collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Game of Thrones ! Friesians Galore.... and lots of horse slaughter ??  (Read 1190 times)

Englishgothgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Ok now addicted to Game of Thrones.

Wants a Direwold

Winter is coming

The night is dark and full of terrors

I belong to stark house.............

Fetch me a raven

*ahem*

So who else likes game of thrones?

Does anyone else notice that fresian that keeps popping up everywhere? it seems so funny, it's like "la la la i'm the star" haha  :lol:

Also... is all the horse slaughter necessary? I know the films gorey and half the characters are dead already but I felt worse when the knight decapitated his horse than when stark died !  :cry:

Offline TwoMore

• Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones ! Friesians Galore.... and lots of horse slaughter ??
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 06:31:39 PM »
Just started season 2!

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 06:37:46 PM »
Love GoT. I didn't like the show at first as it was incredibly confusing but once I read the first book I got right into it. Can't wait for the third season! I'm not sure if I'll ever finish the books, though... :huh:

It's really distressing to see the animals being hurt but when I see the way some of the women are treated, that upsets me far more and makes me really uncomfortable. (I don't want to go into details as it could be triggering for some people). But, yeah, I was more upset about the animals than Ned Stark too ;)
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 07:22:00 PM »
I saw the first series (which both myself and my husband loved) before reading any of the books and I do remember my mouth falling open in horror at that scene with Gregor Clegane and his horse  :blink:

I'm still waiting to see the second series (a friend has ordered it on DVD for me and it hasn't yet been released here - waiting for it to arrive almost as anxiously as a pony parcel lol!)

Really enjoyed the books - up to a point. I haven't yet read the last installment as (people are going start finding me repetitive here as I've said this before... sorry!) but the second to last installment almost bored me to tears. And I know a couple of spoilers for the most recent book which kind of adds to my ongoing lack of enthusiasm to pick it up.

However! Despite Martin's tendency to be rather longwinded in his story telling and going overlong on lists and sigils etc etc, I fully admire the wonderfully complex world he has created. Some terrific characters and great situations. And I have totally fallen into the 'feeling the Jaime love' camp  :P  For a character who was SUCH an ass, it's amazing how Martin just completely turns you around on your opinion of him. Superb feat of character development IMO ^.^

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 07:26:30 PM »
I so need to continue watching this series.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 08:00:34 PM »
I loved the first, but hated the second, too much death and I also HATED that scene when they killed that horse. It was horrible, I was yelling at my otherhalf, why didnt he tell me to shut me eyes. As he had already seen it all, and usually warns me when a scene i wont like comes up, and he didnt, I was so annoyed with him, I refuse to watch anymore. I really think they had a good storyline in the first series, but it went abit down hill from there. For me anyhow, I dont like seeing animals being hurt. Even tho its fake. Just cant watch it.
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 05:58:08 AM »
Not my thing.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 10:14:07 AM »
Yes, it's extremely violent, but I enjoy it.  Can't wait for season 3 to come out!  Been looking for the books at thrift shops- so far have found the second one. Will have to find the first one before I start reading!

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 04:36:11 AM »
And I have totally fallen into the 'feeling the Jaime love' camp  :P  For a character who was SUCH an ass, it's amazing how Martin just completely turns you around on your opinion of him. Superb feat of character development IMO ^.^

I totally agree with you!  I've read all the books up to A Feast for Crows, and Jamie has quickly become one of my favorite characters.  My friend has only watched the show and she can't believe me when I say "Yea, but Jamie's awesome now..."  I can't wait for her to see how his character progresses.

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 07:58:58 AM »
I love this series!  I agree the horse scene was horrible (And a lot of the people scenes are horrible too).  I have read all the books and while I agree with everyone who thinks the last installments are boring the last one is worth it because it gives some resolution to a few story lines though it does leave others on cliffhangers.  Very frustrating but worth it to finish, I promise!

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 08:17:59 AM »
I am literally obsessed with this series, I don't think I've ever been as head over heels enamored with any other franchise to date. No matter how many times I've seen both seasons/read the books, I'm always up for a re-watch/re-read, which isn't the norm for me. I'm usually one of those people who can only see a movie or show once without getting bored, or at least needs a few years in between repeat viewings.

I just got my Season 2 Blueray yesterday and I've been going over all the special features. Overall, I liked Season 2. Sure, there were some things I wish they had done differently or wish they hadn't changed (likely, many of the same grievances others had), but I think they did a good job with the time and budget they were given for the story they needed to tell, and I hope their "mistakes" will be learned from going into the future.

I loved A Storm of Swords. It was just such a roller coaster and completely took my breathe away at several points, I can't wait to see everything from that storyline come alive in seasons 3 and 4. I'm counting down the days until March 31st (as my signature would show)! :D I'm also dying to learn the fate of the cast after A Dance with Dragons but the television series has made waiting for the next book all the more bearable.

Jaime is definitely one of my favorite characters, which came as a complete surprise to me, since, like many people, I absolutely despised him in the beginning. I also love Brienne and can't wait to see them play off one another this year. I feel like Nikolaj Coster Waldau and Gwendoline Christie are just so perfect in their roles, I have a hard time not picturing them when reading the books now.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:49:54 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 09:45:58 AM »
I've read all of the books and loved them (Marlin - it does pick up again - promise) but I just cannot watch the show.
The first season was too close to the book, and so, was boring when you knew what was going to happen.
Second season was just too far fetched and silly. I have no plans to watch the new season, but I do wish he'd hurry up and finish the last book!

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 09:47:50 AM »
I loved the books- but honestly had to put them down a number of times because I HATED the gratuitous violence.

I only saw the first season on TV,  found it to be less violent than the books- and enjoyable mostly  (still too violent but not completely intolerable)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 01:07:39 PM »
Lol - I guess maybe there is hope for the books yet  XD

oooh... Season Two arrived in my mailbox yesterday!!!!! Finally I can see it!!! Only... I have to wait till Friday probably so we can 'premiere' it with my friend who bought it for me  ^.^

pallas

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 07:32:32 PM »
GoT is pretty dark and violent and HBO just ups the ante on the sex and violence, that being said the storytelling is addictive and I can't wait for S3 after a rather inconsistent S2. 

I've read all the books and have the audio versions for my LA commute. 

Dorne is my favorite place, it's a hot dry desert with spicy food and people there know how to hold a grudge. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal