fashion and boys. It's boring AND poor values for the kids. At least the Lalaloopsy series seems to stay away from this, but they aren't entertaining...

Which makes me think, do we know if it's supposed to be an actual TV series or just little 2-3 minutes webisodes thing?

Offline Wind_Whistler

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2013, 12:53:57 AM »
Hasbro is now a joke...that is all.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 10, 2013, 03:37:33 AM »
:blink: Weeell that's surprising, but you never know... toys companies seems utterly incapable to make dolls exactly like their concept art, for better or worse. The actual dolls may turn out very cute.

For the record, I think keeping their colors looks strange but it's the right thing to do - there's no other way to avoid the huge potential problem of who-is-what race and all. And I think everyone agrees the outfits could use some improvements.

What I do worry about is the show that's supposed to come out of this. It's going to be hard to make something interesting out a school kid setting, it's sooooo common...  I follow the webisodes of MH, Bratzillas and Novi Stars and I cringe at the obsession with fashion and boys. It's boring AND poor values for the kids. At least the Lalaloopsy series seems to stay away from this, but they aren't entertaining...

Which makes me think, do we know if it's supposed to be an actual TV series or just little 2-3 minutes webisodes thing?

I could be remembering incorrectly but I am reasonably certain what we are first getting is a movie. The movie Hasbro confirmed for the line back at the toy fair was for the new IP which is Equestria Girls. Although it could be about how the ponies become humans rather than just being about EGs. That we certainly wont know for a while.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 10, 2013, 06:50:34 PM »
The latest rumor is Spike will be a dog.  There are also picture of canine Spike floating around.

This is all a rumor, but rumors have had a high validation rate for MLP lately.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2013, 07:24:19 PM »
Yeah! I actually came here to say that Spike the dog rumours have been floating around. Images below the cut (from EQD).

Spoiler

It will be sort of a shame if true, since I never saw Spike as a pet and I don't think it was anyone's intention to make him such. Unless he winds up being a talking dog. Who knows!

Also heard that Princess Celestia is going to be Principal Celestia.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 10, 2013, 07:32:37 PM »
The latest rumor is Spike will be a dog.  There are also picture of canine Spike floating around.

If it's true, that is going to make his infatuation with Rarity all the more bizarre. o_o;

Kobold

« Reply #205 on: March 10, 2013, 08:20:53 PM »

If it's true, that is going to make his infatuation with Rarity all the more bizarre. o_o;

Just what I was thinking!  If everyone's an anthro, Spike could be a dragonish-looking boy, no?  :|
Depends if they want to keep him a lot younger than the mane six I guess... if he was a human toddler, there wouldn't be a lot of reasons for them to be in the same place. But still, a dog... it feels condescending for the character.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #206 on: March 10, 2013, 08:37:40 PM »
Oh wow, I hope that rumor isn't true.  It would be so insulting for everyone else to be human ( . . . ish) and have Spike be a DOG.  They should make him a ten to twelve year old kid.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Kobold

« Reply #207 on: March 10, 2013, 08:41:56 PM »

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 11, 2013, 02:37:35 AM »
Besides, everyone knows Spike's a gopher.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Summerlycoris

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 11, 2013, 03:02:53 AM »
I have to agree with everyone on the Spike picture- it's just odd to have him turn into a dog whilst the ponies turned into humanish creatures. He should really be like the others, a humanish creature who keeps some of his dragon traits, even if he isn't the same age as the others.

Thanks to Shenanigans and Princess Starburst for this awesome signature and to sunnyrain for my avatar. And my Newbie Swap list is here.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal