collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria Girls  (Read 14033 times)

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Equestria Girls
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2013, 12:16:00 PM »
They don't actually have tails. They have very long hair, with a longer part of their hair tied off separately. Basically, they all have rattails... Ew!!! LOL, I can't stand rattails.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2013, 12:18:26 PM »
Just gotta add my vote to the minority who like them :heart: And I still like ponies too, so really, ponies crossed with dolls is my sweet spot :P (And it does seem odd as a 30th anniversary MLP celebration thing, but Hasbro's a giant company out to make money, and non-human dolls are hot right now, so it does make sense in that respect.)

I'm not too fussed about what the show might be like, I'm never really into the shows that go along with toylines anyway... I just want the dolls! (Yeah, I know, so shallow! :throw:) And I'm loving this new concept art for them. I think it's super cute that they're keeping more pony features than in the last image we saw. I'll def. be buying this first mane 6 if they get a doll release :D

As far as the dresses go, maybe we'll see more of a variety in their outfits as the series/toy line progresses? If they're going to try and keep up with the other popular playline fashion dolls at the moment, they're going to have to opt for more variety. I can't imagine that all we're going to get out of this is miniskirts.

I hope there'd be more variety (jeans pls!) to come too! For now I'm not too bothered by these first "signature" releases all wearing miniskirts (RD even has shorts under hers, so cute); I feel like the outfits are meant to have a schoolgirl uniform-like similarity to them, which I'm cool with. ^.^
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2013, 12:19:24 PM »
If these were made to compete with Monster High, then please God, let the dolls be articulated. Nothing would disappoint me more of they were static with no joints. :C

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2013, 12:25:52 PM »
If these were made to compete with Monster High, then please God, let the dolls be articulated. Nothing would disappoint me more of they were static with no joints. :C

To be honest my dream would be 16" dolls if they were gonna make dolls. Especially since I'm not particularly a monster high fan. I get that they are popular but they're just so skinny/tiny looking. I hope the pony version Hasbro is intending is much prettier/cuter than MH.

If only they'd do big dolls (16 inches) I could totally rob my Tyler Wentworth and various Tonner dolls.

Frankly I'd love to see a doll company like Robert Tonner make the ponies as human doll versions because his stuff is always awesome. The fashions and clothing on the pony dolls would be to die for and would NOT be all mini skirts.

I'd also be awesome with 16" dolls because I could possibly share clothing with Ellowyne Wilde dolls, which is a offshot of Tonner but her clothing is awesome as well.

Hasbro, please talk to Tonner, don't pay attention to Mattel, please please!!
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2013, 12:28:36 PM »
i agree with this.
I'd buy one of Rarity regardless because she is my fav FiM character, but if they arent articulated like with other doll lines, I wouldn't get any more of them. In a way, articulation can be a bit of a deal breaker for me when it comes to [fashion] dolls, excluding special edition dolls or for certain doll lines.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2013, 12:40:25 PM »
I try to be open minded in these things and judge after I've actually seen the show, but this looks terrible.  I was actualy really excited for the new ponies when the word came out, it looked like something I could enjoy on several levels and it didn't let me down.  This however...

Maybe the show will be ok, but I doubt I'll watch it, the art work is hideous, and like everyone has said how is them all being the same following the theme of fim?  But really most of all, I'm a pony collector and I will not be buying these toys.  They would have to be really impressive for me to even consider getting them for my daughter.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2013, 12:43:03 PM »
i agree with this.
I'd buy one of Rarity regardless because she is my fav FiM character, but if they arent articulated like with other doll lines, I wouldn't get any more of them. In a way, articulation can be a bit of a deal breaker for me when it comes to [fashion] dolls, excluding special edition dolls or for certain doll lines.

Thirded. It'll be very disappointing if they don't have actual knees and elbows XD

As for the size, I can't really see them making 16" fashion dolls, since that size is generally aimed at the older/adult collector market, not the little-girl playline market. I would guess they'll be 8-11" dolls to suit the target crowd. And if they're successful, maybe someday someone like Tonner will license them to do special limited editions for us collectors! That'd be rad.  ^.^

(edited because I can't grammar)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 12:49:02 PM by Zombelina »
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2013, 12:53:37 PM »
Soo, I guess that "fake" image that was released in the last few weeks was real concept art? Hmm... Does anyone have a different source for the image? I don't want to believe that these are really the designs they're going with. u__u

Offline celticowgirl88

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2013, 12:54:40 PM »
Ewww..... :(

Heddwyn ~ Castor

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2013, 01:00:24 PM »
umm.. eww.. there goes pony. lol

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2013, 01:02:38 PM »
there goes hasbro being stupid again
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2013, 01:04:02 PM »
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2013, 01:04:12 PM »
Interesting. I want to know how this will work out.

If they make dolls of this, I'll probably buy some. Looks cute !

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2013, 01:08:57 PM »
Good lord, I was wrong.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2013, 01:09:54 PM »
They're cute but they're going to  be competing with Monster High, which has pretty much already established itself as high ruler of the anthropomorphic/fantasy dolls niche. This'll either work out because the series will resonate with Monster High fans or fail spectacularly because Monster High snuffs it out.

I'm going to try this show anyway despite not liking Monster High or any shows of that sort. I prefer animals in my animation.

Duster reference]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal