collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria Girls  (Read 14017 times)

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Equestria Girls
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2013, 05:43:48 PM »
Well, I'll say this again, but I think Equestria Girls is for girls who are already interested in collecting dolls, because what I've seen so far is that MLP fans who don't collect dolls don't look like they really want to start now with this. I don't know if the demographic is big enough for EG to be a huge hit.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2013, 05:55:00 PM »
No.

Offline Honey_Muffin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
  • A Brony of the "Mare" Persuasion
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2013, 06:08:40 PM »
Meh, I dunno what to think about Equestria Girls.
Though I do like that new pic of them as opposed to that one that was leaked online a while back...
Guess we'll have to wait and see how this goes.

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 03, 2013, 06:11:32 PM »
I've seen (and alas, cannot unsee) various, er, variations of the Mane 6 anthropomorphized (and on eBay, of all places), and I'm frankly a smidge worried about how some of what's already floating around out there might negatively impact this venture...

That's my bit.  I'm not much of a doll fancier, so sink or swim, the EG line ultimately holds little interest for me.

But Hasbro, just bring back G1s... please?  But make mine ponies!

(P.S.:  Whichever pony of y'all who said it'd be like turning Transformers into talking plants all of a sudden... :lmao:)

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 03, 2013, 06:29:25 PM »
I'm really undecided on how I feel about this. My first reaction is eww.... no. But I'll most likely give it a try.

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #140 on: March 03, 2013, 06:41:04 PM »
merp...I donno about this I don't really... Alicorn Twilight carrying over into this and everyone in short skirts....little nit picy things I know but ....I don't know I'll try to be open minded but I'm not impressed thus far

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2013, 07:56:56 PM »

But I can't stop staring at Twilight's hair and wondering what the heck it looks like from the back.  "Oh yes, I cut the left half of it at waist length and let the right half grow down to the floor!"  Uh . . .

I'm really curious about the back too. I can't seem to picture anything that looks good.

Am I missing something here? Her hair looks perfectly normal to me...

ecit: Oh, I see, the tail isn't actually separate for any of them it's supposed to just be an extension of their hair?  weird. I Mean if they have ears, and wings... why not just give them tails?

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2013, 09:41:45 PM »

But I can't stop staring at Twilight's hair and wondering what the heck it looks like from the back.  "Oh yes, I cut the left half of it at waist length and let the right half grow down to the floor!"  Uh . . .

I'm really curious about the back too. I can't seem to picture anything that looks good.

Am I missing something here? Her hair looks perfectly normal to me...

ecit: Oh, I see, the tail isn't actually separate for any of them it's supposed to just be an extension of their hair?  weird. I Mean if they have ears, and wings... why not just give them tails?

I suspect that it has to do with manufacturing.  They think it would be too hard to give dolls real tails?  I also suspect that all wings will be fabric and attached to the clothes rather than to the doll itself.

Argentum-Zeena

« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2013, 09:47:26 PM »
If the show is going to be a typical high-school scenario, you can count me out. As for the dolls, I most likely won't be getting them since I really don't care for their designs, but if they're really nice quality maybe.

I think, like others have said, if Hasbro wants to compete in the fashion doll market they should make an entirely different franchise.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 09:50:06 PM by Argentum-Zeena »

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2013, 09:51:31 PM »
Eww! What the heck is Hasbro doing to MLP now!???

I also need to know why Twilight has giant wings..?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:08:03 PM by stopxmotion »
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2013, 10:28:55 PM »

because she is now an alicorn and they feel the need for them to have just wings and no horns O.o

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2013, 11:29:54 PM »

because she is now an alicorn and they feel the need for them to have just wings and no horns O.o

Oh, I guess this happened in the show? I have only seen the first season.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline Valerie

• Dabbles Pony
  • ☼ I ❤ G3 ☼
    • View Profile
    • Valerie´s Pony Rainbow
« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2013, 11:34:50 PM »
In my opinion Hasbro wants to make this because all the fandom.

I have saw a lot of fan´s drawings of humanized ponies.

So, Hasbro thought, "if they like to draw this, they would love human dolls inspired in the ponies"

Now we don´t like this (I included, I love ponies, the new show scares me, if they decide to make only EG the next years?? I want pony toys!!), but I know that 90 % of the fans will buy dolls of their favourite characters when they are on sale  :lol:  :P

:sunny:   visitors can't see pics , please register or login
   :sunny:   

Valerie´s Pony Rainbow Tumblr - Instagram - Youtube
:heart:

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2013, 02:33:03 AM »
I'm not overly keen on the designs as shown there but I may give it a chance. FiM is one of the few cartoons I actually actively watch so we'll see how I feel in the future...

PS: Femmephobia is disgusting. Just because this will be most likely set in a school doesn't mean that it is going to be only about "omg drama drama, I like a boy, I am too fat" subjects.
Relax, give it a chance. If it turns out to be sucky you still have enough time to hate on it *fg*

Yes!!!

While the original Jem is rather dated going from the reruns they were airing on the Hub, the basic concept isn't. I mean what about a girl who is secretly a pop star couldn't work now? They might have to age her down since it seems cartoons about adult characters aren't popular anymore but her age was never an important part of who she was. Hannah Montana had a similar premise to what I think a modern remake of Jem would probably be like.

Ha! I can't believe I never thought of the Jem and Hannah Montana connection before! :huh:
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2013, 03:55:37 AM »
I agree, LadyMoondancer (although there's quite a few boots and miniskirts in the first MH line too ;)) I feel like Monster High is aimed at a slightly older audience than the Equestria Girls, though? (Although I know MH has lots of under-8ish fans too, of course.) Have we seen anything that says what EG's target age group is? To me it seems like it'll closer to the Lalaloopsy age group, a bit older, but not as old as MH. Maybe similar to Disney Fairies' audience?

Ya know, I love MH, and if these dolls are anything like MH in terms of being ball-jointed and having new characters, I may be interested. But I don't these to be THE new MLP, ya know? I want ponies to still be made.....new characters mainly. But I cannot lie.....I think they will make pretty dolls if done right. But I don't want this to be  the only MLP line left.

I don't think it will be (I hope it won't be)... I bet there'll always be demand for cute pony toys :biggrin:

They said in a release pre Toy Fair that Equestria Girls [whatever it is] was going to be aimed at teenage girls and older.

Thanks, hathorcat! Hmm, I would not have guessed that at all. They'd best pay serious attention to the execution and detailing, then, if they're setting themselves up to compete directly with MH for the older crowd's attention. Like lots of others have said, the current look of the designs falls short in direct comparison because of the simplicity.

Basically, my 8 year old self is squeeing, but my 12 year old self would not be swayed from MH. Fortunately, my mid-20s self does not have to choose, and can love and have both! XD

Yup I agree - its too cutsie wootsie for it to take MHs cooler and trendier market. And it seems a weird product for this market at all but you cant deny MHs stellar success I guess and you can bet Hasbro want a bite of that apple.

But as Bergamot I have a feeling these are for the same age market but for a different sub section of that market.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal