collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you do with your Pokemon games?  (Read 769 times)

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do with your Pokemon games?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 10:07:21 PM »
I keep my older games in a cigar box so the moisture can't touch them. I don't have a complete collection, but I made sure to get at least one game from each gen. So far I have Red, Yellow, Silver (my first game :heart:), Gold, Emerald, FireRed, Colosseum, X D: Gale of Darkness, PMD Blue Rescue Team, Diamond, Platinum, Soul Silver, PMD Explorers of Time, and White. I ended up giving away Pokemon Battle Revolution and still need to pick up Black 2/White 2, I'll get around to it pretty soon. Some of these games have been beaten, some have been half finished, some (like Red) have nearly been destroyed by h POKé glitches and Charizard M's. ^^;

Rainsong

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 09:43:56 PM »
I've got all the games (not the side games, just main line) up to White and B/W 2, now. Someday I may actually pick up the original GB ones, too, but the battery issue makes me reluctant.

Most of mine haven't had tons done with them because I got them after I started school... but I did finally beat a game - Pearl!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 05:23:19 AM »
I found them the other day and then I lost them and the DS..again  :cry:
I have one of each of the main games up till B&W

I want to get B&W but my DS is an original one and dosen;t seem to work prpperly anymore
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Moonracer

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 08:47:05 AM »
I have Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Yellow. Wanted to get Pokemon Silver and Red, and another copy of Crystal (in order to catch Suicune... when I first started playing Pokemon Crystal I somehow ended up defeating Suicune instead of catching him... what was I thinking??  :yikes:), but I never really got around to it... they were either ridiculously over-priced, were in language other than English and had useless internal battery.

I'd love to play the games I have again, but on the other hand I'm kind of scared of doing so right now, because I keep hearing that the more you play the more likely the internal battery may run dry and you may lose your game as a result... and I certainly wouldn't want that to happen, especially my Pokemon Crystal - I have so many fond memories of me playing this game... true, the game got somewhat boring after I got to beat the Elite Four, collected all the Kanto badges and beat Red, but still playing it is just pure nostalgia for me.

So, as of now, I stay away from my games... at least I figure out how to back them up properly. :P

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 10:36:01 AM »
I have Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Yellow. Wanted to get Pokemon Silver and Red, and another copy of Crystal (in order to catch Suicune... when I first started playing Pokemon Crystal I somehow ended up defeating Suicune instead of catching him... what was I thinking??  :yikes:), but I never really got around to it... they were either ridiculously over-priced, were in language other than English and had useless internal battery.

I'd love to play the games I have again, but on the other hand I'm kind of scared of doing so right now, because I keep hearing that the more you play the more likely the internal battery may run dry and you may lose your game as a result... and I certainly wouldn't want that to happen, especially my Pokemon Crystal - I have so many fond memories of me playing this game... true, the game got somewhat boring after I got to beat the Elite Four, collected all the Kanto badges and beat Red, but still playing it is just pure nostalgia for me.

So, as of now, I stay away from my games... at least I figure out how to back them up properly. :P
yeah i totally understand that. i just started playing soul silver and i'm amazed at how similar it is to the original silver. (my first game) so its been alot of fun. maybe try that route. less chance of the battery dying.

Moonracer

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 11:48:33 AM »
Hmmm... that's a nice solution. 

The only problem is that I don't have a DS... though I'm really thinking about saving some cash for the 3DS (the upcoming Pokemon X and Y got me really psyched). :P

Speaking of the DS, it's a pity none of the folks at Nintendo ever thought about releasing some of the older Pokemon games onto Virtual Console. Gold and Silver I can understand, since it would be kind of pointless now that we have Heart Gold and Soul Silver, but what about games like the first three games, Pokemon Crystal and the games for the GBA?

That would be pretty awesome, not to mention this could turn a huge profit for Nintendo.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 12:01:19 PM »
Hmmm... that's a nice solution. 

The only problem is that I don't have a DS... though I'm really thinking about saving some cash for the 3DS (the upcoming Pokemon X and Y got me really psyched). :P

Speaking of the DS, it's a pity none of the folks at Nintendo ever thought about releasing some of the older Pokemon games onto Virtual Console. Gold and Silver I can understand, since it would be kind of pointless now that we have Heart Gold and Soul Silver, but what about games like the first three games, Pokemon Crystal and the games for the GBA?

That would be pretty awesome, not to mention this could turn a huge profit for Nintendo.
you would think. most people just upload their pokes from gen3 games to gen 4. i'm still in the process of doing that.
and the original red and blue got remade in leaf green and fire red. so they might not do those.

mylittleponylover92

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 12:12:34 PM »
Ive been a huge fan ever since I had my Game Boy Colour at 8 years old, parents bought me my first Poke game and of course it was the yellow version with Pikachu!  ^.^

Love it ever since! Since then (from '96) I had Gold, Silver games then moved the the GBA with Fire Red/Leaf Green and Emerald (never had Ruby/Saphire) then before you know it the DS with Pearl and Diamond then to White 1 and 2!

Just finishing White 2 with my boyfriend now who has loved pokemon since he was a child too! Except I was a bit luckier getting hold of the games and consoles!  ^.^ (lots of bday and xmas presents there!)

I also have the Pokemon ranger games and rescue dungeon! My sister has also been a fan and played them with me, shes in her mid 20s now and its still nice we share these things! She also has Guardian which I want to try as its different! 

All my games (I lost Gold/Silver and Fire Red/Leaf green somehow) but the rest still work and are in great condition! I have my GB Colour games stored in a big case (a massive GB colour lol) and my GBA games in cases in one of my console cases! I still have lots of the original cases too, however the GBA and GB game boxes are in the loft!

Now I play the old games on my emulator on my mac  ^.^

Im a bit OCD when it comes to storing my electronics, I have always taken care of my stuff :)

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 01:47:18 PM »
I love Pokemon games, but my old gameboy color ones don't work anymore.

I was playing Black, but my husband lost it along with the DS on an airplane. Then I started playing Heart Gold, and my husband lost the new 3DS on another airplane. I am not having good Pokemon luck!  No one was nice enough to turn in the lost DS's either. We bought a Wii now, because it is too big to lose it on an airplane.

I like to catch and train up my favourite Pokemon, and plan out my favourite attacks for them. Also, trying to catch the hard to get Pokemon like the Legendary Dogs is super fun.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal