collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: walmart price increase on blind bags :(  (Read 6822 times)

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Re: walmart price increase on blind bags :(
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2013, 10:25:48 AM »
Oh no! At least its still cheaper than TRU. :-P But that still stinks >.<
~Foxtale~

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2013, 10:35:38 AM »
After the rush on the silly things, you think that retailers WOULDN'T raise the price?  They sold by the CASE by the dozen - that's a astounding success by any retailer's perspective on a toy. 

C'mon now... it's just like Zecora; TRU raised her price but people were comfortable with paying $12 so of course they tried to see if people would pay $16.  :-p

I just wish people would draw the line when it gets too high. I refused to buy Zecora when she got too high but because other people were willing to buy her at that price I'll never have her. Now $3 is kinda high but I can still kinda accept it but if they go much higher I'm gonna have to draw the line. After all why buy a blind bag if I can get a brushie for a buck more?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

kirstinb

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2013, 10:54:32 AM »
Yeah ditto... I'm pretty sure it was still marked as $1.96 and at the register, my receipt said $2.47 each...

What... ;(

Offline Lunar Dust

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2013, 11:47:48 AM »
The Wal-mart I was at today had raised the price to $2.47 :cry: and finally got some new Blind Bags in. Wave 7 was on the shelf despit the price I still bought all that was there because the price is still the cheapest around and I have been waiting for new blind bags for over a month near me.

Ps. For those that the tag on the shelf says one thing and it rings up as another you can always ask for a price check and for me they have honered the shelf price. That is how I got Zecore for $9.99 when she rang up as $14.99 before she went even higher. I also got a few other thing this way because someone forgot to change the shelf price :).

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2013, 02:50:14 PM »
Yes my Asda has them for £2.49 ($4.00) :faint:

Yes I noticed that last weekend. And its worrying when the cheapest national supermarket does this as you can be certain others will follow if not go higher.

£2.49 is ridiculous for a 50p sized little bit of plastic - I know they are relatively cheap in comparison to some of the other "blind bag" items but I begrudge it when the rest of the line is in the cheaper price bracket.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2013, 03:46:33 PM »
My Kmart still has them for 1.96. Haven't been to Walmart recently but I sure hope they didn't raise the price, that'll cut into my little crafty side business.

Duster reference]

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2013, 04:17:32 PM »
I picked up a couple yesterday; thought my stuff came to more than I'd thought at checkout, so checked my receipt and that was why. Makes me glad I'm only collecting the ones I really like, rather than trying to collect the whole set.

I didn't notice if the brushables were marked down; if they are, that makes the blind bags feel a LOT less worth it. It's not so bad when it's basically two blindbags equal one brushable, but if the brushables are down to $4, then it's  only a dollar-fifty difference.

**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2013, 04:59:09 PM »
I see they're still a waste of money :lol:

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

CarnationTwirl

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2013, 05:34:16 PM »
...Brushables here are up to 7$ actually. :(
I thought Walmart was supposed to be cheap!

Offline Zest

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2013, 05:52:19 PM »
Ahh, I just got a bunch of BBs last week and the price was $1.97 here. I'm going back to WalMart tomorrow so I guess I'll see if they've raised their prices. :(

Also does anyone know if they sell Blind Bags at Target? I've been looking around for an answer for a while, though I haven't been to Target yet to see for myself.;;;;;
* ~ * ~ * Looking for: TAF Yum Yum and Buttons and Spanish Piggies! * ~ * ~ *

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2013, 06:45:55 PM »
I'm wondering if the price changes have something to do with that "Pony Party" promo thing they are running. After all what better favors for a pony party than ponies? Lower the prices of the brushies by a dollar to make them more appealing but they have to make it up somewhere so they raised the Blind Bags by half a dollar since they probably sell at least twice as many.

Are the boxes still the same price on Hasbro's site? (unfortunately no way to know which wave they will send) If they are than it entirely Wally to blame for this malarkey.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:51:04 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2013, 08:45:04 PM »
Also does anyone know if they sell Blind Bags at Target? I've been looking around for an answer for a while, though I haven't been to Target yet to see for myself.;;;;;

Target sells the blindbags for $2.99, just like Toys R Us. 
Try Kmart.  Last time I found blindbags there they were $1.99.

Jenn1983

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2013, 05:46:40 PM »
My Kmart doesnt sell the blindbags at all, they had wave 3 that i managed to catch on clearance before christmas, but havent gotten anything new in except the crystal empire playsets(bathtub fluttershy, and vanity twilight).

My walmart still has the glittery blindbags, I asked the toy manager and they had(last check) 8 boxes(unopened) of them in stock and were not ordering more until they sold most of those. So, yeah Im not seeing anything new for a while, cause no one down here buys MLP stuff. I dont know about the price difference if they upped the prices on stuff, but I havent checked cause Ive had the whole wave of #4 for months now.

I believe the price bump has alot to do with hottopic being able to charge 5.50 a BB, which is ridiculous. If they can get away with charging it(cause they have the stuff sooner and a bigger variety) the bigger companies just see it as "Why dont we charge more then what we were, but less then them, ppl will still pay." It outrageous and sad that these little toys, (which would have been a $1 years ago) are now hitting the prices they are hitting.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2013, 01:56:14 PM »
I believe the price bump has alot to do with hottopic being able to charge 5.50 a BB, which is ridiculous. If they can get away with charging it(cause they have the stuff sooner and a bigger variety) the bigger companies just see it as "Why dont we charge more then what we were, but less then them, ppl will still pay." It outrageous and sad that these little toys, (which would have been a $1 years ago) are now hitting the prices they are hitting.

That could be a really valid point! National retailers have whole departments just dedicated to price comparison/price checking so it is certainly possible that having seen another retailer manage to sell at a higher price point, others decided to join the party. :(
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal