collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your Monster High Display - Just the Jisplay  (Read 1579 times)

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
Re: Show me your Monster High Display - Just the Jisplay
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2013, 11:53:31 PM »
You people who use bookcases for dolls are crazy- I've got 6 bookcases in my house and still not enough room for all my books. I keep all my dolls on a shelf that takes up the wall of my room.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ignore the space on the SS box- my werecats are normally there, but they're helping me with tights right now.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 11:57:11 PM »
I will be doing something similar to put all my MIB dolls on... It will line the ceiling around my room... My husband is *SO* enthusiatic about that... Lol

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2013, 11:58:49 PM »
 nice displays!  i have  all my dolls mib and loos in the bed room too.. my BF  though says he likes them :)

I have shelves as well as book case LOL  still not enough room. would be better if 2 of the walls in my room weren't slanted.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:00:28 AM by mistic_imp »

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2013, 02:34:16 AM »
Ok. I may have underestimated the size of this task. I have unloaded three tall bookshelves and a computer desk. Ive moved everything around. I somewhat organized the bookshelves when I put the books back on them. Im trying to keep them from being stacked two deep. But oh god.. My back is killing me now!

Ive got three bags of trash sitting by the front door waiting for my husband to come home so he can take them out. In spite of all the junk I am throwing away, I still have more junk sitting around the house. And now I have NO doll space because I spread out the books >.< And all the DVDs are sitting in two boxes on the floor.

So.. Now I need a big DVD tower AND my dolly display case.

Lesson Learned. Heavy stuff is heavy and I shouldn't have tried to do it all in one night. Also, make sure you have everything you need before hand. I forgot my new setup would require a much longer phone cord so we could still have internet. Thank goodness for tethering in the meantime!

Post Merge: March 01, 2013, 03:20:31 AM

Ok. since Ikea is too far away, Im looking at Wal-Mart's website.. Would you guys give your opinions on this case?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ameriwood-Industries-Carina-53-H-Four-Shelf-Bookcase-with-Glass-Doors-in-Inspired-Cherry/12545773

The dimensions for it are listed wrong. The Length (depth) and Height are swapped. The case is about 15 inches deep, and 53 inches high. I'd prefer it in black, but it has the doors I want, and deep shelves!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:20:31 AM by Maniah »

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2013, 05:41:52 AM »
Ooooooo... That's pretty!

Pony_Mommy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2013, 08:33:31 AM »
What part of the store would one find these spice racks :whistle:

They are usually in the aisle with the drain boards.

Also that cabinet from walmart is nice.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 08:37:05 AM by Pony_Mommy »

Offline DoomBunnies

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2013, 09:27:13 AM »
It looks pretty enough, just be sure you have room for it. And I know exactly how you feel- I had to rearrange my living room in about 3 hours once day so I could get my new couch to fit. Which is barely did, but I loves my giant couch.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Show me your Monster High Display - Just the Jisplay
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2013, 10:53:49 AM »
It looks pretty enough, just be sure you have room for it. And I know exactly how you feel- I had to rearrange my living room in about 3 hours once day so I could get my new couch to fit. Which is barely did, but I loves my giant couch.

My tape measure has been my best friend :) I need to double check the measurements on that cabinet as well as a bookshelf/desk combo to see if they will fit side by side. Then I can finally have a craft station that I don't have to take down every time we need the kitchen table.

My husband is being such a grump about this all. He keeps reminding me that he only agreed to try it for a month. He says I better not buy any more furniture because I might not have anywhere to put it in a month. He promise ld to not make up his mind ahead of time and that he would try to adjust, but I feel like he is not going to try. Then in a month he will throw a fit and want it all moved. For a guy, he sure is fussy.

He can be such a pain sometimes! Oh well. I might have to get my computer fixed so I'm putting the furniture on hold anyway. I have no idea why, but it refuses to load any web pages now and rarely will register an Internet connection :( hopefully my friend can figure it out.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2013, 11:24:01 AM »
Here's my pony and MH display.

Spoiler

My boyfriend's mom found this for my on Craigslist last week. The shelves are made out of glass and there is a light at the top that turns on. It was made for four shelves

Here it is open.

And here are my dolls on the bottom shelf. And yes, that is my reflection XD

Here's what they shelves look like.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2013, 11:51:01 AM »
Sprinkles, I love that hutch! I would love to find one with a light in it!

Fred11706

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2013, 03:15:49 PM »
My cabinets are also from Ikea, they are called Detolf. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10011055/
The risers are spice racks I got from Walmart.

Thanks for posting this! Because of you I'm getting the Detlof shelves. I wasn't sure how'd they look but WOW! Awesome! What did you use for the stairs? Are those like spice holders?

These are the spice racks I use. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Plastic-Expandable-Spice-Shelf/17163836
They cost $5.00 each in store.

I've used the spice racks for my action figures before but I haven't found long ones like the ones your using. Your collection looks awsome!

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2013, 12:09:08 AM »
You people who use bookcases for dolls are crazy- I've got 6 bookcases in my house and still not enough room for all my books. I keep all my dolls on a shelf that takes up the wall of my room.

Ignore the space on the SS box- my werecats are normally there, but they're helping me with tights right now.

The look on the dog's face is funny!  He/She is like "Really??  Why am I surrounded by dolls"?  He just looks so over it, lol

Offline DoomBunnies

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2013, 12:20:30 AM »

The look on the dog's face is funny!  He/She is like "Really??  Why am I surrounded by dolls"?  He just looks so over it, lol

He mostly wanted to know why I wasn't asleep yet so he could cuddle me. He has no interest in the dolls unless I'm playing with them over cooing at him. Selfish monster that he is.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal